Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Oh dear.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:42 pm

I rate my son getting his first job and its at Adelaide Oval! :D
While his Dad serves the masses in the outer he'll be wearing a tie and cufflinks working in corporate! :o
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:49 pm

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Veterans get a pretty sweet deal in terms of healthcare etc. And the aged still get their pensions too.

What are you actually advocating for? A raise in pensions and genuine refugees get nothing?

Do you try to be a patronising dickhead on purpose? Or is that just how you are?

Everyone's explained their point pretty well, and they seem reasonable, but you still try to put words in their mouths.

It was a serious question that you are obviously not well equipped enough to even think about in a rational way.

I think the rest of the people in here have explained their point pretty well except you.

Lets do a poll to see who agrees with my first statement, and who agrees with your dribble.

Also, under legal advice, please change "patronising dickhead" to "silly duffer".
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Wedgie wrote:I rate my son getting his first job and its at Adelaide Oval! :D
While his Dad serves the masses in the outer he'll be wearing a tie and cufflinks working in corporate! :o

Hopefully he gets promoted above you. That would make for a good sitcom.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Are you from taperoo? Maybe some stereotypes ARE warranted
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:54 pm

bennymacca wrote:Are you from taperoo? Maybe some stereotypes ARE warranted

:lol:

You can't think of a way to dig yourself out of the hole, can you?

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:59 pm

HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I rate my son getting his first job and its at Adelaide Oval! :D

Hopefully he gets promoted above you. That would make for a good sitcom.

I'd be stoked if he does. I'd probably be giving up my job there if it wasn't for him getting a job there too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Things that you rate!

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:00 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Are you from taperoo? Maybe some stereotypes ARE warranted

:lol:

You can't think of a way to dig yourself out of the hole, can you?

It’s amazing how threatened you are by me asking LM and others a few simple questions - of which they all seemed to be able to handle
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:01 pm

I'm getting absolutely no work done today watching this thread
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:05 pm

MW wrote:I'm getting absolutely no work done today watching this thread

It’s ok, HH3 will do all our jobs for us too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:05 pm

In Benny's defence I've even had family unfriend me on facebook because I bring them to task in things they post that they assume is true because they saw it on A Current Affair or read it on facebook, anything that says immigrants are better off than Pensioners or ex Servicemen is complete bullocks and not even close to the truth. It's just racist propaganda that a lot of average Joes fall for.
Having worked for Social Security/Centrelink/Human Services for almost 29 years I do have a bit of awareness on exactly what people get too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:06 pm

bennymacca wrote:

I'll pay that one. :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Wedgie wrote:In Benny's defence I've even had family unfriend me on facebook because I bring them to task in things they post that they assume is true because they saw it on A Current Affair or read it on facebook, anything that says immigrants are better off than Pensioners or ex Servicemen is complete bullocks and not even close to the truth. It's just racist propaganda that a lot of average Joe's fall for.
Having worked for Social Security/Centrelink/Human Services for almost 29 years I do have a bit of awareness on exactly what people get too.

I think what people see with their own eyes play a part too. I don't watch current affairs programs. I don't actually watch TV anymore.

But you do see the flashy cars, the expensive clothes, the jewellery. I'm not saying they shouldn't have nice things, but you wonder how they afford if from standing around in Rundle Mall all day.

I don't know the facts, but people like old mate putting words in people's mouths is really annoying. He also doesn't offer any new information. Just tells people they're wrong and posts a link to nothing and thinks he's helping.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:15 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I'll pay that one. :lol:

You’re welcome :)

Seriously though I usually don’t mind if someone has a different opinion to me, that obviously happens all the time.

Apologies if it does come across patronising, it’s not my intention. I just think if you are going to form a strong opinion on something, it needs to be backed up with more than just gut feel.

We might draw different conclusions from the same data, or have different things we have read which mean we have different opinions, but what I won’t accept is when someone says I’m completely wrong and doesn’t at least have a semblance of an argument as to why. (That’s not directed at you)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:19 pm

HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:In Benny's defence I've even had family unfriend me on facebook because I bring them to task in things they post that they assume is true because they saw it on A Current Affair or read it on facebook, anything that says immigrants are better off than Pensioners or ex Servicemen is complete bullocks and not even close to the truth. It's just racist propaganda that a lot of average Joe's fall for.

I think what people see with their own eyes play a part too. I don't watch current affairs programs. I don't actually watch TV anymore.

But you do see the flashy cars, the expensive clothes, the jewellery. I'm not saying they shouldn't have nice things, but you wonder how they afford if from standing around in Rundle Mall all day.

I don't know the facts, but people like old mate putting words in people's mouths is really annoying. He also doesn't offer any new information. Just tells people they're wrong and posts a link to nothing and thinks he's helping.

The link pretty clearly stated that refugees don’t get any more than what any other person in welfare gets.

If you have information different to that I’m more than happy to listen.

how do you know these people with flashy cars are refugees?

Also refugees aren’t necessarily poor - they leave because it’s not safe not because they don’t have cash.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:22 pm

HH3 wrote:

People see/remember what they want to. The last 5000 people I've seen with expensive clothes, jewellery and flashy cars looked like typical Anglo Saxon Australians. I work in an area with a large ethnic diversity too. Appearances can be deceptive.
The immigrants or children of immigrants I know or see have nice stuff purely from hard work, their work ethic and ability to budget is so much better than me it's not funny. There's lots of eastern Asians in my immediate neighbourhood which is quite expensive and they've basically been able to afford it through hard work and not spending as frivolously as we tend to.
The only Aboriginal man that comes to my pub is employed at the new RAH. (Well including me that's 2/2 employed) A couple of Africans that pop in work very hard.
There's a few unemployed and drug affected Anglos though.
Perhaps I should generalise and assume Anglos are the only lazy hopeless no hoper druggies in this nation?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

I thought for every man, woman and child that becomes a refugee in Australia they received $12,500 each as an “establishment fund”. This money can be used on anything to get them established including housing, cars, furniture etc.

I have been trying to find the link I read it on months ago for the last hour. It was in an offical Australian Government document.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Brodlach wrote:I thought for every man, woman and child that becomes a refugee in Australia they received $12,500 each as an “establishment fund”. This money can be used on anything to get them established including housing, cars, furniture etc.

I have been trying to find the link I read it on months ago for the last hour. It was in an offical Australian Government document.

That may be correct, when I was in primary school had a couple of refugee families in my class - one Iranian, one Asian - and I recall they received some funding/grant/monetary benefit/loan to be used to establish themselves.

Both started businesses, the Asian a restaurant and the Iranian something to do with cars, but I do also recall I was told it was more of an interest free loan, and the amount had to be repaid once they were established.

Don't know what terms/conditions were involved etc, and don't know if it still occurs - this was the best part of 25yrs ago.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:34 pm

"Claims that refugees in Australia are entitled to higher benefits than other social security recipients are unfounded"

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament ... sylumFacts
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I thought for every man, woman and child that becomes a refugee in Australia they received $12,500 each as an “establishment fund”. This money can be used on anything to get them established including housing, cars, furniture etc.

That may be correct, when I was in primary school had a couple of refugee families in my class - one Iranian, one Asian - and I recall they received some funding/grant/monetary benefit/loan to be used to establish themselves.

Both started businesses, the Asian a restaurant and the Iranian something to do with cars, but I do also recall I was told it was more of an interest free loan, and the amount had to be repaid once they were established.

Don't know what terms/conditions were involved etc, and don't know if it still occurs - this was the best part of 25yrs ago.

Tried looking myself and all I could find was this

https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsibili ... ts-program

Seems to be more about services groups getting grants to help provide services for new arrivals, not individuals or families getting money themselves
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion