Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 1334 (not a typo)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 1334 (not a typo)

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:06 am

Brett wrote:What was that about " being up and about" Im sure it was a Glenelg fan. lol All quiet tonight.

And yet they're still clear of your beloved Sturt mate, hard times for you.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby ferret » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:39 am

DOC wrote:Plenty of Covid down at the Bay.

Eagles by 10 goals.

Not a bad prediction.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:54 am

Geez, didn't expect the Eagles to do that to the in-form Bays. Looking very, very strong at the moment.

The ground announcer would've had a field day with the feast of Eagles' goals, I just hope he had his list of nicknames ready.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:15 am

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:When you only kick 1 goal to ten at half time you cant mention umpiring . If its a close game you can but not when you are getting smashed.

The final 4 is far from set .

Of course you can mention umpiring, you just can’t blame them for losing.
Everyone has said the the Eagles totally outplayed us, they were so much better in all areas. Made us look second rate.
But that umpiring today was as biased, inconsistent & embarrassingly one sided as I’ve seen in many, many years.

I watched the telecast last night. There were the usual 50/50 decisions but to call the umpiring inconsistent & embarrassingly smells of sour grapes. The bays were monstered. Even earlier comments on this thread by bay people were saying the Bay were finding themselves second to the ball. There were dumb high tackles even in ruck. So kicks out of bounds untouched. At least in the last 1/4 the Bays tried to run the ball out .You may need to go back and look at the vision.
am Bays wrote:When were kicking into the wind, is there any danger in being in front position?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:52 am

goddy11 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:When you only kick 1 goal to ten at half time you cant mention umpiring . If its a close game you can but not when you are getting smashed.

The final 4 is far from set .

Of course you can mention umpiring, you just can’t blame them for losing.
Everyone has said the the Eagles totally outplayed us, they were so much better in all areas. Made us look second rate.
But that umpiring today was as biased, inconsistent & embarrassingly one sided as I’ve seen in many, many years.

I watched the telecast last night. There were the usual 50/50 decisions but to call the umpiring inconsistent & embarrassingly smells of sour grapes. The bays were monstered. Even earlier comments on this thread by bay people were saying the Bay were finding themselves second to the ball. There were dumb high tackles even in ruck. So kicks out of bounds untouched. At least in the last 1/4 the Bays tried to run the ball out .You may need to go back and look at the vision.
am Bays wrote:When were kicking into the wind, is there any danger in being in front position?

All I could hear at the ground from Bays fans was BALL even if the eagles player didn’t have the ball.
I think rather than blame the umpires why couldn’t Glenelg kick more than 1.1 with a 4 to 5 goal wind then kick another goal in the third with a 6 goal wind .
Mind you the eagles could kick goals with the wind and into the wind in the first .

What everyone is missing in the fourth the eagles had I think one injured player and rested three players .
So with no rotations off the bench kicked 6 goals in the fourth

Now how did the umpires hurt Glenelg ?
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:38 am

MJP1993 wrote:All I could hear at the ground from Bays fans was BALL even if the eagles player didn’t have the ball.

You hybrid fans just don't get irony, do ya?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby ferret » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Pseudo wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:All I could hear at the ground from Bays fans was BALL even if the eagles player didn’t have the ball.

And the "insolvents" didn't get the ball.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:07 pm

Pseudo wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:All I could hear at the ground from Bays fans was BAL[list=][/list]L even if the eagles player didn’t have the ball.

I may not but I know A side playing like shit when I see it .
Seen it enough

Ironic isn’t it oh wait that’s a great song
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby Spargo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:25 pm

goddy11 wrote:Of course you can mention umpiring, you just can’t blame them for losing.

I watched the telecast last night. There were the usual 50/50 decisions but to call the umpiring inconsistent & embarrassingly smells of sour grapes. The bays were monstered. Even earlier comments on this thread by bay people were saying the Bay were finding themselves second to the ball. There were dumb high tackles even in ruck. So kicks out of bounds untouched. At least in the last 1/4 the Bays tried to run the ball out .You may need to go back and look at the vision.[/quote]

I usually have time for your posts, but you’ve missed the point here.
Every post from Glenelg supporters has lauded the Eagles dominance. Go back & have look, and it was posted before any comments on the umpiring.
It’s not sour grapes commenting on the terrible standard of the umpiring when you’ve already admitted being outclassed by the opposition & also stating the umpiring has no impact on the result. If you’ve gone back & watched the game again & didn’t think you had a good ride, then I question your look at the game.
We had 3 Eagles supporters in front of us, one who turned around late in the 2nd qtr & said “we haven’t had a run from the umps like this in years”.
It’s all relevant.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby StrayDog » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:All I could hear at the ground from Bays fans was BAL[list=][/list]L even if the eagles player didn’t have the ball.

I may not but I know A side playing like shit when I see it .
Seen it enough

Ironic isn’t it oh wait that’s a great song

A song full of situations that have far call to do with irony so, no, it isn't. Just sayin'.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby topshelf » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:59 pm

The umpiring was very average yesterday. The holding the ball or caught high decisions paid one way and not the other in the first half was noticeable but when you get totally smashed all over the ground, i couldn't really give a stuff about the umpiring, more the lack of hunger and desire for the contest from my team that is the problem. Not sure why you Eagles fans are saying it's sour grapes as Spargo has pointed out. Nobody is saying you didn't deserve the huge win you had. The Eagles are a very impressive side. Well done!
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby StrayDog » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:06 pm

Spargo wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Of course you can mention umpiring, you just can’t blame them for losing.

Every post from Glenelg supporters has lauded the Eagles dominance. Go back & have look, and it was posted before any comments on the umpiring.
It’s not sour grapes commenting on the terrible standard of the umpiring when you’ve already admitted being outclassed by the opposition & also stating the umpiring has no impact on the result. If you’ve gone back & watched the game again & didn’t think you had a good ride, then I question your look at the game.
We had 3 Eagles supporters in front of us, one who turned around late in the 2nd qtr & said “we haven’t had a run from the umps like this in years”.
It’s all relevant.

Personally, I'd would have been curious about just how many years they had in mind.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Mic » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:27 pm

Spargo wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Of course you can mention umpiring, you just can’t blame them for losing.

It’s all relevant.[/quote]

Obviously their first game in years.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby wedgetail » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:41 pm

Our on-ball division were awesome today and set the game up. Sinor, Foote, Lonergan Poole and Toumpas gave us first look and we capitalised. Our work off the ball is very disciplined and didn't allow Glenelg any openings. Our fitness is first class as we ran out the game well and increased our lead in the second half. Thought Bays were reactive for most of the game and didn't show the fierce desire they had last year. Double chance locked up, would have well and truly taken that at the start of the year!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Spargo wrote:

It’s all relevant.[/quote]

Your follow up explanation is better than your original point. I read your statement "umpiring today was as biased, inconsistent & embarrassingly one sided as I’ve seen in many, many years." To me it seemed to take away from our win. I wasn't at the game and watched it on C7 so my perspective may have been different to actually being there. We seemed to get the bulk of the frees but I don't recall many howlers. The commentary did not seem lo suggest an imbalance of frees one way or another. Glenelg did lay a lot of tackles that were allowed play on.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:07 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

It’s all relevant.

Your follow up explanation is better than your original point. I read your statement "umpiring today was as biased, inconsistent & embarrassingly one sided as I’ve seen in many, many years." To me it seemed to take away from our win. I wasn't at the game and watched it on C7 so my perspective may have been different to actually being there. We seemed to get the bulk of the frees but I don't recall many howlers. The commentary did not seem lo suggest an imbalance of frees one way or another. Glenelg did lay a lot of tackles that were allowed play on.[/quote]

I’ll be honest here I have complained about umpires for a couple of years !
Particularly a certain bald umpire .
Saturday a bald umpire stopped another umpire who did not pay the eagles player Rowe I believe a free kick for a head high tackle.
So I was in shock that hat umpire paid a free to the eagles .
And that eagles fan is correct the eagles have had a bad run from the umpires the last 2 to 3 years .
Now you and I and Goddy can talk about the umpires for hours .

End result Glenelg were really bad and not switched on to play footy in three grades against the eagles last round
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby goddy11 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:47 pm

I don't go to the games to watch umpires and I usually if ever don't comment. I know of the Bald umpire you refer to.
We have some friends ,Eagles fans of 40 odd years. We don't stand within 100 meters of where they stand. From the first bounce to the final siren they whinge continually about the umps. If I need to go to a game to comment on the umps I will give the game up.
ps. Only umpire I did not like was Mr Olsen in 2018. I put that in for the NA people. :( He really "cocked " that decision up.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby am Bays » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:58 pm

What’s worse than the performance of the Glenelg FC and the umpiring last Saturday? The Eagles fans’ use of the quote function on this Site....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:04 pm

am Bays wrote:What’s worse than the performance of the Glenelg FC and the umpiring last Saturday? The Eagles fans’ use of the quote function on this Site....

I guess Glenelg fans have something else to moan about then lmao
1 $5’000 fine
2 bad umpires
3 Glenelg playing rubbish football over 3 grades
4 Eagles fans quoting them

Poor Glenelg fans poor poor fans
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby Spargo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:58 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
am Bays wrote:What’s worse than the performance of the Glenelg FC and the umpiring last Saturday? The Eagles fans’ use of the quote function on this Site....

I guess Glenelg fans have something else to moan about then lmao
1 $5’000 fine
2 bad umpires
3 Glenelg playing rubbish football over 3 grades
4 Eagles fans quoting them

Poor Glenelg fans poor poor fans

:lol: Don’t take things so seriously, pal. That chip might slide from your shoulder down your arm & you’ll have trouble posting...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL