24%
Mitchell Park
7%
OSB/Lonsdale
7%

Total votes : 46

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 am

The Bedge wrote:I think it’s a good signing, and Reeves & Abbott are two very handy inclusions. Makris would’ve always followed, and adds a bit to the midfield.

If Cotter is a player/coach that will give Units a good key forward target, and some handy players delivering to him.

Fenwick & Co have done well on this one.. just need to add a few more players to the depth and have the existing players show a greater level of commitment.

Don't get me wrong i think they have done well to make the team better next year which they needed to do.

Just imo its very risky when you recruit a bloke and he brings the one crop of players that he knows along who have been loyal to another club for a long period.

I hope it works out for CU, some real good blokes there and none better than Fenners who deserve to see success at the club.

Interestingly ive been thinking the northern clubs have been really struggling of late. EP, CU, BL, Smithfield, Elizabeth all div 5 and below. SN finishing bottom in div 2, Salisbury West no team.

On the other hand the northern suburb soccer clubs are flying at the moment.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:39 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I think it’s a good signing, and Reeves & Abbott are two very handy inclusions. Makris would’ve always followed, and adds a bit to the midfield.

If Cotter is a player/coach that will give Units a good key forward target, and some handy players delivering to him.

Fenwick & Co have done well on this one.. just need to add a few more players to the depth and have the existing players show a greater level of commitment.

Don't get me wrong i think they have done well to make the team better next year which they needed to do.

Just imo its very risky when you recruit a bloke and he brings the one crop of players that he knows along who have been loyal to another club for a long period.

I hope it works out for CU, some real good blokes there and none better than Fenners who deserve to see success at the club.

Interestingly ive been thinking the northern clubs have been really struggling of late. EP, CU, BL, Smithfield, Elizabeth all div 5 and below. SN finishing bottom in div 2, Salisbury West no team.

Div 5 and below for the last 20+ years always been filled with Northern Suburbs teams - It’s hardly anything different.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:53 am

Kind of had to laugh as well at the sports trainer announcement. Where does the madness end :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:55 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
whufc wrote:

Div 5 and below for the last 20+ years always been filled with Northern Suburbs teams - It’s hardly anything different.

I think for a while there you had SN and EP in div 1, Smithfield were in div 4, Salisbury maybe 3-4
whufc
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:02 pm

whufc wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:
whufc wrote:

I think for a while there you had SN and EP in div 1, Smithfield were in div 4, Salisbury maybe 3-4

Smithfield were in div 4 for 1 year. Eastern Park went up and down, Salisbury North have traditionally been strong but realistically haven’t won a flag in a very long time (Top 2 divs are tough competition and majority of clubs are going to have a tough time at some stage). Most clubs out North are close to where they were in league positioning 20 years ago.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:23 pm

whufc wrote:I think for a while there you had SN and EP in div 1, Smithfield were in div 4, Salisbury maybe 3-4

I'll give you SN, but EP was 1 and done from memory.. then slipped all the way down to D5 where they remain.

I cant recall too many Northern Clubs playing regularly at D4 or above this millennium.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:25 pm

whufc wrote:Kind of had to laugh as well at the sports trainer announcement. Where does the madness end :lol: :lol:

Good trainers are hard to find.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Burner » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:36 pm

Reeves hasn’t played A grade footy since 2016 and has deleted plenty of beers since then.
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Robran » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:43 pm

Fantastic appointment Cotts is dead set one of the nicest blokes you will meet, and he knows the game inside and out , i think he will be brilliant in his new roll as senior coach, If Abbsy stays there he will tear it up. Makris will add some real bite to the midfield group nice and hard around the contest, the kids will really feed off him. well done units on this selection.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:52 pm

A great move by the Units. despite the naysayers on here the club has started exactly what they needed to do, bring in a new crop of players, long term or not, success builds clubs and without juniors that doesnt get built naturally.
Cotts is a well respected professional, he will bring drive and a be key forward target himself which frees up Tom Hamilton and Frithy to slot into other key positions.
Abbott is a great pickup, he will give that electric pace on the wing that the Units have sorely needed. Big loss to Elizabeth. Lee Makris will give a lot of experience and voice to the midfield.
I would expect a few more to follow over summer.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Wee-man » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:52 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:A great move by the Units. despite the naysayers on here the club has started exactly what they needed to do, bring in a new crop of players, long term or not, success builds clubs and without juniors that doesnt get built naturally.
Cotts is a well respected professional, he will bring drive and a be key forward target himself which frees up Tom Hamilton and Frithy to slot into other key positions.
Abbott is a great pickup, he will give that electric pace on the wing that the Units have sorely needed. Big loss to Elizabeth. Lee Makris will give a lot of experience and voice to the midfield.

Wouldn’t worry about freeing up Tom Hamilton he has gone to Elizabeth.
Wee-man

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:04 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:A great move by the Units. despite the naysayers on here the club has started exactly what they needed to do, bring in a new crop of players, long term or not, success builds clubs and without juniors that doesnt get built naturally.

Sorry if my post sounded too negative.

I agree with everyone that Darryl is a great appointment and I honestly think he can bring them immediate success which the club needs being the lowest ranked side in the entire league.

My only critism which is minor is not recruiting heavily but more so doing it from pretty much one club. From my experience watching clubs both football and cricket is that they are very much left open to a max edous and ive rarely seen that kind of recruiting strategy work for more than a couple of years and in a lot of cases see clubs come out of those years even worse than ever.

The northern clubs have seen lots of these major recruiting coups from rival clubs and the evidence would suggest it hasn't worked out long term for any of them giving that the highest ranked team missed finals in div 5. Maybe my idea of success is different to others.

I wish CU all the best as I do all the northern burb clubs.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:10 pm

PHAARK EN everyone get on the Units Wagon! 8) :supz:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:PHAARK EN everyone get on the Units Wagon! 8) :supz:

You've upset Smitties now removing their avatar. That's like 'toying' a tag :D :D :D :D

If you don't post for a while we might get worried.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:48 pm

whufc wrote:You've upset Smitties now removing their avatar. That's like 'toying' a tag :D :D :D :D .

Lucky they got me out last week before stumps, might've copped some pepper tomorrow. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pag » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I think for a while there you had SN and EP in div 1, Smithfield were in div 4, Salisbury maybe 3-4

I'll give you SN, but EP was 1 and done from memory.. then slipped all the way down to D5 where they remain.

I cant recall too many Northern Clubs playing regularly at D4 or above this millennium.

Salisbury played either D3 or D4 every year from 2003-2018.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Pag wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Salisbury played either D3 or D4 every year from 2003-2018.

No one cares about Salisbury though. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Old_mate21 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:11 pm

I hope everyone took notice of a couple of coaching appointments “made” over the last couple of days. 2/2 xx
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:I hope everyone took notice of a couple of coaching appointments “made” over the last couple of days. 2/2 xx

Absolutely, how good to see Cotter at the Units and Steele reappointed at the Lodge. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Pag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:12 pm

So if Rhys Clinton is semi-motivated, he will be the best player D7 has seen in a very, very long time.
Last edited by Pag on Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League