looks like Warners scores going into and during the ashes
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby JK » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Spangas wrote:
JK wrote:Missus just got the news her hours and thus pay are being reduced - Anyone know if she's able to claim a partial amount through one of the government stimulus measures, or is she better to see if they'll sack her?

Sorry to hear that mate. Look up the 'JobKeeper Payment'. https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/f ... yees_0.pdf
The Government is giving employers $1500 per fortnight to pass on in full to their employees (up to 6 months). If she's currently earning more than that it's up to the employer to 'top-up' her pay or not. That's if her employer registers for the package as well. If she's sacked she may be entitled to the 'JobSeeker' $1100 per fortnight.

As far as other benefits go it depends on household income. My hours are more than likely going to be reduced (we're a single income family of 4), and I know I earn 'too much' (just under 50K after tax) to be able to claim any other benefit apart from Family Tax A & B (2 kids under 6).
Certainly is a shitty year!

Thanks heaps mate, really appreciate all of that. Looks like we’ll just have to amend the budget for a while. Good thing I guess that she has a full time gig when the gloom lifts. Well at this stage at least.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:08 pm

scottroo wrote:People don’t really understand stay at home unless it’s essential...Blackwood is absolutely packed right now. Families all out shopping, people packing bakeries, kids hanging outside hungry jacks...absolute idiots

Wouldn't be happening if the kids were still at school, teachers won that battle.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:10 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Definitely, they claim they have mortgage payments so no cancellations. SA people so they don’t think they should be cancelling however they refunded an interstate booking

Then they should be deferring their mortgage payments, if they are using that excuse its just a greedy cash grab

But that's just it, its a deferral so still has to be paid pack. That's what the landlords are saying.

Could the banks cancel payments fully and take the hit?

All that happens is if their loan has 20 years to go, the loan will get extended to 20 years and 6 months. So effectively the banks are cancelling repayments for 6 months.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Definitely, they claim they have mortgage payments so no cancellations. SA people so they don’t think they should be cancelling however they refunded an interstate booking

Then they should be deferring their mortgage payments, if they are using that excuse its just a greedy cash grab

But that's just it, its a deferral so still has to be paid pack. That's what the landlords are saying.

Could the banks cancel payments fully and take the hit?

Wont they get stung big time for positive gearing if they accept rent but get their mortgage's frozen for 6 months?

No as they will still be charged interest, even on a deferred basis, interest is what they claim on their ATO return
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby JK » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:12 pm

Q. wrote:Oh dear :shock:

Border Force allowed Ruby Princess to dock

An Australian Border Force officer instructed a Sydney harbour master to allow the troubled Ruby Princess to dock despite as many as 140 passengers in isolation on board, official sources said.

Sources with knowledge of official inquiries into the debacle revealed a conversation took place with the Port Authority of NSW employee and a female Border Force officer in the hours before the ship was due to dock.

Would have thought the biggest issue was not allowing them to dock, but moreso not testing and quarantining where necessary.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:38 pm

JK wrote:
Q. wrote:Oh dear :shock:

Border Force allowed Ruby Princess to dock

An Australian Border Force officer instructed a Sydney harbour master to allow the troubled Ruby Princess to dock despite as many as 140 passengers in isolation on board, official sources said.

Sources with knowledge of official inquiries into the debacle revealed a conversation took place with the Port Authority of NSW employee and a female Border Force officer in the hours before the ship was due to dock.

Would have thought the biggest issue was not allowing them to dock, but moreso not testing and quarantining where necessary.

Exactly. Every person has a right to healthcare, if they're stuck out at sea and take a turn for the worst you may as well sign their death certificate.

They all should of been put into guarded quarantine for 2 weeks.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Pag » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:
scottroo wrote:People don’t really understand stay at home unless it’s essential...Blackwood is absolutely packed right now. Families all out shopping, people packing bakeries, kids hanging outside hungry jacks...absolute idiots

Wouldn't be happening if the kids were still at school, teachers won that battle.

Won what battle? As far as I was aware, schools haven’t been shut by the federal or state governments. Teachers have been given four days to try to learn, organise and start a whole new era of education, before schools will reopen again.

School attendance was down to 20% in some places last week, due to parents making the decision to keep kids home, not teachers. Hardly the fault of teachers that some parents either a) refuse to put boundaries in place for their kids or b) have no common sense.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:28 pm

Pag wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Won what battle? As far as I was aware, schools haven’t been shut by the federal or state governments. Teachers have been given four days to try to learn, organise and start a whole new era of education, before schools will reopen again.

School attendance was down to 20% in some places last week, due to parents making the decision to keep kids home, not teachers. Hardly the fault of teachers that some parents either a) refuse to put boundaries in place for their kids or b) have no common sense.

Well said mate. Doing a good job, I've been impressed by the communication of assignments on Daymap and personal emails to me from teachers at my lads High School whilst still delivering the curriculum to the few that are still going.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:07 am

76 year old male from regional SA passed away in the RAH overnight bringing the SA death total to 3.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:18 am

LMA wrote:
Pag wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Well said mate. Doing a good job, I've been impressed by the communication of assignments on Daymap and personal emails to me from teachers at my lads High School whilst still delivering the curriculum to the few that are still going.

Yeah I’ve been more than happy with the communications from my kids school.
During the ‘normal’ year it isn’t always great but around this Covid19 issue it’s been great.
Clear and concise where it can be.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:26 am

Dutchy wrote:

Not sure teachers could lay claim to having a win in any of this.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:28 am

Dutchy wrote:

couldn't disagree with this much more than i already do... Teachers have been amazing through this...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:36 am

Someone thinking ahead

“ Wimbledon reportedly paid $2 million a year for pandemic insurance for the last 17 years

(Total: $34 Million)

For this year's cancellation as a result of the Coronavirus, Wimbledon will reportedly receive $141 million from the policy.”
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:07 am

She's good for respecting privacy this one.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:13 am

No where did I say teachers aren't doing a great job, but it is undeniable they pushed the government to the point where they agreed to close this week.

Despite low attendence rates prior to this week you didn't see kids everywhere as the parents who kept them home made sure they did exactly that.

This week is considered by the kids as an additional week of holidays so are out and about everywhere.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby football tragic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:21 am

Herd immunity imminent in SA starting first week May and then trickle feeding sport etc.
First week June big possibility amateur football recommencing.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby heater31 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:26 am

football tragic wrote:Herd immunity imminent in SA starting first week May and then trickle feeding sport etc.
We are ******* miles off herd immunity!

Be lucky to get anything back at the end if this month. It will be reviewed but I doubt much will change
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:31 am

football tragic wrote:Herd immunity imminent in SA starting first week May and then trickle feeding sport etc.

I’d like to know your sources on the local footy one. My sources aren’t as optimistic.

All of this is best case scenario stuff. All it takes is one set back (That can happen a week or 2 from this weekend) and it puts things back to the drawing board. I personally can’t see this happening. Last week the Government medical Authorities said the peak of infected people will be in 2 weeks. We’re saying 6 weeks later we’re going to play local footy again and throw social distancing out the window? Turn it up.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 am

I heard last night that the NRL (and possibly the AFL) are exploring resuming their seasons in May.

NRL are planning on having the comp split into two conferences essentially - half the clubs will be based and play out of Penrith leagues club and the other half out of Olympic Park
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion