Did Bobby thumb a diesel down?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Spargo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Mate’s brother (Mick) was on a second date last night with a girl he’d been chasing a while. First date went really well, really really well.
Last night the topic of favourite music/bands was asked. Mick shares my genuine distaste for anything Coldplay. His exact words were “I’ll listen to anything, and I mean anything except those blokes impostering musicians from Coldplay”. Mick wasn’t to know his date idolised them, as in had seen them over 20 times around the world. She burst into tears & left him high & dry half way through their second drink.
He said he got no less than 30 text messages from her afterwards ranging from sad to downright vicious. Her final one (at around 3am this morning :lol:) suggested he seek professional help as no one sane could hate Coldplay.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Spargo wrote:Mate’s brother (Mick) was on a second date last night with a girl he’d been chasing a while. First date went really well, really really well.
Last night the topic of favourite music/bands was asked. Mick shares my genuine distaste for anything Coldplay. His exact words were “I’ll listen to anything, and I mean anything except those blokes impostering musicians from Coldplay”. Mick wasn’t to know his date idolised them, as in had seen them over 20 times around the world. She burst into tears & left him high & dry half way through their second drink.
He said he got no less than 30 text messages from her afterwards ranging from sad to downright vicious. Her final one (at around 3am this morning :lol:) suggested he seek professional help as no one sane could hate Coldplay.

Good to see I am not the only person on this earth who absolutely despises that band more than any other.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:36 pm

Spargo wrote:Mate’s brother (Mick) was on a second date last night with a girl he’d been chasing a while. First date went really well, really really well.

How attractive was she???

With the right looks I could easily pretend to like any band including the rolling stones. :D :D :D :D :
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Spargo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:40 pm

whufc wrote:

With the right looks I could easily pretend to like any band including the rolling stones. :D :D :D :D :

Sounds like she was pretty hot, just a nut case.
Mick told his brother “I’m glad I got a shot away the first night” :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Good to see I am not the only person on this earth who absolutely despises that band more than any other.

Yep, boil my piss.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:57 pm

whufc wrote:

Pardon?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:18 pm

Unfortunately I'm with Mick on this one.....Coldplay are well.....cold! Never understood the hype.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby MW » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Yep, boil my piss.

Add U2 to the list. Most overrated band ever.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:29 pm

MW wrote:
Add U2 to the list. Most overrated band ever.

Ouch, they have some mundane sort of stuff but have some absolute classics too though.

I guess I'll put my shield up in preparation for the barrage but I can't like the Midnight Oils.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby cracka » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:47 pm

heater31 wrote:Unfortunately I'm with Mick on this one.....Coldplay are well.....cold! Never understood the hype.

Them & Oasis
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Pardon?

Something in my brain has missed the whole 'rolling stones' thing.

I simply don't get it.....
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:03 pm

whufc wrote:
Something in my brain has missed the whole 'rolling stones' thing.

I simply don't get it.....

Satisfaction?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:04 pm

that's understandable, given that you weren't a teenage girl in the 60s/70s. :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Never really understood people disliking certain music/artists, just listen to music you like?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:14 pm

Dutchy wrote:Never really understood people disliking certain music/artists, just listen to music you like?

Having an East Londoner for a father it was almost impossible to avoid as a child in the 80's. My siblings loved it, all the family friends loved it but I just didn't get it hey...… use to hate when the Clash, the Who, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Stone Roses came off and the stones came on.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:Never really understood people disliking certain music/artists, just listen to music you like?

Sometimes we have no choice, the wife used to vandalize my ears with Sia and Lady Gaga on repeatedly, I fought through it for the first 6-12 months until one day I gave my honest evaluation of her taste in music, she could play the same song 5 times in a row, it would make my ears bleed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:23 pm

I don't listen to Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Oasis, etc etc but I hear them and if I do I don't like it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:33 pm

Coldplay are not my cup of tea but they are miles better than some of the genuine trash out there, listen to Nova for an hour, pure torture.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 pm

whufc wrote:

Having an East Londoner for a father it was almost impossible to avoid as a child in the 80's. My siblings loved it, all the family friends loved it but I just didn't get it hey...… use to hate when the Clash, the Who, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Stone Roses came off and the stones came on.

Love Supertramp. One of my fave bands.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion