PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: R2 North V West Sunday 1310

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:17 pm

I don't think too many people would be surprised as to how West can go on such a downward spiral from putting together a premiership side to where they are now. It's a shame, lot of passionate Bloods fans out there who I have a lot of time for.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:I don't think too many people would be surprised as to how West can go on such a downward spiral from putting together a premiership side to where they are now. It's a shame, lot of passionate Bloods fans out there who I have a lot of time for.

I'm more surprised how they managed to put together a premiership!

Good on them though, lots of long suffering Westies fans and many of them mates of mine deserved a break from the same old same old they suffered for many years.

Wonder whether it's time for some new blood, not sure where they're coming from or how they'll attract them though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tkr » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Booney wrote:So it's a race to see who can find out.

On your marks, get set, go. ;)

I saw what you did there!
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I don't think too many people would be surprised as to how West can go on such a downward spiral from putting together a premiership side to where they are now. It's a shame, lot of passionate Bloods fans out there who I have a lot of time for.

Good on them though, lots of long suffering Westies fans and many of them mates of mine deserved a break from the same old same old they suffered for many years.

Wonder whether it's time for some new blood, not sure where they're coming from or how they'll attract them though.

Are you channelling @Magellan? ;)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby oldfella » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:05 pm

bundybloods wrote:I find it interesting that the President of the WAFC tells us we paid o profit but then we are told we have no money to recruit.Who is telling porky pies.I think heads need to roll from the top down to the Footy manager who should stick to doing what he is getting good money for.

Firstly, letting your personal feelings about individuals cloud your judgement is poor form or has the latest banning from another site caused you rage bundy ---

Whilst you have been made aware of the acurate facts in reference to salary cap shortfall before try and read the following carefully as it will answer your question

1. Profit or not has absolutely nothing to do with salary cap! --- two totally separate matters that do not relate to each other ---- salary cap is set by sanfl which all the money in the bank does not change

2. Amount is set by salary cap which in westies case has been reduced below that available to most other teams with (as you have been previously advised) most was used in getting recruiting former players coming back from afl

Facts are facts --- emotional outbursts are not facts
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby oldfella » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Booney wrote:

Booney, i think if you speak to most honest westies supporter the 2015 squad had a fair bit of experienced quality talent that is now gone (just some that come to mind scmidt, tuck, hartlet, caire, willetts and several others all quality players at sanfl level) also eagles were desperately unluck in that they had 3 key injuries replaced with about 20 gqmes experience whist westies also had 3 injuries hut were replaced by over 300 games experience --- clearly we were the second team that year but lucky with players avaliable on the big day.

Your comment reference new blood is spot on given the retirement of the above listed quality experienced players a look at our present league and reserves squads will show a very young and inexperienced squad such that westies are presently rebuilding and working towards ateam with league experience a cause not helped by the long term injury to porplicia not the suspension of 3 key players.

The rebuild is also not helped by the sanfl short sighted policy of a lower salary cap so we supporters now must go through the pain of rebuild for future gains and performance improvement

Edited by oldfella as i am old and senile lol
Last edited by oldfella on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldfella
Under 16s

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:24 pm

oldfella wrote:
Booney wrote:

Booney, i think if you speak to most honest westies supporter the 20175 squad had a fair bit of experienced quality talent that is now gone (just some that come to mind scmidt, tuck, hartlet, caire, willetts and several others all quality players at sanfl level) also eagles were desperately unluck in that they had 3 key injuries replaced with about 20 gqmes experience whist westies also had 3 injuries hut were replaced by over 300 games experience --- clearly we were the second team that year but lucky with players avaliable on the big day.

Your comment reference new blood is spot on given the retirement of the above listed quality experienced players a look at our present league and reserves squads will show a very young and inexperienced squad such that westies are presently rebuilding and working towards ateam with league experience a cause not helped by the long term injury to porplicia not the suspension of 3 key players.

The rebuild is also not helped by the sanfl short sighted policy of a lower salary cap so we supporters now must go through the pain of rebuild for future gains and performance improvement

20175 squad, wow Westies fans have a tardis!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Corona Man wrote:
oldfella wrote:
Booney wrote:

Booney, i think if you speak to most honest westies supporter the 20175 squad had a fair bit of experienced quality talent that is now gone (just some that come to mind scmidt, tuck, hartlet, caire, willetts and several others all quality players at sanfl level) also eagles were desperately unluck in that they had 3 key injuries replaced with about 20 gqmes experience whist westies also had 3 injuries hut were replaced by over 300 games experience --- clearly we were the second team that year but lucky with players avaliable on the big day.

20175 squad, wow Westies fans have a tardis!

Or patience!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Wedgie wrote:Or patience!

You know they are patient!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:28 pm

oh we've got patience ffs
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby oldfella » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Lol good pick up mate i will edit -- only excuse is i am 68 years old and senile

Wedgie agree patience sadly is needed no different to that is shown but glenelg, south and north supporters to thier credit
oldfella
Under 16s

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:31 pm

oldfella wrote:Lol good pick up mate i will edit -- only excuse is i am 68 years old and senile

Wedgie agree patience sadly is needed no different to that is shown but glenelg, south and north supporters to thier credit

We haven't got the patience to wait 18,000 years although that's about when we'll win one! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby oldfella » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:38 pm

Frankly imo if you look at norths and glenelg sqad in last three years both have had many player changes and they have tried many young players with quick judgement on thier actual potential to move them on if deemed not up to it.

Coupled with some good long term recruitingI feel both teams are in a good position with many quality young players shch that if i supported either i would be looking forward to the next couple of years.

While on same rebuilding track i feel westies and for that matter south are both 2 years behind the bays and north.
oldfella
Under 16s

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:42 pm

oldfella wrote:Frankly imo if you look at norths and glenelg sqad in last three years both have had many player changes and they have tried many young players with quick judgement on thier actual potential to move them on if deemed not up to it.

Coupled with some good long term recruitingI feel both teams are in a good position with many quality young players shch that if i supported either i would be looking forward to the next couple of years.

While on same rebuilding track i feel westies and for that matter south are both 2 years behind the bays and north.

Good news then, we can expect a Rooster flag in 20173. Load up now!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby oldfella » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Corona Man wrote:
oldfella wrote:Frankly imo if you look at norths and glenelg sqad in last three years both have had many player changes and they have tried many young players with quick judgement on thier actual potential to move them on if deemed not up to it.

No mate take a deep breath lol --- more likely a noticeable progress improvement

Firstly will make final 5 several years in a row starting in next couple years hopefully for long suffering loyal supporters
Secondly, after gaining further experience make the grand final
Thirdly, as i posted above reference 2015 luck on the day is critical

Sorry no guarentees of a premieship win from me lol
oldfella
Under 16s

Postby robranisgod » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:47 pm

DOC wrote:Will have a dabble on North at that price.

Hope you got on. Hindsight is wonderful but I did hear that the bookies took a drubbing.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby oldfella » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm

oldfella wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

No mate take a deep breath lol --- more likely a noticeable progress improvement

Firstly will make final 5 several years in a row starting in next couple years hopefully for long suffering loyal supporters
Secondly, after gaining further experience make the grand final
Thirdly, as i posted above reference 2015 luck on the day is critical

Sorry no guarentees of a premieship win from me lol

Seems i was right in my assessment of north adelaides progress but did not pick premiership 2 years early lol
oldfella
Under 16s

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL