ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby No kidding » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
No kidding wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:
lordrocco18 wrote:um the alternate pitch had a sprinkler in the pitch so yeah um?

Alternative pitch would have been in prep for this weeks game surely, who prepares an alternative pitch in case it rains ?
No one is the answer, it's gunna rain on that too.
HV have just shot themselves in the foot right there, best come up with something else.
Oops, to late.
This will be an interesting little test for ATCA.

Maybe he could of prepared an alternate one for Ingle Farm back on that fateful GF weekend many years ago CC :D

That was a Semi Final

Alzheimers setting in !! :oops:
No kidding

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
No kidding wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:
lordrocco18 wrote:um the alternate pitch had a sprinkler in the pitch so yeah um?

Alternative pitch would have been in prep for this weeks game surely, who prepares an alternative pitch in case it rains ?
No one is the answer, it's gunna rain on that too.
HV have just shot themselves in the foot right there, best come up with something else.
Oops, to late.
This will be an interesting little test for ATCA.

Maybe he could of prepared an alternate one for Ingle Farm back on that fateful GF weekend many years ago CC :D

That was a Semi Final

You have done well, to many losses for me to remember them all.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm

To help out your memory, it was an A3 semi final in 2007/08 against Brighton. Ingle Farm won the toss and batted on the Saturday and made just over 200. The sprinklers were incorrectly re-programmed by the council and came on Saturday night. By the scheduled starting time, the pitch was still a little soft and I have seen teams play on a lot worse. However, Ingle Farm's captain, Trevor Shepard, decided the only option was for the Ingle Farm District cricket club to accept responsibility and forfeit the game. Decision was made somewhat easier because Ingle Farm were minor premiers and had already achieved promotion to A2. It was devastating for some of the senior players at the Farm who saw it as their last chance to win an A grade premiership and this proved to be the case. Brighton went on the beat Port Districts in the GF.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:To help out your memory, it was an A3 semi final in 2007/08 against Brighton. Ingle Farm won the toss and batted on the Saturday and made just over 200. The sprinklers were incorrectly re-programmed by the council and came on Saturday night. By the scheduled starting time, the pitch was still a little soft and I have seen teams play on a lot worse. However, Ingle Farm's captain, Trevor Shepard, decided the only option was for the Ingle Farm District cricket club to accept responsibility and forfeit the game. Decision was made somewhat easier because Ingle Farm were minor premiers and had already achieved promotion to A2. It was devastating for some of the senior players at the Farm who saw it as their last chance to win an A grade premiership and this proved to be the case. Brighton went on the beat Port Districts in the GF.

Oh yes.
Was thinking HV home ground as per the current issue.
What a great day that was.
Was never meant to be.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby tigerpie » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:15 am

Why would they cancel juniors at 35°. The cut off is 38.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 504 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:18 am

tigerpie wrote:Why would they cancel juniors at 35°. The cut off is 38.

Goes by last nights forecast doesn't it ?
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby tigerpie » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 am

Computer Crashed wrote:

According to the bylaws its 9am on the day.
The forecast was revised at 8:15 to 35.
But they called it at 7:30?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Really? Shame for the kids. They probably have a month off now too.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby bloods08 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Very annoying . We had a big day planned at the club with the women's finals. Hopefully they get rescheduled in the new year.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby tigerpie » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Its 25° at the moment. Kids should be playing.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:56 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

That's a balls up then.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 am

tigerpie wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

I think someone at ATCA got caught out by the revised forecast. Usually BOM revise their forecasts twice daily, once at around 5.20am and then around 4.10 in the afternoon. The 5.20am forecast was for 38 and I assume ATCA went with that. Very unusual to get a revised forecast at 8.15am.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

I think someone at ATCA got caught out by the revised forecast. Usually BOM revise their forecasts twice daily, once at around 5.20am and then around 4.10 in the afternoon. The 5.20am forecast was for 38 and I assume ATCA went with that. Very unusual to get a revised forecast at 8.15am.

Agreed, forecasts outside of the usual 5:20am and 4:10pm wouldn't happen much more than a dozen times a year.
For one of those to fall between 7am and 9am on that sunday you could argue is a 1 in 300 shot.

That said then, you gotta wonder why they have the 9am rule if they call it earlier. May as well just go with the 5:20am update and leave it at that.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 am

Trader wrote:That said then, you gotta wonder why they have the 9am rule if they call it earlier. May as well just go with the 5:20am update and leave it at that.

Poor admin, probably thought they were doing the right thing giving a bit extra notice haha - as a parent i would've been happy knowing at 7am rather than getting all ready and set only to find out at 9am as i'm about to walk out the door.

Dammed if they do, dammed if they don't :lol:

Probably right, should just use the 5:20am update - then people can also check themselves when they wake up anyway.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4022 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:01 am

The 10's, 12's and 14's played in the morning which was good.
It only affected 15's and 17's.
The weatherzone app said 33 forecast for Sunday on Saturday afternoon and didn't change at all.

Anyone know what's happening with the hope valley/pooraka game?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Reilly » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:55 am

Now that our game against PH a few weeks back has been sorted by the association I can go into some more details:

The incident itself went like this. One of our batsmen played and missed at a ball. A few of the fielders got stuck into him about his shot (fair play as it was pretty awful). Keeper threw the ball to short cover and at this stage the non striker walked down the wicket to tell him to put the crap shots away. While this was happening short cover ran to the non strikers end and dislodged the bails. A few of their players appealed and our umpire quickly gave it not out as it's a dead ball as soon as the keeper throws the ball to another player and the batters aren't attempting to run. From there the players surrounded the umpire and things started to get nasty. It's very lucky we had the team 'hippie' umpiring who's the most relaxed bloke in the side. If it'd been other blokes I think things would have got out of hand very quickly. Our umpire was abused, and grabbed by one of their players. Our captain went out to try and sort things out and calm them down but was told to f*ck off. It was at this stage they decided to walk off the field. Prior to this incident while they were batting their umpires gave three of their batsmen not out to very plum LBW appeals (I can take that, as we don't have umpires) but they also gave a batsmen a reprieve when he was caught out. It was a full toss, caught at cover. Batsmen then turned around to his mate at square leg and told him surely that's a no ball at which stage he signalled 'no-ball'. I'm thankful we don't have to play them again and in my opinion they should have an umpire every week. However, justice has been served and the league has dealt with the issue. Just wanted to tell everyone exactly what happened.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Harry49 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:51 am

Reilly wrote:Now that our game against PH a few weeks back has been sorted by the association I can go into some more details:

The incident itself went like this. One of our batsmen played and missed at a ball. A few of the fielders got stuck into him about his shot (fair play as it was pretty awful). Keeper threw the ball to short cover and at this stage the non striker walked down the wicket to tell him to put the crap shots away. While this was happening short cover ran to the non strikers end and dislodged the bails. A few of their players appealed and our umpire quickly gave it not out as it's a dead ball as soon as the keeper throws the ball to another player and the batters aren't attempting to run. From there the players surrounded the umpire and things started to get nasty. It's very lucky we had the team 'hippie' umpiring who's the most relaxed bloke in the side. If it'd been other blokes I think things would have got out of hand very quickly. Our umpire was abused, and grabbed by one of their players. Our captain went out to try and sort things out and calm them down but was told to f*ck off. It was at this stage they decided to walk off the field. Prior to this incident while they were batting their umpires gave three of their batsmen not out to very plum LBW appeals (I can take that, as we don't have umpires) but they also gave a batsmen a reprieve when he was caught out. It was a full toss, caught at cover. Batsmen then turned around to his mate at square leg and told him surely that's a no ball at which stage he signalled 'no-ball'. I'm thankful we don't have to play them again and in my opinion they should have an umpire every week. However, justice has been served and the league has dealt with the issue. Just wanted to tell everyone exactly what happened.

As a PH player, I am very disappointed to hear this. The team in question I believe is our LO1 team which have come over from another club to play under our banner this season. Unfortunately, these guys are very rarely sited on training nights but I am sure that the club will take a very strong approach with this issue to ensure it doesn't happen again.
What was the punishment by the Association?
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 pm

tigerpie wrote:The 10's, 12's and 14's played in the morning which was good.
It only affected 15's and 17's.
The weatherzone app said 33 forecast for Sunday on Saturday afternoon and didn't change at all.

Anyone know what's happening with the hope valley/pooraka game?

Women's finals were cancelled. Haven't heard when they will be rescheduled for.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Reilly » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Harry49 wrote:
Reilly wrote:Now that our game against PH a few weeks back has been sorted by the association I can go into some more details:

As a PH player, I am very disappointed to hear this. The team in question I believe is our LO1 team which have come over from another club to play under our banner this season. Unfortunately, these guys are very rarely sited on training nights but I am sure that the club will take a very strong approach with this issue to ensure it doesn't happen again.
What was the punishment by the Association?

G'day Harry,

Yes we were aware they were a new addition to your club as some of the boys had played against some of the players in question when they played for ICC. Personally, I've played against PH many times over the years and never had an issue. I think that's the sad part about all this in that obviously if there is an incident in a game it reflects badly on the club. Really it was only 4 - 6 of their guys that were the issue. The rest stayed out of it and were fine. The league awarded us the win, docked PH 2 points and suspended the captain for two games for not controlling his players and for walking off. As far as we're concerned the issue has been dealt with and I hope the penalty means a similar issue doesn't come up again for other teams. It's LO's not A grade.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Reilly wrote:we were aware they were a new addition to your club as some of the boys had played against some of the players in question when they played for ICC. ... Really it was only 4 - 6 of their guys that were the issue.

And this is what makes it so hard for the turf to deal with these matters.
If you kick a club out or severely penalize them, the players just move to a new club the next year.

We've seen it previously and I suspect we will see it again.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps