Netflix

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Netflix

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:23 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:Yeah, I'm really keen to watch it too, and I can't stand basketball. I'm also of a similar vintage to Booney, and can't not think of the 90s without Michael Jordan (I did have a pair of his shoes, though), so there's a slight nostalgia factor there as well. The doco seems to be more about the dynamics and tensions of the team environment, which appears to be what gives it such broad appeal.

I had 4's, 5's, 6's and 7's, a Bulls bomber jacket, a Pippen singlet and a full Flight tracksuit. Should have kept the clothes.

Sheesh! Where can we hear your rap album?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:39 pm

LMA wrote:
Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:Yeah, I'm really keen to watch it too, and I can't stand basketball. I'm also of a similar vintage to Booney, and can't not think of the 90s without Michael Jordan (I did have a pair of his shoes, though), so there's a slight nostalgia factor there as well. The doco seems to be more about the dynamics and tensions of the team environment, which appears to be what gives it such broad appeal.

I had 4's, 5's, 6's and 7's, a Bulls bomber jacket, a Pippen singlet and a full Flight tracksuit. Should have kept the clothes.

Sheesh! Where can we hear your rap album?

Ask and ye shall receive.

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 am

:lol:

I actually think you'd like my karaoke version of Young MC's Bust a Move more than you would Patience. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:33 am

Booney wrote:I actually think you'd like my karaoke version of Young MC's Bust a Move

Any excuse to hear someone rap the word 'Poindexter' is a good one.

Booney wrote:more than you would Patience. :D

Indeed, unless you're talking about the Guns 'n Roses 'Patience', whereby I would be very keen to hear your whistling chops.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:42 am

David Brent wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Just finished Sunderland til i die, took a few eps to get into it but then really enjoyed it, love seeing how organisations like they work behind the scenes and also the passion for their town/team.

x2 It's a great show.

The English do their passion for sport so much better than us. I love they way they still love their club despite having dropped two divisions of top flight footy.

Yeah couldnt agree more.

I think the big difference in english football is that 99% of clubs were formed by the people for a certain group of people eg the club i support West Ham were originally Thames Ironworks with only ship builders allowed to play in the side. My great great grandfather was a ship builder in east london so there was only one club you could support...it wasnt a choice! Slightly changing in recent times but being a supporter of an english club you simply dont get a choice, you support your local club...it's that or nothing.

You dont get to pick Adelaide or Port, you dont get to pick Tigers because they have a cool nickname it simply doesnt work like that in England. (the nickname thing has never really taken off in english football like it has here in Australian sports)

You look at the AFL and lets be honest Adelaide, West Coast, Fremantle, GSW, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney were all born in board rooms and either loosely associate with their region or generically associate eg Adelaide- apart from playing at AO in recent years nothing about them is 'Adelaide' based.

Probably also helps that clubs can move through any tier so you only have 1 club, i dont have a premier league, championship club (eg SANFL level), non football club (eg Amature) so when West Ham get relegated there still my only team.

Probably explains why ive never been able to follow an AFL team. Centrals is my team, i grew up in Elizabeth to a british working class family. They are the team im born into, the only team i support.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:33 pm

After Life Series 2

Binged it yesterday morning after a big Saturday / Saturday night, loved it. Ricky Gervais is a genius.

One highlight - An old lady. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:49 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Magellan wrote:Anyone had a look at the Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls doco that just started to come out?

Yep. Loving it and I'm not a huge basketball fan.

Watched the first four episodes so far, and its a brilliant documentary. Always knew he was great, but it’s given me a better appreciation of Jordan’s freakish athletic ability, and his unshakeable drive for excellence. Also made me wonder how such an athlete would’ve performed on a footy field.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Dissident » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:07 am

Booney wrote:After Life Series 2

Binged it yesterday morning after a big Saturday / Saturday night, loved it. Ricky Gervais is a genius.

One highlight - An old lady. :lol:

I cried more than once and less than 100 times
I love 'Food and Stuff'. It's where I buy all of my food. And most of my stuff.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:58 pm

Booney wrote::lol:

I actually think you'd like my karaoke version of Young MC's Bust a Move more than you would Patience. :D

Now you're talking, one of my signature lyrical odes.

Ice Ice Baby WILL be played at my funeral.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:46 pm

David Brent wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Just finished Sunderland til i die, took a few eps to get into it but then really enjoyed it, love seeing how organisations like they work behind the scenes and also the passion for their town/team.

x2 It's a great show.

The English do their passion for sport so much better than us. I love they way they still love their club despite having dropped two divisions of top flight footy.

Yep, into 2nd season, really enjoyijng it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:08 pm

Magellan wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Magellan wrote:Anyone had a look at the Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls doco that just started to come out?

Yep. Loving it and I'm not a huge basketball fan.

Watched the first four episodes so far, and its a brilliant documentary. Always knew he was great, but it’s given me a better appreciation of Jordan’s freakish athletic ability, and his unshakeable drive for excellence. Also made me wonder how such an athlete would’ve performed on a footy field.

I started watching it earlier and I'm right into it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:
David Brent wrote:

x2 It's a great show.

Yep, into 2nd season, really enjoyijng it.

About to start watching it.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:04 am

Watched Ep 2 of The Last Dance last night, well deserved plaudits for Pippen, he's the Stuart MacGill of the NBA, in any other era may have just been the greatest to play at the time.

And what a man, when he had the $18m 7 year offer he knew that would be enough to take care of his loved ones and that was more important to him than flashy cars and houses and as he said, "My day will come". An exemplary human.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:14 am

Three episodes into The Staircase. Not a bad doco about an American writer who was charged with murdering his wife
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:55 pm

started the second season of Afterlife... Such a good show... 3 eps in.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Spangas » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Booney wrote:Watched Ep 2 of The Last Dance last night, well deserved plaudits for Pippen, he's the Stuart MacGill of the NBA, in any other era may have just been the greatest to play at the time.

And what a man, when he had the $18m 7 year offer he knew that would be enough to take care of his loved ones and that was more important to him than flashy cars and houses and as he said, "My day will come". An exemplary human.

Yes, I rate Pippen. I don't rate publicly disrespected the GM though (regardless of how much a cock he was/is).
I also rate the Bulls owner telling him not to sign the deal as it was bad for Pippen.

Pippen finished his career with salary earnings of $109.9 million, while Jordan finished with $89.7 million.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:05 am

woodublieve12 wrote:started the second season of Afterlife... Such a good show... 3 eps in.

finished this last night... So good. Ricky Gervais best work imo
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby LMA » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:08 am

Finished Ozark S3 last night, another good season. Started After Life S2, the therapist is crook :lol:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:52 am

LMA wrote:Finished Ozark S3 last night, another good season. Started After Life S2, the therapist is crook :lol:

The old boiler turning 100? :lol:

My boss, from the UK reckons he had a mate who was exactly like the therapist. "Woke up covered in kebab and fanny juice and don't know how" :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:34 am

A bit late to the party but finished watching both seasons of Sunderland til i die.

Maybe didnt get into it as much as others as i already knew the story eg Sunderland getting relegated and not getting promotion, managers leaving so it lost a fair bit of tension for me.

Was an interesting watch though and i couldnt help but feel for the new owner Stuart Donald who i believe had the best intentions, is a genuine football fan owning a club and was genuinely having to get them out of some piss poor management previously.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment