PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:31 pm

Driving home this arvo and there is a car with a Swans 2020 member sticker...thats the 1st one ive seen.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:32 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Driving home this arvo and there is a car with a Swans 2020 member sticker...thats the 1st one ive seen.

Did you wave to Wubsy?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:11 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Driving home this arvo and there is a car with a Swans 2020 member sticker...thats the 1st one ive seen.

White Mercedes van?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Spargo wrote:

White Mercedes van?
Nope, mitsi 380

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:41 am

I don't understand how our dog randomly forgets he has a doggy door and stands at the back door waiting to come in.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:48 am

Wedgie wrote:I don't understand how our dog randomly forgets he has a doggy door and stands at the back door waiting to come in.

They eat their own shit, nothing should surprise you.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:57 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I don't understand how our dog randomly forgets he has a doggy door and stands at the back door waiting to come in.

Mine dived head first into a bucket of water because it could not reach the water for a drink.....its a pug!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:51 pm

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Mine dived head first into a bucket of water because it could not reach the water for a drink.....its a pug!

Oh you're claiming it as yours now, how cute :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby vondes » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:30 am

I do not understand why people on dating sites are posting fake photos. When you are dating online https://mylistcrawler.com/ , it is natural that sooner or later you will meet in real life. So why to create a profile with the information and pictures that do not match the reality. What is the purpose of it? You are deceiving yourself and it is completely pointless.
Last edited by vondes on Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
vondes
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby Spargo » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:07 pm

vondes wrote:upper lip

Well that’s umm, random...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:20 pm

that there is a cap of the number of smilies per post :shock:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:11 pm

had a quote in mid October for some outdoor blinds and also some new gutters around the place.

so in early November I had 2 missed calls, as I was working. I then returned a call and also sent a text message. no reply.

a gentleman rolled up at 8am to measure the Gutters one morning unannounced... :? and the Mrs was on the way out, but he was only going to be "a few minutes". the gutter work needed to be done and has since been completed, which is fine.

last friday I get a call regarding the deposit for the Blinds. I explain to her about the lack of communication and that we had changed our minds and arent going to go ahead with it.

well this arvo, in the midst of watching the stirring finish to the Test a van flies down the driveway. I said to the mrs this will be for the blinds and as the only winner i backed all day, it was.
i explained to him that we had changed our minds and I had told the office this. He did say the office had told him about that, and then tried to say he had rung up twice before XMAS and had turned up also. I told him the only communication I had was way back in late october/november :lol: :lol: and since there had been no communication we have since changed our minds.
but im confused, why would these people just roll up unannounced, what are they hoping to achieve?? - that we would suddenly change our minds and welcome them in with open arms :roll:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:07 pm

same sentence but replace "dog" with "cat"

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:08 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:that there is a cap of the number of smilies per post :shock:

Blame Big Phil for that

Footy Chick

Postby RustyCage » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:42 pm

RustyCage wrote:https://youtu.be/x_rmNJk4KEs

I think this is where their bromance began.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:46 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:had a quote in mid October for some outdoor blinds and also some new gutters around the place.

so in early November I had 2 missed calls, as I was working. I then returned a call and also sent a text message. no reply.

a gentleman rolled up at 8am to measure the Gutters one morning unannounced... :? and the Mrs was on the way out, but he was only going to be "a few minutes". the gutter work needed to be done and has since been completed, which is fine.

last friday I get a call regarding the deposit for the Blinds. I explain to her about the lack of communication and that we had changed our minds and arent going to go ahead with it.

well this arvo, in the midst of watching the stirring finish to the Test a van flies down the driveway. I said to the mrs this will be for the blinds and as the only winner i backed all day, it was.
i explained to him that we had changed our minds and I had told the office this. He did say the office had told him about that, and then tried to say he had rung up twice before XMAS and had turned up also. I told him the only communication I had was way back in late october/november [emoji38] [emoji38] and since there had been no communication we have since changed our minds.
but im confused, why would these people just roll up unannounced, what are they hoping to achieve?? - that we would suddenly change our minds and welcome them in with open arms :roll:
So this lot called up friday, following up on the gutters and if there was any other work they could do for us...
Apparently they wanted to thank us for getting many referrals from a sign we didnt even have put out the front[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

So they're coming out this arvo, to give us a quote, that i already have and will give us 'Executive Pricing'....

I'll give it to them, told them how bad the experience was and how workmen rolled up unannounced....they still wanna come out.

But I'm expecting SIGNIFICANT savings....given its EXECUTIVE PRICING....

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:18 pm

Not sure what to make of this. Had a bloke ring our doorbell and ask if we minded if he used our address to order a taxi. He said taxi told him they wouldn't come without a physical address for a pickup. He knew our street name and said he would just be waiting out the front for his cab and was worried we might freak out if we saw him hanging around. He knew the street name and asked for our number. I told him it was on the letter box and that seeing as he asked us questions would he answer some of mine. Told me he had been at a mates place and had decided to walk home, got so far and thought "screw it, I'll call a cab". Reasonable as his stated destination is a good 8 or so kilometers from here. I said I had no objection to him waiting out on the footpath but my Mrs was uncomfortable and a little spooked.

A minute or two later she said he was standing in the middle of our front lawn. I went and had a look out the window just in time to see him take off at full bolt down the road and into a dead end street that leads to a footpath down the linear park thingo. Not seen him since.
No taxi has turned up looking for a fare. Makes me wonder. Just another druggie DH doing some sort of casing job or what? He never got a look into our place and would not have been able to see over our fences or gates.

It's not that I feel threatened by this, just wondering if I am missing something.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Magellan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:11 am

Kahuna wrote:Not sure what to make of this. Had a bloke ring our doorbell and ask if we minded if he used our address to order a taxi. He said taxi told him they wouldn't come without a physical address for a pickup. He knew our street name and said he would just be waiting out the front for his cab and was worried we might freak out if we saw him hanging around. He knew the street name and asked for our number. I told him it was on the letter box and that seeing as he asked us questions would he answer some of mine. Told me he had been at a mates place and had decided to walk home, got so far and thought "screw it, I'll call a cab". Reasonable as his stated destination is a good 8 or so kilometers from here. I said I had no objection to him waiting out on the footpath but my Mrs was uncomfortable and a little spooked.

A minute or two later she said he was standing in the middle of our front lawn. I went and had a look out the window just in time to see him take off at full bolt down the road and into a dead end street that leads to a footpath down the linear park thingo. Not seen him since.
No taxi has turned up looking for a fare. Makes me wonder. Just another druggie DH doing some sort of casing job or what? He never got a look into our place and would not have been able to see over our fences or gates.

It's not that I feel threatened by this, just wondering if I am missing something.

I reckon your theory is right, Kahuna. The front yard act and no taxi makes it pretty suss.

Should've asked him where he was going - seems odd to me he would walk 8 kilometers from a mates' place and then work out he needs a taxi.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion