3%
Trinity OS
5%
West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Arch44 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:37 am

carey wrote:Please don't tell me a football club pays players?????? :shock: :shock:

Surely not!

Absolute ground breaking stuff......

Of course they do Carey, it’s the clubs that deny it is where the entertainment comes from.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:33 am

Arch why have Fitzroy denied Karvelis's clearance to West Croydon? Surely he's not in the Roys A grade plans for 2018?!

Are the Roys being petty?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:37 am

The Bedge wrote:Arch why have Fitzroy denied Karvelis's clearance to West Croydon? Surely he's not in the Roys A grade plans for 2018?!

I don’t know?
Although he’s in WC Agrade plans so quite possibly Fitzroy are entitled to think that.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:41 am

Arch44 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Arch why have Fitzroy denied Karvelis's clearance to West Croydon? Surely he's not in the Roys A grade plans for 2018?!

I don’t know?
Although he’s in WC Agrade plans so quite possibly Fitzroy are entitled to think that.

Really? Can he play A grade footy these days? He's not young and he's not small.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 am

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

I don’t know?

Really? Can he play A grade footy these days? He's not young and he's not small.

He is clever enough and can play the game. If his knee holds up and he gets fitter which sounds like the plan absolutely he can.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:46 am

The Bedge wrote:It was mentioned a few months back - Salisbury West I believe have to submit to the AdFL why they should be granted affiliation for season 2018 after events over the past couple years.

Footy Chick wrote:They're in for next year at this stage. AAA signed and bond paid

FC do you know, or is there any truth to the rumours coming out of Londonderry Ave that the current SW committee upon receiving orders to submit a letter outlining why they should be granted affiliation, delved into their archives and dug out a letter that was penned to the league some number of years ago for the same purpose, changed the date and then submitted it?

If true, that's pretty embarrassing for a footy club to not only submit the exact same document - but to actually have a document on file to be able to resubmit relating to their behaviour and why they should remain.. :lol:

Also how can you take a club seriously when that's the "effort" they make to remain affiliated and change their ways?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:57 am

The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:It was mentioned a few months back - Salisbury West I believe have to submit to the AdFL why they should be granted affiliation for season 2018 after events over the past couple years.

Footy Chick wrote:They're in for next year at this stage. AAA signed and bond paid

FC do you know, or is there any truth to the rumours coming out of Londonderry Ave that the current SW committee upon receiving orders to submit a letter outlining why they should be granted affiliation, delved into their archives and dug out a letter that was penned to the league some number of years ago for the same purpose, changed the date and then submitted it?

If true, that's pretty embarrassing for a footy club to not only submit the exact same document - but to actually have a document on file to be able to resubmit relating to their behaviour and why they should remain.. :lol:

Also how can you take a club seriously when that's the "effort" they make to remain affiliated and change their ways?

If that's the case then how would word like this get out? Pretty specific in the detail. Fair investigative efforts Bedge. Like it.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:58 am

Arch44 wrote:He is clever enough and can play the game. If his knee holds up and he gets fitter which sounds like the plan absolutely he can.

If he's in your A grade sights and long term plans, then i'm afraid your club is up shit creek. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:00 am

SATCHEL wrote:If that's the case then how would word like this get out? Pretty specific in the detail. Fair investigative efforts Bedge. Like it.

People from the Northern 'burbs are never shy to talk about things - especially things they might be proud of where they've managed to save themselves some work by re-hatching old work.. Almost an element of gloating involved when these people cut corners, like they've managed to avoid a RBT while under the influence. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 am

roar88 wrote:
FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:ahhhhhh the good old truth always hits a nerve lol

Haha mate That’s super petty of you, ive known you for a long time... would be 20+ years I know some shit about you.
But there is no point to be throwing stuff like that around,
There is and has been some great people around that footy club with the occasional feral.
All those people around, you had as team mates and the club you sang the song for are all feral now?

Just because you got asked to leave (with in good reason) there’s no need to be a shit stirrer.

The last time west Croydon payed players was in the 90’s after everybody defected to woody south an other clubs (pretty sure the year after a double flag loss 99’)
Dropped the club in to div7 and put it in a hard place, the club hasn’t paid players since.

Call the club what you will, there’s a good heart in there and 2018 will be the start of what will be a very hopefull year.
Just because you have a chip on your shoulder doesn’t mean you need to be petty because something struck your nerve.

had to laugh but no pettiness no chip on my shoulder and I am a big shit stirrer so more to come enjoy your time on here roar88 I know I will .. :lol: :lol:
FLYING DUTCHMAN 18
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:50 am

Hey Bedge, have you ever taken thought into becoming a Investigative Journalist? Sounds to me like you'd fit straight in.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:58 am

The Bedge wrote:

If true I'd be kind of impressed with their archiving system.

I'm lucky to find the Minutes of Monday's AGM lying around my desk.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:03 am

Not sure - but I reckon this happened to another club who was asked to do the same a couple of years ago.

Could've even been yours ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:09 am

Footy Chick wrote:Not sure - but I reckon this happened to another club who was asked to do the same a couple of years ago.

Could've even been yours ;)

Knock it off, my shit is always original 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:42 am

Buddys wife wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:2016 ruckmen for west croydon was playing college basketball in the states was back here for a while and getting paid to play football

No way he was playing for free

Yeh ok so a bloke that had never played a game of footy in his life was getting paid. I can assure he wasn’t hence the reason he no longer plays for us

I think he moved on because he was offered better money after having a solid 2016 season and if that was his first year he had a stand out year knew how to do tap work and worked well with his midfield
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:I think he moved on because he was offered better money after having a solid 2016 season and if that was his first year he had a stand out year knew how to do tap work and worked well with his midfield

Was that the year you took a season off footy to sit on the bench for Houghton? :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby ramming23 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:He is clever enough and can play the game. If his knee holds up and he gets fitter which sounds like the plan absolutely he can.

If he's in your A grade sights and long term plans, then i'm afraid your club is up shit creek. :lol:

You'd think they would have to be in BIG trouble for that to take place.. ;)
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby carey » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

I don’t know?

What do you have against fat old guys we're people too
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Computer Crashed » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:I think he moved on because he was offered better money after having a solid 2016 season and if that was his first year he had a stand out year knew how to do tap work and worked well with his midfield

Was that the year you took a season off footy to sit on the bench for Houghton? :P

You are starting to become a very angry ant.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby The Bedge » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:33 am

Computer Crashed wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

You are starting to become a very angry ant.

Can’t even ‘ave a laugh round here these days.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League