24%
Mitchell Park
7%
OSB/Lonsdale
7%

Total votes : 46

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

Postby Executive Member » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:Brahma should put 'SWFC' on the back of their jumpers as a mark of respect to the club they've amalgamated with. 8)

cool story bro :weedman:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:32 pm

Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Brahma should put 'SWFC' on the back of their jumpers as a mark of respect to the club they've amalgamated with. 8)

That's how you raise your footy budget funds isnt it? :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Executive Member » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

That's how you raise your footy budget funds isnt it? :D

nope, there is an oil well under the club - wait till you see the new rennos, now the council have nearly finished after 10 months 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby morell » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:34 pm

I for one would like to hear more from @ballsack
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:04 pm

Ballsack wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
Ballsack wrote:Haven’t heard any Parkies updates in a while. I’m assuming a few people have stopped visiting the local watering hole? @the apprentice @Hollywood7477

Don’t visit any watering holes. Got told by the father of the lad!!!

Spreading rumours about a div 7 footy club and you’re not drinking? That’s probably more embarrassing to be fair. I feel sorry for you.

So a 19 year old that lives at Sellicks Beach is going to travel all the way to Mitchell Park to play for free!!! Hmmm ok yeah it’s a rumour
Attachments
3AC97DAC-FC94-4C60-BCC7-234B63F26699.jpeg
3AC97DAC-FC94-4C60-BCC7-234B63F26699.jpeg (93.92 KiB) Viewed 2956 times
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Ballsack » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:02 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
Ballsack wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
Ballsack wrote:Haven’t heard any Parkies updates in a while. I’m assuming a few people have stopped visiting the local watering hole? @the apprentice @Hollywood7477

Spreading rumours about a div 7 footy club and you’re not drinking? That’s probably more embarrassing to be fair. I feel sorry for you.

So a 19 year old that lives at Sellicks Beach is going to travel all the way to Mitchell Park to play for free!!! Hmmm ok yeah it’s a rumour

I was travelling to K.I for free at the same age. So the logic there doesn’t really add up too well tbh.
Ballsack
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:36 pm

"Ballsack"hollywood7477"Ballsack- hollywood7477"]
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I was travelling to K.I for free at the same age. So the logic there doesn’t really add up too well tbh.

How long ago was that cos things have changed Buddy!!! If you think they are going to play for free then ur very naive!!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby morell » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:46 pm

Ballsack is Mitchell Park's footy director

I've got no idea if he's playing for free or $2000 a week, but Sacky would
morell
Coach

Postby Ballsack » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:36 am

Regardless of if he is or not;
Firstly it’s unproven, therefor a rumour.
Secondly if we’re going off age and distance travelled, the argument makes no sense..
So from that we can establish that old mate Hollywood mustn’t have a very exciting life, if trying to be a div 7 news breaker is the best thing he has claim to. Hence why I still feel sorry for the bloke to be fair.
Ballsack
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Blokes that play GSFL reserves will come up against a teams that would beat D7 teams easily. Good on Mitchell Park attracting blokes to their club that they think will assist in their current position and as long as they are sticking to salary cap rules then what’s the issue? Just because people think they won’t get a kick then it’s worth slagging off on an Internet forum? It’s not AFL and every club in Australia has at some stage done some recruiting that people question. Play on...
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:29 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Blokes that play GSFL reserves will come up against a teams that would beat D7 teams easily. Good on Mitchell Park attracting blokes to their club that they think will assist in their current position and as long as they are sticking to salary cap rules then what’s the issue? Just because people think they won’t get a kick then it’s worth slagging off on an Internet forum? It’s not AFL and every club in Australia has at some stage done some recruiting that people question. Play on...

What about D1R? :-k :-k
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Blokes that play GSFL reserves will come up against a teams that would beat D7 teams easily. Good on Mitchell Park attracting blokes to their club that they think will assist in their current position and as long as they are sticking to salary cap rules then what’s the issue? Just because people think they won’t get a kick then it’s worth slagging off on an Internet forum? It’s not AFL and every club in Australia has at some stage done some recruiting that people question. Play on...

Should start a poll or play a simulated match?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:46 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:

you know you have made it when this gets mentioned in echelons of power :D
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Sass! » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:38 am

Really good point. If you are a club that's just lost a few in the off season and there is the option to bring in some talent from a country league that can do a lot for a playing groups morale heading into the season. And as stated, a decent reserves player who cant regularly crack into the Senior side, can still have a decent impact at Div 7 level. Let alone three blokes.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:45 am

Executive Member wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

It's right up there with the North Haven visitors changeroom light discussion.

#folklore
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

It's right up there with the North Haven visitors changeroom light discussion.

#folklore

indeed, I was talking to the B grade coach of Plympton and he mentioned about playing a final out there - I quizzed him on the lighting situation and got a very blank look :lol:

Can tell the real footy people ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Ballsack wrote:Regardless of if he is or not;
Firstly it’s unproven, therefor a rumour.
Secondly if we’re going off age and distance travelled, the argument makes no sense..
So from that we can establish that old mate Hollywood mustn’t have a very exciting life, if trying to be a div 7 news breaker is the best thing he has claim to. Hence why I still feel sorry for the bloke to be fair.

I’d prob ballsack the footy director at a Mitchell Park if he’s paying b Graders to play for his club. With all the players he’s lost you would think he would try and recruit A Grade footballers not b grade but hey if ya wanna be a mediocre club recruit mediocre players
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:37 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:I’d prob ballsack the footy director at a Mitchell Park if he’s paying b Graders to play for his club. With all the players he’s lost you would think he would try and recruit A Grade footballers not b grade but hey if ya wanna be a mediocre club recruit mediocre players

Didn't Flinders Uni recruit a bunch of B/C graders from Mitcham last year? Looks like they had a reasonably successful season.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Sass! » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:07 pm

The Bedge wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:I’d prob ballsack the footy director at a Mitchell Park if he’s paying b Graders to play for his club. With all the players he’s lost you would think he would try and recruit A Grade footballers not b grade but hey if ya wanna be a mediocre club recruit mediocre players

Didn't Flinders Uni recruit a bunch of B/C graders from Mitcham last year? Looks like they had a reasonably successful season.

Going back a few years now but when Modbury's C Grade were part of the Div 7 Comp (up against some pretty hand sides like Smithfield, Houghton, North Pines etc.) we managed to play finals and did so on the back of "C Grade" Footballers when our club was Div 3 at the time. Not sure how much the quality of the Div 7 comp has changed since then but if you added some solid Reserves Footballers into our side back then, they would have been noticeably handy inclusions. I think its pretty naïve to assume that you need to target A Graders from country and metro leagues in order for them to be worth spending any dollars on at Div 7 level.

You've obviously never watched Money Ball.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby morell » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:22 pm

This whole conversation is utterly absurd

I've known A graders from the GSFL I wouldn't pay petrol money for and B Graders I'd sell the farm for. Heck they've been D7 footballers that have won much higher level association medals and played div 1 on coin.

It's almost as if footballers are human beings and have a variety of reasons why they play at the level they do. Who woulda thunk it.

Having seen the players in question train and have a scratchy, I'm more than comfortable in their ability to contribute to our A Grade this year. Payment or not.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League