Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:31 pm

Q. wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:
Q. wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:You will find that these historical allegations are a problem for both sides of the political spectrum

I do not know if any of you are aware of this case but this victim is still alive and she has presented more evidence in 2019 and still the corrupt Vic police are sitting on it.

https://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2021/0 ... rriff.html

I have been following the Kathy Sherriff/Bill Shorten allegation for a few years now and with all the evidence still no prosecution.

https://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2021/0 ... nst-b.html

Also a great article from Andrew Bolt The Herald Sun.

"Rape Claims
Billl Shorten was protected
Why not this Minister too"

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andr ... a325301ff3

For me once again this highlights the hypocrisy and double standards of politicians and the media. :(

There's no double standard - the case above was investigated [b]twice by Vic Pol.

Ok right like i said i have followed this story since it came out years ago.

As i can recall when Kathy Sherriff first reported this alledged incident she provided witnesses names etc however the police investigators at the time after a few months or so advised that they could not find/locate these witnesses.

So it was either ineptitude a cover up or just plain corruption as you know Vic Police has a long history of corruption.

Finally after searching Kathy finds most of these witnesses and 2019 provides names etc once again asks Vic Pol to re open the case and supposedly investigate.

Heaps of reports about this case over the years been on current affairs programs etc.

https://www.theunshackled.net/australia ... re-emerge/

https://www.theunshackled.net/australia ... re-emerge/

So Q my question to you and everyone else on here is say that was your mom sister wife daughter who years later came out and made such an allegation would you believe your close family member and steadfastly support her or would you just go along and believe the corrupt Vic Police.

Rape is Rape it does not matter what side of the political fence you sit on its not about scoring cheap political points against each other.

There must be justice and resolution for victims.

My other question to all is Bill Shortens name has been ruined and tarnished for ever by this allegation.

So why has Bill Shorten not sued Kathy Sherriff for defamation etc

To this day Kathy Sherriff is still resolute and fighting for justice.

If, as you say, there is new evidence, then Vic Pol should investigate for a third time. You deciding Vic Pol were corrupt is not evidence.

I have decided nothing mate its a known fact regarding police corruption and cover ups in Victoria over the last 50 years or so i have read many news reports and seen docos etc over the years.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:10 pm

The Cabinet Minister who is the subject of the historical rape allegation will make a public statement tomorrow. No doubt he will be welcoming an independent investigation to clear his name.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:27 pm

Q. wrote:The Cabinet Minister who is the subject of the historical rape allegation will make a public statement tomorrow. No doubt he will be welcoming an independent investigation to clear his name.

Anyone bought a new car in Murray Bridge?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:46 pm

Q. wrote:The Cabinet Minister who is the subject of the historical rape allegation will make a public statement tomorrow. No doubt he will be welcoming an independent investigation to clear his name.

Wow great lets also have an independent investigation of the other historical rape allegation and clear Bill Shortens name.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:55 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:

Wow great lets also have an independent investigation of the other historical rape allegation and clear Bill Shortens name.

Victoria Pollce are responsible for investigating that historical rape allegation and prosecuting under criminal law.

The allegation I refer to above cannot be prosecuted by NSW Police because the alleged victim is dead and there is no victim statement and there can be no victim testimony in court. Thus, the family and friends are seeking an independent investigation under administrative law (similar to Dyson Heydon).

Given that Victoria Police undertook two investigations, then you would agree that the above allegation would at least require a single independent investigation?
Q.
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:38 pm

Q. wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:

Victoria Pollce are responsible for investigating that historical rape allegation and prosecuting under criminal law.

The allegation I refer to above cannot be prosecuted by NSW Police because the alleged victim is dead and there is no victim statement and there can be no victim testimony in court. Thus, the family and friends are seeking an independent investigation under administrative law (similar to Dyson Heydon).

Given that Victoria Police undertook two investigations, then you would agree that the above allegation would at least require a single independent investigation?

I guess we can stop investigating murders then since they're dead to?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Q. wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:

Exceptional point Daysie
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:19 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Q. wrote:Victoria Pollce are responsible for investigating that historical rape allegation and prosecuting under criminal law.

Exceptional point Daysie

It's actually not. It's a terrible point.

Successful rape prosecutions almost always require victim statement and testimony.

Michael Bradley of Marque Lawyers, who represented the alleged victim, said a criminal case was possible but unlikely.

“As a legal fact, it is theoretically possible for a criminal rape prosecution to proceed despite the alleged victim having died. As a reality, that won’t happen,” he wrote in Crikey on Monday.

The evidentiary burden on the prosecution and the legal protections afforded the alleged perpetrator cannot be bridged.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2021/03/02/cabinet-rape-what-next/
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:13 am

I’m still betting there are less victim statements in murders trials.
Fortunately, there is still a burden of proof in our legal system regardless of which political party they belong to.
Trial by (social) media, especially the partisan participants, is not enough for the majority of our population and saying there should be an inquiry into a possible crime is just ludicrous. More politics from those who can’t get over losing an election.

I’ll condemn both Shorten & this bloke if they’re convicted in a proper criminal Court otherwise where does it stop?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:24 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I’m still betting there are less victim statements in murders trials.

There is other evidence to examine in a murder, for instance, a body :roll:

Jimmy_041 wrote:Fortunately, there is still a burden of proof in our legal system regardless of which political party they belong to.
Trial by (social) media, especially the partisan participants, is not enough for the majority of our population and saying there should be an inquiry into a possible crime is just ludicrous. More politics from those who can’t get over losing an election.

I’ll condemn both Shorten & this bloke if they’re convicted in a proper criminal Court otherwise where does it stop?

This is an absurd statement being used by many to try and silence alleged victims of rape. The presumption of innocence is not a wide ranging embargo on the discussion of the allegations.

As mentioned above, the family and friends are seeking an independent investigation to have the alleged victim's story heard via the only means possible now. Morrison in 2019 would agree:

Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:14 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I’ll condemn both Shorten & this bloke if they’re convicted in a proper criminal Court otherwise where does it stop?

Most recently, an independent investigation was used to examine Dyson Heydon's sexual harassment of six junior court staff. There is plenty of precedence for this.
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:22 am

Quoting Newscorp now
Just shows how desperate some people are.

Fortunately we have a legal system that treats everyone the same, regardless of their politics, and it’s not just the police that decide who gets charged and tried.

But, yeah, hang him up. The left have already found him guilty so he must be
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:32 am

Q. wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:I’ll condemn both Shorten & this bloke if they’re convicted in a proper criminal Court otherwise where does it stop?

Most recently, an independent investigation was used to examine Dyson Heydon's sexual harassment of six junior court staff. There is plenty of precedence for this.

The High Court instituted an investigation into what happened to its employees just as your employer or mine is allowed to do.

There is no way an employer would investigate an alleged crime such as this. They’d probably end up on the end of their own legal problems.

But let’s have a Kangaroo Court anyway. Social media has spoken & found him guilty so he must be.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby RB » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:06 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:But, yeah, hang him up. The left have already found him guilty so he must be

Calling for some sort of investigation - though I too am skeptical that that's the right approach in this case - does not amount to presuming guilt.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Dinglinga75 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:41 am

Will today's announcement from Porter be : -
introduce legislation ensuring that murders can only be investigated if the victim is alive ?
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby stan » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:49 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:

The High Court instituted an investigation into what happened to its employees just as your employer or mine is allowed to do.

There is no way an employer would investigate an alleged crime such as this. They’d probably end up on the end of their own legal problems.

But let’s have a Kangaroo Court anyway. Social media has spoken & found him guilty so he must be.
I tend to lean towards this point for this, we are looking to hang the guy based on Social media outrage and stand him down.

I'm not sure how we can approach this and go about getting this investigated. But regardless we can't be hanging people based on outrage.

Also what are people expecting the PM to do here?

He could call for the review, but really he should be getting the direction of the AFP.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dinglinga75 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 am

You couldn't make this up ...
Advocate for survivors of sexual assault and Australian of the year Grace Tame scheduled to address the Press Club today, now has to compete with this "alleged" rapist announcing his innocence.
The hypocrisy, lies and manipulation of this LNP govt, - knows no bounds
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:03 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Dinglinga75 wrote:
NSW police to continue this investigation as they have proven incompetent with investigating Morrisons mentor Brian Houston, over 18 months of investigating and nothing.

NSW police have already decided there is insufficient evidence and closed the case.

A key word that is missing from your sentence is 'admissable' evidence'. If the victim was still alive, it appears there could have been sufficient evidence.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:15 pm

Not sure if it is a coincidence or not but the alleged rapist's former wife ended the marriage at about the same time as the alleged victim began pursuing justice, the same time the Prime MInister admitted to having heard rumours about the alleged rape.
Last edited by bulldogproud on Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:47 pm

Porter fronting the media now
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times