No votes
SHOC
No votes
Tea Tree Gully
30%

Total votes : 30

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Postby The Hound » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Have Glenunga lost a lot of players?, money dried up? or just a big gap between div 3 and div 2?
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:31 pm

The Hound wrote:Have Glenunga lost a lot of players?, money dried up? or just a big gap between div 3 and div 2?

It's funny, 5-10 years ago it was one of the smaller gaps with two or three clubs managing to go straight from D3 to D1 but in the last five years that trend has dropped right off.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Should add between particularly the current top six clubs you've got some extremely historically strong clubs among them at the moment. Plenty of recent D1 success between TTG, Henley, SHOC, Broadview etc.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:00 pm

The Hound wrote:Have Glenunga lost a lot of players?, money dried up? or just a big gap between div 3 and div 2?

Not that much of a gap i dont think yet s pointed out there are some pretty good sides in Div 2 currently.

Henley and TTG are the bench marks obviously so far this season, i was hoping for Glenunga to perform alot better as know quite a few from there.

I'm sure they will be better for the limited season and be alot stronger and more competative in 2021
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Barracker1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:48 pm

find this quite laughable because you clearly didnt read by big post a page back

If you hadn't posted that at 8.47am, I'd insist you were on the gas and find your response a bit rich from someone with 64 posts to their name,

You've pretty much come into this forum, without any regard for the rules, or of the integrity of the league to put across your own agenda so your posts were removed - and then blamed this site for not letting you peddle your bullshit. You were sent several PM's advising that there was a way and means by putting your point across without being inflammatory and you all but ignored them.

I have no affiliation with either club and therefore have no reason to be bias.

If in fact you do represent Scotch OC - the way you've whinged and carried on with your comments on this site make you nothing but an embarrassment to your club and the fact that you imply that the admin of this forum are the reason that your club failed to administer "justice" instead of the fact that none of you could get your stories straight is even funnier because I know Scotch people are generally a lot smarter than that.

Here's a tip - it's not an open forum in the sense that anything goes. There are rules to abide by and those that don't follow the rules, have their posts removed. Quite simple. Nothing to be discussed before tribunal, after tribunal (or unless media gets hold) then it's out of our hands.

Therefore, if you EVER use this forum carry on like you have have now because you WILL lose the PRIVILEGE of being able to post on the forum that you pay NOTHING to use and that is solely paid for and administrated by VOLUNTEERS

Or I can shut the whole Adelaide Footy League forum down and then where are you going to implement your apparent right to free speech, eh?

This debarcle has only prompted me to seek full disclosure from all people wanting to post on this forum so we know who to direct the legal threats to when they start flowing in. I can guarantee you wouldn't dare write the same thing again under your own name.

Bloody keyboard warriors :roll:

Quite a rant FC but why have you failed to mention the private message you sent to me and I responded to actually giving you my name as I have no reason to hide behind a pseudonym. I dont believed I've whinged for one second simply stated my case as any passionate supporter would do and if you agree with me or not has very little if any bearing on me. The vehemence and threat in your response is extremely unwarranted and if you believe I have overstepped the "privilege" of using this site then let me just say that I wont be posting again because if this is how administrators conduct themselves Forget it See ya.
Barracker1

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby locky801 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:04 pm

Barracker1 wrote:find this quite laughable because you clearly didnt read by big post a page back

If you hadn't posted that at 8.47am, I'd insist you were on the gas and find your response a bit rich from someone with 64 posts to their name,

You've pretty much come into this forum, without any regard for the rules, or of the integrity of the league to put across your own agenda so your posts were removed - and then blamed this site for not letting you peddle your bullshit. You were sent several PM's advising that there was a way and means by putting your point across without being inflammatory and you all but ignored them.

If in fact you do represent Scotch OC - the way you've whinged and carried on with your comments on this site make you nothing but an embarrassment to your club and the fact that you imply that the admin of this forum are the reason that your club failed to administer "justice" instead of the fact that none of you could get your stories straight is even funnier because I know Scotch people are generally a lot smarter than that.

Here's a tip - it's not an open forum in the sense that anything goes. There are rules to abide by and those that don't follow the rules, have their posts removed. Quite simple. Nothing to be discussed before tribunal, after tribunal (or unless media gets hold) then it's out of our hands.

Therefore, if you EVER use this forum carry on like you have have now because you WILL lose the PRIVILEGE of being able to post on the forum that you pay NOTHING to use and that is solely paid for and administrated by VOLUNTEERS

Or I can shut the whole Adelaide Footy League forum down and then where are you going to implement your apparent right to free speech, eh?

This debarcle has only prompted me to seek full disclosure from all people wanting to post on this forum so we know who to direct the legal threats to when they start flowing in. I can guarantee you wouldn't dare write the same thing again under your own name.

Quite a rant FC but why have you failed to mention the private message you sent to me and I responded to actually giving you my name as I have no reason to hide behind a pseudonym. I dont believed I've whinged for one second simply stated my case as any passionate supporter would do and if you agree with me or not has very little if any bearing on me. The vehemence and threat in your response is extremely unwarranted and if you believe I have overstepped the "privilege" of using this site then let me just say that I wont be posting again because if this is how administrators conduct themselves Forget it See ya.

bye :roll:
locky801
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:18 am

Barracker1 wrote:find this quite laughable because you clearly didnt read by big post a page back

I have seen a few Facebook about this and a statement from broadview, so I came in here to have a read and the first thing that comes to mind is mate.....reckon you can make use of the quote button? Like this?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:48 pm

TTG 13.21 d Old Scotch 3.11 .... Scotch kicked the first goal of the game and the last two. In between, it was all Gullies. They sew up top spot and get the next two weeks off. I'm not sure that's a good thing having 3 weeks between games, but at least they should get everyone available.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:22 pm

Looking at the scoreline was it a bit windy down a the picket fence ground???
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:30 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Looking at the scoreline was it a bit windy down a the picket fence ground???

Yes, it was very windy.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Couple of massive games in Div 2 this Saturday. Gullies have wrapped up top spot, but all other positions in the four are up for grabs. Henley v Broadview and SHOC v PHOS Camden are big games. One of SHOC, Broadview or PHOS Camden will not play finals because I'm confident Old Ignations will beat Glenunga comfortably. Old Ignations have been the surprise packet after coming up from Div 3. They lost their first two games, but since then have won five out of 6 and should account for the winless Glenunga easily and sneak into fourth or fifth position.
My prediction is Henley to pip Broadview and SHOC to beat PHOS Camden, which means the five would be ....
TTG
Henley
SHOC
Old Ignations
Broadview
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:09 pm

Write the Tigers off at your peril!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:01 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Write the Tigers off at your peril!!!!

Saw abit of their game last week. Very impressive. Moved the footy very well. Their pace with the footy was a highlight. In saying that Salisbury North very disappointing. 10 goal first quarter would’ve killed anyone’s enthusiasm and want to be out there!!! Their B Grade were very ordinary. Basically Broadview were playing witches hats
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:52 pm

I don't think anyone is writing them off. Just think Henley might just get up with the home ground advantage on Saturday. Should be a cracking contest.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby locky801 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

I don't think anyone is writing them off. Just think Henley might just get up with the home ground advantage on Saturday. Should be a cracking contest.

Hoping for as decent day weather wise and scoreboard wise ;)
locky801
Coach

Postby ohwhenthesaints » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:47 pm

Good luck to Broadies, plenty of young talent, would be ideal for them to get some finals experience this year to have a big tilt next year.
ohwhenthesaints
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby locky801 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:37 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:My prediction is Henley to pip Broadview and SHOC to beat PHOS Camden, which means the five would be ....
TTG
Henley
SHOC
Old Ignations
Broadview

well you got that right, interesting scoreline in the Old Iggies/ Glenunga game, i will leave it at that, think however it will be out of the top 3 to fight it out but with finals anything can happen
locky801
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:03 pm

Interesting finish in the Div2R
Attachments
ADC1BFFC-9CB5-4A56-9D16-C6E83BA8091B.jpeg
ADC1BFFC-9CB5-4A56-9D16-C6E83BA8091B.jpeg (41.13 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby DOC » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:26 pm

Amazing. Took me a while to get it.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2084 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:33 pm

locky801 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:My prediction is Henley to pip Broadview and SHOC to beat PHOS Camden, which means the five would be ....
TTG
Henley
SHOC
Old Ignations
Broadview

well you got that right, interesting scoreline in the Old Iggies/ Glenunga game, i will leave it at that, think however it will be out of the top 3 to fight it out but with finals anything can happen

Not sure what you are getting at re Old Iggies match?? Percentage did not matter as they were going to finish 4th anyway and get the home final, playing a team who had not won all year and had about 25 injured players who could not be picked! Weird comment :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League