Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:36 pm

heater31 wrote:$150 to tell me the dog most likely has hayfever! Regular human antihistamines are fine to take.....

Absolutely they are.

What does the dog have to take?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:$150 to tell me the dog most likely has hayfever! Regular human antihistamines are fine to take.....

Absolutely they are.

What does the dog have to take?
The bit you highlighted [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Corona Man wrote:I got to work this morning in 15 seconds.... just had to walk down the hallway.

Seriously though my new commute to the office from home, is around 15 minutes. Bliss by Melbourne standards. I am 7 minutes closer now I reckon.

For Mrs C, 6 less sets of lights too.

I think my commute is around 8 seconds. I do have to go into the office and that's an hour, so working from home is blissful!

Back on topic - I had to go to the airport to catch a 6am flight during the week. I got to the airport at 5.28 and had to jump the queue to make my 6am flight. The line up was maybe 500 or more people long. At 5.58 I went from about 75-100 deep to first in line and then only just made my flight.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:50 pm

Ubers trying to get from the western suburbs to the Parade during peak times.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby locky801 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:57 pm

Wedgie wrote:Ubers trying to get from the western suburbs to the Parade during peak times.

Couple of hours before the first bounce, dont panic
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:33 pm

locky801 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Ubers trying to get from the western suburbs to the Parade during peak times.

Of course I'm panicking, it's all about alcohol consumption more than the game!
First mistake already made by going to the Colonist. Went to Finn McCools and much better. 8)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Smashed Crab » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:36 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:I got to work this morning in 15 seconds.... just had to walk down the hallway.

Seriously though my new commute to the office from home, is around 15 minutes. Bliss by Melbourne standards. I am 7 minutes closer now I reckon.

I think my commute is around 8 seconds. I do have to go into the office and that's an hour, so working from home is blissful!

Back on topic - I had to go to the airport to catch a 6am flight during the week. I got to the airport at 5.28 and had to jump the queue to make my 6am flight. The line up was maybe 500 or more people long. At 5.58 I went from about 75-100 deep to first in line and then only just made my flight.

Was that Tuesday morning? I also had a 6:10 flight, got there at 5:40 (had pre-checked in with Qantas) shat myself seeing the line going out the door. Went straight to the staff lane on the right side and walked straight through. Magic. Saw some pretty animated people. Shocking logistics at the airport, all flights going at the same time, rest of the day is quiet.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby locky801 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:54 pm

Wedgie wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Of course I'm panicking, it's all about alcohol consumption more than the game!
First mistake already made by going to the Colonist. Went to Finn McCools and much better. 8)

silly of me, should have realised need the alcohol consumption to ease the pain of the game lol (plus will keep you warm) :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:05 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Had to get the lad to Glenelg Oval by 5:30pm yesterday, left work early to go collect him and then stopped home to get changed, I left Prospect at a tad before 4:30pm and got there a couple of minutes late, South Road is pure horse shit and will be for some time, yeah it's great having 19 lanes from Regency Road to past Grange Road but they all meet up and traffic doesn't move for God knows how long.

I was fortunate enough for someone to let me across so I could cut down Deacon Avenue to work my way to Marion Road then boom, another wall. Managed to get across to cut through Mooringie to get to Morphett which was bedlam trying to turn right again, the final kick in the nuts was eventually turning on to Brighton Road and seeing what was ahead.

Under normal circumstances I would've worked my way to Tapleys Hill Road, hindsight is wonderful.

I don't think I'll ever get to see the full advantage of the South Road upgrade.

This makes me appreciate my 25 min, 3 roads, 100km an hour for 90% of the way trip to work each day.

Length of time is perfect, allows me to get through 5-7 songs, enough to clear the head before seeing the fam. Can almost do the trip in auto pilot and plenty of easy/safe overtaking spots if I get caught behind some tourists. Wildlife can be a bit of a nightmare but touchwood haven't hit anything yet.....fingers crossed.

Don't reckon I could ever do a city commute to work ever again. Work is enough of a life struggle nevermind getting there and back being stressful. Sport is just as easy to travel to except some of the travel is an hour long.

This
Ive never lived in the city, this would be one of the main reasons not to. I drive from Angaston to Nuri for work, all of about 10 minutes and 7 or 8kms. However, the chance of a 5 second stop at the two lights is annoying. Generally i fuel up every 4 weeks, unless sport takes me to the shit hole of Gawler.

Same here.
Bad enough driving 5 minutes with a few intersections and a roundabout.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:So we have never owned a dog, my BIL and his family are off to Sydney for a week so they drop off their 6 month old cavoodle (?) to us last night to look after. My son who has pleaded for a dog all his life is in heaven and has promised to look after it. Anyway last night the dog jumped off my son's bed and now it isn't putting any pressure on is back right leg when walking. He doesn't seem in any distress and doesn't flinch when we put pressure on the leg, anyone had something similar? 8-[

Update, took him to Vet on Friday, surgery on Saturday -$2,300 so far.....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:So we have never owned a dog, my BIL and his family are off to Sydney for a week so they drop off their 6 month old cavoodle (?) to us last night to look after. My son who has pleaded for a dog all his life is in heaven and has promised to look after it. Anyway last night the dog jumped off my son's bed and now it isn't putting any pressure on is back right leg when walking. He doesn't seem in any distress and doesn't flinch when we put pressure on the leg, anyone had something similar? 8-[

No good deed goes unpunished.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Not gone well then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:17 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Not gone well then.

Term two School Fees due in four weeks
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:

What the hell was wrong with it? Did it dislocate it's hip or something?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 pm

I'm going ACL.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Knee Patella was displaced, needed to be screwed back in, complicated by the dog still growing. We are now nursing the dog with a cone of shame until Thursday, friggin nightmare!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Knee Patella was displaced, needed to be screwed back in, complicated by the dog still growing. We are now nursing the dog with a cone of shame until Thursday, friggin nightmare!

So you're not getting your own dog then, you seem to break them within minutes of getting them :lol:

(Poor Pupper, hope he'll be ok)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:22 am

Thats exactly what happened, unbelievable, and no we wont be getting a dog.

However I do now understand how people get so attached to their pups.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:59 pm

Smashed Crab wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Was that Tuesday morning? I also had a 6:10 flight, got there at 5:40 (had pre-checked in with Qantas) shat myself seeing the line going out the door. Went straight to the staff lane on the right side and walked straight through. Magic. Saw some pretty animated people. Shocking logistics at the airport, all flights going at the same time, rest of the day is quiet.

It was indeed. I am now mocked at work for being the most 'latest' person to make the 6am! I think I boarded at 6.08 to the chagrin of the cabin staff and passengers.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:54 pm

the airport does open earlier to check in....

but people do hate it when they see people using the staff lane for screening
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion