AFL 2020 Season

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2020 Season

by Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:21 am

Corona Man wrote:Sounds like the idea of quarantine hubs is becoming more likely.

Perth, Adelaide & Tassie (Launceston) would be my guess.

Potentially it could look something like this.

Perth - West Coast, Freo, Brisbane, GWS, Carlton, Essendon

Adelaide - Port, Crows, Melbourne, Sydney, Collingwood, Gold Coast

Tassie - Richmond, Hawthorn, St. Kilda, Geelong, Western Bulldogs, North Melb.

Thoughts?

Will the games be played at AFL venues or community grounds?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

by Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:21 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Sounds like the idea of quarantine hubs is becoming more likely.

Perth, Adelaide & Tassie (Launceston) would be my guess.

Potentially it could look something like this.

Perth - West Coast, Freo, Brisbane, GWS, Carlton, Essendon

Adelaide - Port, Crows, Melbourne, Sydney, Collingwood, Gold Coast

Tassie - Richmond, Hawthorn, St. Kilda, Geelong, Western Bulldogs, North Melb.

Thoughts?

If theyve already played each other they wont be in the same hub, ie Port and Gold Coast

Shoosh!!!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:22 am

DOC wrote:Why does the AFL and the NRL for that matter think they will be or should be exempt from travel restrictions and social distancing that we all are required to abide by?

Any premier that relaxes the restrictions without making it available for everyone will be voted out and I think they know that and will not allow it.

Still some hurdles to overcome with that yet mate, I can't see them being exempt.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Dutchy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:23 am

DOC wrote:Why does the AFL and the NRL for that matter think they will be or should be exempt from travel restrictions and social distancing that we all are required to abide by?

Any premier that relaxes the restrictions without making it available for everyone will be voted out and I think they know that and will not allow it.

If Kane Cornes was allowed to return home cause he media is considered essential then I don't think footballers are going to be an issue
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

by Booney » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Still some hurdles to overcome with that yet mate, I can't see them being exempt.

Travel restrictions are going to be one of the last things lifted, we'll have a beer in a pub before we can get on a plane.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

by Jim05 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:28 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Travel restrictions are going to be one of the last things lifted, we'll have a beer in a pub before we can get on a plane.
Still hearing domestic travel to start opening up on July 1st
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

by Magellan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:42 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Still hearing domestic travel to start opening up on July 1st

They serve beer on planes, maybe it'll be the only way you can nudge a few outside of home.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

by Booney » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:53 am

Jim05 wrote:Still hearing domestic travel to start opening up on July 1st

I'd say so and given we're 1 week into Morrison's 4 week period of review I think we'll be having a beer in a pub by the end of May.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by Trader » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:55 am

They don't have to lift the restrictions to get the hubs going.

They players are told where to go, they go there, sit for 14 days and then games start thereafter.

I suspect they'll also be allowed to "quarantine together' so they can spend that 14 days training and getting back up to "match fitness" before the games start.

Finally, don't forget now that tests are readily available, and results are turned around within a matter of hours, you'd expect they'll all get tested before and after their trips and throughout the period they are in camp together to help identify any flare ups as quickly as possible.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

by Booney » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:56 am

Trader wrote:

They don't have to lift the restrictions to get the hubs going.

Yes they do, unless the governments consider the travel essential you aren't crossing any borders at the moment.

You think they'll call AFL/NRL essential travel? I don't.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by tigerpie » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

When the pubs and community clubs open it will mayhem.
I'm sure there'll be number restrictions so the desperates will be camping on the front door the night before.
Good luck wedgie its gonna be like boxing day sales lol
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

by MW » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:14 pm

I wonder what the impact to pubs and clubs will be long term. I dare say there will be a % that realise their wasting $9-$10 on a pint vs $2 - $2.50 on an echo at home.
Last edited by MW on Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

by Spargo » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:17 pm

MW wrote:I wonder what the impact to pubs and clubs will be long term. I dare say there will be a % that realise their wasting $9-$10 on a pint vs $@ - $2.50 on a echo at home.

“Echo” =D>
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by MW » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:22 pm

Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:I wonder what the impact to pubs and clubs will be long term. I dare say there will be a % that realise their wasting $9-$10 on a pint vs $@ - $2.50 on a echo at home.

“Echo” =D>

Ironically I dont think I was ever old enough to drink them when they were called Echos :lol:
MW
Coach

by Booney » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:22 pm

MW wrote:I wonder what the impact to pubs and clubs will be long term. I dare say there will be a % that realise their wasting $9-$10 on a pint vs $2 - $2.50 on an echo at home.

I guess you have to weigh up the value of peace and f*cking quiet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by Spangas » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:I wonder what the impact to pubs and clubs will be long term. I dare say there will be a % that realise their wasting $9-$10 on a pint vs $2 - $2.50 on an echo at home.

Where...at the pub or home??? :lol:
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

by MW » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Booney wrote:

:lol: agree
I have a foot in each camp. Don't mind the odd outing with the lads for a pint and parmy regardless of cost.
MW
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I hope you're right.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Jim05 wrote:Still hearing domestic travel to start opening up on July 1st

That would be a huge mistake IMO.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:

If Kane Cornes was allowed to return home cause he media is considered essential then I don't think footballers are going to be an issue

People are allowed to return home from interstate, they just have to self isolate for two weeks when they do, which Kane is doing, players wont be able to though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL