Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Q. » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:Interesting that other clubs in the premiership window weren't chasing Rocky or Motlop,....read into that what you will. Motlop did not finish in top 10 of GFC's B&F.
No secret that Rocky was a poisonous individual at Brisbane.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby MW » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Q. wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Interesting that other clubs in the premiership window weren't chasing Rocky or Motlop,....read into that what you will. Motlop did not finish in top 10 of GFC's B&F.
No secret that Rocky was a poisonous individual at Brisbane.

He took the piss lol
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:00 am

Who do you have "in the premiership window"?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7639 times
Been liked: 11104 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:I cannot see what all the hype is about with Port's trading so far and why all "AFL MEDIA" think they have excelled.

1. They brought in a bloke from Brisbane who was a cancer at that football club, who wanted out at any opportunity that is not going to change when things don't go his way at Alberton.

2. They have brought in another bloke who continually butchers the ball
(He would be right at home with the rest of the low skill players at Alberton who can't get the job done)
Has only played two good games in 2 years and folds most of the time under pressure.

3. Looking at a third bloke who is so overrated as a player and goes missing on the field more often than not.

Great recruiting by the Power
Membership Phone number 1800 1 & Done

1 - It will be interesting to see how Rockliff goes now that he's not the big dog in town. As the captain he would have set the agenda on many issues in team meetings and the way the playing group worked together. As the newbie he'll need to fall into line with our mind set and expectations. Probably one of my biggest reservations about him.

2 - Steven Motlop this year ran at 74.3% disposal efficiency, averaging 19.3 touches per game. Port Adelaide ran at 71.3 disposal efficiency, ranked 17th in the league. You need to do your homework better, or, at all.

3 - Anything related to Melbourne over the last 5-8 years needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Watts probably shouldn't have been a #1 pick ( in what wasn't a strong draft ) and he gets judged harshly because Melbourne made a mistake taking him at #1 ( as they do for taking Toumpas at #4 ) but he too runs at 76.1% disposal efficiency ( for his average 15.7 touches ).

Both Motlop and Watts ( if we get him ) use the ball better then the two they are likely to replace.

Port have been, rightly, knocked for our ability to turn the ball over to the opposition and be hurt on the rebound especially during 2016 when it hurt us terribly. To have targeted two blokes ( Watts yet to be confirmed ) who, on average, use the ball better than we have been for the last two years and one of the top clearances players in the competition is something Port fans have every reason to be optimistic about.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:47 am

morell wrote:Ahhh no.

Still don't have a strong forward line structure and significant game plan issues need to be addressed.

But I fully expect to be making the finals again with the squad we've assembled.

With a super tough draw next season?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4367 times
Been liked: 8082 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:Ahhh no.

Still don't have a strong forward line structure and significant game plan issues need to be addressed.

But I fully expect to be making the finals again with the squad we've assembled.

With a super tough draw next season?

Fair dinkum, everyone's draw in this competition is tough.

It doesn't work with the top 6, middle 6, bottom 6 playing each other twice and it never will.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:58 am

Booney wrote:

It doesn't work with the top 6, middle 6, bottom 6 playing each other twice and it never will.

It pains me to say but Port's draw was extremely soft this season and they couldn't capitalise on it, some woeful losses.

On paper they can look really good going into 2018, but it needs to be between the ears and on the whiteboard.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

It pains me to say but Port's draw was extremely soft this season and they couldn't capitalise on it, some woeful losses.

On paper they can look really good going into 2018, but it needs to be between the ears and on the whiteboard.

From the 2016 ladder where we finished 10th we played 5th twice ( Adelaide ) 6th twice ( West Coast ) 12th twice ( Collingwood ) and 15th and 17th twice, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

So two above us, one next to us, two below us. Exactly what a middle of the ladder team would expect.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:46 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

From the 2016 ladder where we finished 10th we played 5th twice ( Adelaide ) 6th twice ( West Coast ) 12th twice ( Collingwood ) and 15th and 17th twice, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

So two above us, one next to us, two below us. Exactly what a middle of the ladder team would expect.

You're a loyal supporter that will try and find a positive no matter what. I admire that, but it doesn't change the fact Motlop is shit. So glad he's gone.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 901 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 am

Rubbish BC, you speak to port supporters over the weekend and he’s a dead set gun :)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3068 times
Been liked: 2437 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Rubbish BC, you speak to port supporters over the weekend and he’s a dead set gun :)

You must have a select group you talk to, most of the ones I spoke to were 50/50 on the signing.

He has potential and a change of scenery could be good for him, he had some great highlights at Geelong but wasn't consistent, had a frustrating season just gone, it's definitely a gamble IMO.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Rubbish BC, you speak to port supporters over the weekend and he’s a dead set gun :)

Haven't said he's a gun myself, have said he's an upgrade on a couple of blokes we've been playing or would be playing in 2018.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:54 am

Not sure Motlop is a gun - his best is very good obviously, but like all Motlop's he's inconsistent.

However he's a good fit for Port - especially with Impey leaving, he is a much needed quick forward.

If he can collect 15-20 a game and kick a couple goals, reckon that's a tick. If he can regularly produce high quality games though, especially forward defensive pressure then it's a huge tick - given Wingard and Gray don't like tackling lol.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4130 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:54 am

Had he gone to Adelaide you would have bagged the crap out of him Booney
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4310 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:58 am

Brodlach wrote:Had he gone to Adelaide you would have bagged the crap out of him Booney

Predicting my thoughts on something that didn't happen. Morning, Mrs Boon.

Would he be an upgrade on Milera? Yes, I think he would be. Would he be an upgrade on Betts? Well, obviously no.

Look at the bigger picture....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:59 am

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Had he gone to Adelaide you would have bagged the crap out of him Booney

Predicting my thoughts on something that didn't happen. Morning, Mrs Boon.

Morning dear.

The drought begins today

Love Mrs B
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4310 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:00 am

Booney wrote:

Who do you have "in the premiership window"?

Anyone that finished in the top 8 this year.

God help the next coach of PA, Kenny is going to leave a right royal mess.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3835 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 am

Booney wrote:

Haven't said he's a gun myself, have said he's an upgrade on a couple of blokes we've been playing or would be playing in 2018.

I think Watts would be a much better pick up. I'm hoping we get him to be honest.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 901 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

I think Watts would be a much better pick up. I'm hoping we get him to be honest.

I agree, I think Watts has more to give going forward, his skills are top notch and we need better delivery into the F50. That's his best spot, I think, half forward / tracking up to the wing.

Rockliff is probably going to be 70/30 mid/fwd next year, I don't think Motlop at 20/80 fwd/mid was exactly what we needed, but, with the decline in Aaron Young's form last year and Neade unable to actually get the ball we needed someone to do a bit of both.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 am

Booney wrote:

Not anyone on here mate... Just some of my port mates...

Is one good game of the year was against us in the final :roll:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3068 times
Been liked: 2437 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL