SANFL 2021 SEASON

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Postby Aerie » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:03 pm

I don’t have a problem with the Women being worth the same as men in the Stanley H Lewis Cup. The juniors and reserves are all compromised to gain optimum results for the league side. No compromise with the Women. Having said that, they could just as easily make it all worth the same. Does anyone really care who wins this trophy anyway?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:33 am

Maybe it is an opportunity to change how it is judged each year? Still have on field performances as part of it but maybe add in things like measuring how much the club has worked its local zones, assisted charities and been out in it community/schools/clubs promoting the SANFL.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby DOC » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:38 am

I say all grades should be equal points. This will reflect the time and effort put into all comps, especially juniors.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 pm

DOC wrote:I say all grades should be equal points. This will reflect the time and effort put into all comps, especially juniors.

Some merit to this. I note that womens and u16s would still count for less by virtue of having shorter seasons.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13 pm

Pseudo wrote:
DOC wrote:I say all grades should be equal points. This will reflect the time and effort put into all comps, especially juniors.

Some merit to this. I note that womens and u16s would still count for less by virtue of having shorter seasons.

Very good point, actually seals the deal for why it should be equal points as there is a natural scale anyway.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:02 pm

whufc wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Very good point, actually seals the deal for why it should be equal points as there is a natural scale anyway.

Makes it even more pointless, if they don't all play the same amount of matches.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:04 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Makes it even more pointless, if they don't all play the same amount of matches.

Agree I’m working on the presumption we must have the trophy.

Wouldn’t fuss me it the Stanley was removed
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pseudo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:29 pm

Pseudo wrote:This week's Budget was only 20 pages, cover to cover. Take out 8 pages of team listings (including reserves and womens), a couple of full-page adverts, and the front & back covers, and there wasn't much left. By comparison last year's round 1 & 2 budgets were 40 pages and contained a lot of reading material and stats info on top of the team lists. Are we going to have a limited Budget for the rest of the season?

Only 20 pages in the Budget again this week. Interesting article on the best player-debuts in history, but not much else.

While we're at it - The Sunday Mail had no scores or ladder on the first page of the sport section. Some of the match reports (buried in the second half of the sport) were terse: the writeup of the Glenelg/Eagles match crammed the final half into a paragraph. I doubt it was written that way; did the editor trim the story to make it fit?
Pseudo
Coach

Postby StrayDog » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:54 am

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:The Stanley H Lewis will be a joke if they've done that.
A shame.
(and that's from a supporter with a successful women's club)

I tend to agree it shouldn’t be worth the same but do the SANFL really want to open that can of worms.

That is a today tonight story waiting to happen, you could almost guarantee the AFL would ‘get involved’ just to be seen as great.

For mine just allow it to be the same, I wouldn’t have a clue what year we won the trophies through those premiership years. No one really cares about it anyway. Maybe like previously mentioned just make all grades the same.

Another two good reasons to do it. Anyway, Barcelona Tonight anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJU7zKQaF2Y

Hyperbolic tabloid tat which hasn't improved with age.

Make all the grades the same? Why not, indeed. The end of decades of age discrimination. ;)

Play on.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:08 pm

Where can I find a list of games that will be televised or does anyone know which game this week is being shown?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:17 pm

I think there will not be one this week due to the AFLW final.
DOC
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:22 pm

Jim05 wrote:Where can I find a list of games that will be televised or does anyone know which game this week is being shown?

Centrals v Glenelg is the Ch7 game, I believe. Or at least it was.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:28 pm

Spargo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Where can I find a list of games that will be televised or does anyone know which game this week is being shown?

Think that will be changed due to AFLW Grand Final, like they cancelled Norwood and Sturt last week.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:45 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Think that will be changed due to AFLW Grand Final, like they cancelled Norwood and Sturt last week.

Wow the SANFL is really kicking goals, now its considered less of a competition than AFLW, my god what has the world come to??
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Ronnie » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:15 pm

Speaking with a passionate Crows (and mildly SANFL) supporter on the weekend who has an elite sport background, she still feels the AFLW is "garbage", even though it has improved.
It's only an opinion sure, but it's funny what is said publicly and what some people utter privately. Very different.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby StrayDog » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:15 pm

A provisional guide of Seven's games was part of the original fixture.

https://sanfl-content.imgix.net/content ... ixture.pdf

I notice the Seven symbol against Rounds two and three games have now vanished from this.

daysofourlives wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Centrals v Glenelg is the Ch7 game, I believe. Or at least it was.

Wow the SANFL is really kicking goals, now its considered less of a competition than AFLW, my god what has the world come to??

Might explain why no games involving AFL Reserves sides were originally indicated for Seven in the first four weeks, no other games committed to even at this stage if the PDF fixture is being kept up to date in that regard, as it seems it has been.

Is the League still paying a million a year for this? I'm pretty sure Seven West still have a contract to cover a certain number of games, I'd like to think the sides originally slated in the last couple of weeks might be in the mix catch-up wise later on in the season.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:40 pm

SANFL wishes to advise of a fixture update for Round Five of the 2021 Statewide Super League season following an update of the AFL fixture.

Round Five will now see Norwood host South Adelaide for another primetime blockbuster match under lights from 7:40pm at The Parade on Friday, April 30 (previously scheduled for Saturday, May 1).

The Round Five match between Sturt and Adelaide game also will move to 12pm on Sunday, May 2 (previously Saturday, May 1) and will be broadcast live on Channel 7.

SANFL General Manager Football Matt Duldig said although dates and venues for the first 11 rounds of the season were locked in, there was always a possibility of date and time changes to align with the fluid nature of the 2021 AFL season fixture.

“While it was important to provide SANFL Clubs, players, coaches, umpires, volunteers and supporters with as much surety as possible to assist with planning, there was always a need to have flexibility around the rolling AFL fixture to accommodate SANFL broadcast games and maximise attendances,” Mr Duldig said.

He said SANFL would confirm the date and time for the much-anticipated West End State game against WAFL at Adelaide Oval on the weekend of May 15-16 once the AFL Round Nine fixture was released. SANFL is planning for the State game to be a curtain raiser to the Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs AFL match.

SANFL also today confirmed a time change in Round Nine of the Statewide Super Women’s League, with Norwood now hosting South Adelaide at The Parade at the earlier time of 11am on Saturday, May 1.

Statewide Super League - Round Five match and broadcast details
Friday 30 April

Norwood v South Adelaide | Coopers Stadium | 7:40pm* | SANFL Digital Pass

*previously Saturday 1 May

Saturday 1 May

North Adelaide v Glenelg | Prospect Oval | 1:10pm | SANFL Digital Pass | 1629 SEN SA

West Adelaide v Central District | Hisense Stadium | 2:10pm | SANFL Digital Pass

Sunday 2 May

Port Adelaide v Eagles | Alberton Oval | 2:10pm | SANFL Digital Pass

Sturt v Adelaide | Unley Oval | 12:00pm* | Channel 7 and 7Plus

*previously Saturday 1 May
DOC
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:05 pm

DOC wrote:“While it was important to provide SANFL Clubs, players, coaches, umpires, volunteers and supporters with as much surety as possible to assist with planning, there was always a need to have flexibility around the rolling AFL fixture to accommodate SANFL broadcast games and maximise attendances,” Mr Duldig said.

The SANFL pays ch7 for coverage, yet has to reschedule its games so as not to upset ch7's AFL coverage.

Should have given coverage to ch9.
Pseudo
Coach

Postby RB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:26 pm

DOC wrote:SANFL is planning for the State game to be a curtain raiser to the Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs AFL match.

Boooo
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby whybother » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:51 pm

I prefer that option,since I wouldn't go to it, rather than my club as a curtain raiser, which I would want to go to, but probably couldn't because of the cost/difficulties of getting entangled with an AFL game.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL