Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Surely Morell is taking the piss.
Yeah Collingwoods move from Victoria Park and Essendons from Windy Hill had nothing to do with their increases too. It was just a coincidence. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:Surely Morell is taking the piss.
Yeah Collingwoods move from Victoria Park and Essendons from Windy Hill had nothing to do with their increases too. It was just a coincidence. :lol:

Unless you have data, graphs, pivot tables and a fancy trend line to prove otherwise then it wasn't a coincidence ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:06 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Unless you have data, graphs, pivot tables and a fancy trend line to prove otherwise then it wasn't a coincidence ;)

Yeah true, I didn't take into account the X axis or swarming.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am

Wedgie wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Yeah true, I didn't take into account the X axis or swarming.

The Ol' X axis gets you everytime
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby morell » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:39 am

Clearly you don't understand the argument. Maybe I haven't been clear. Might need a UK fan safooty.net spud Google Translate engine going.

Of course moving to Adelaide Oval caused a massive upswing in Port crowds. Why do you think Port were the main instigators of that move???! That's my entire point - once the mitigating factors in our poor crowds were removed (convenience, location, poor results, direction, branding, marketing) we saw healthy Port crowds.

Provided Port continue to mitigate those factors we will continue to see healthy Port crowds. Like this year. The Crows attendances have followed a similar pattern (-3k since 2014). Are they doomed?

There was no doubt a bubble in 2014 because of the excitement of a new oval - supporters from interstate would've also inflated those figures. The crux of the argument UK Fan was blubbering through his bottom lip over was the correction from that year is some sort of sign of Port's impending doom - when clearly, revenue, profit, and even the crowds figures themselves fly in the face of that assertion.

40k is a healthy average for Port to maintain - all things considered that is a great result for Port this year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a numpty. End of argument really.
Last edited by morell on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:48 am

UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:
mots02 wrote:
morell wrote:Blah blah blah

Year Revenue
2011 $37,017,885
2012 $36,649,694
2013 $41,600,000
2014 $48,219,475
2015 $50,794,644
2016 $52,768,461

Thanks for your concern everyone.

Yearly PnL?
Year Revenue P/L EXPENDITURE
2011 $37,017,885 -$877,971 $38 mill
2012 $36,649,694 -$2,117,071 $39 mill
2013 $41,600,000 -$1,690,000 $43 mill
2014 $48,219,475 -$1,091,999 $49 mill
2015 $50,794,644 $211,302 $50 mill
2016 $52,768,461 $14,840 $52 mill

Thank **** we got out of Crow Park ay? ;)

Let's us not forget the all important expenditure. As It appears to be spiralling.

With an increase via the China investment you'd assume again this season.

Plus an Extra $2 mill required in player wages next season.

Can we get a trend line on it ??? :-)
Yes, investing money into your business is a terrible idea.

Maybe stick to being involved with the meat tray raffles at the football behemoth that is Ceeeeentrals.
morell
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:26 am

morell wrote:
Clearly you don't understand the argument. Maybe I haven't been clear. Might need a UK fan safooty.net spud Google Translate engine going.

Of course moving to Adelaide Oval caused a massive upswing in Port crowds. Why do you think Port were the main instigators of that move???! That's my entire point - once the mitigating factors in our poor crowds were removed (convenience, location, poor results, direction, branding, marketing) we saw healthy Port crowds.

Provided Port continue to mitigate those factors we will continue to see healthy Port crowds. Like this year. The Crows attendances have followed a similar pattern (-3k since 2014). Are they doomed?

There was no doubt a bubble in 2014 because of the excitement of a new oval - supporters from interstate would've also inflated those figures. The crux of the argument UK Fan was blubbering through his bottom lip over was the correction from that year is some sort of sign of Port's impending doom - when clearly, revenue, profit, and even the crowds figures themselves fly in the face of that assertion.

40k is a healthy average for Port to maintain - all things considered that is a great result for Port this year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a numpty. End of argument really.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

hahahaha!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby morell » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:49 am

O'Doyle rules!

UK Fan wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

hahahaha!!!

morell wrote:Anyone who thinks otherwise is a numpty. End of argument really.

morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Brilliant. Port Adelaide are absolute leaders in this space. Awesome stuff. :D
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 am

PORT ADELAIDE has launched a bold plan to establish a state-of-the-art Centre for Aboriginal Excellence and Leadership.

It comes on the back of a $4 million grant to start the project from the Australian Government as part of its 1967 Referendum 50th Anniversary Indigenous Education Package.

The grant funding to Power Community Ltd, the independent community development organisation of the Port Adelaide Football Club, will help build a revolutionary complex to provide:

 Short and long-term accommodation for Aboriginal students
 Arts and cultural spaces to teach and raise awareness of Aboriginal culture
 Dedicated education programs tailored to suit the learning needs of each student
 Health, wellness and recreation facilities for lifestyle programs and practical learning
 Café and kitchen for commercial training and patronage
 Office facilities for education partners to integrate and support the Centre’s deliverable outcomes.
Port Adelaide CEO Keith Thomas said the construction of a dedicated space for Aboriginal education programs is an objective of Port Adelaide’s most recent Reconciliation Action Plan.

“This is an exciting announcement that allows us to continue our vision to make our community proud through innovation and investment in Aboriginal leadership and learning," he said.

“Port Adelaide strives to provide young Aboriginal people with the skills and knowledge they need to make a successful transition from school life into further education and the workforce.

“It will provide Power Community Ltd a dedicated space to deliver our industry-leading Aboriginal programs in a state-of-the-art environment, and to help foster reconciliation through providing cultural awareness education in the wider community.

“It’s an exciting time for Port Adelaide, with our international aspirations matched by our vision to build strong and cohesive communities in our heartland.

“I thank the Australian Government for this tremendous vote of confidence in our plans and vision.

“We will continue to search for the additional funding required to support this important project.”

Commonwealth Minister for Indigenous Affairs Nigel Scullion echoed Thomas' comments.

“I am pleased to be partnering with Port Adelaide Football Club to provide $4 million to establish a facility that will deliver residential and education support for young Indigenous Australians," Minister Scullion said.

"I am backing in the Port Adelaide Football Club because of its strong track record and partnership with Aboriginal communities across South Australia.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:19 am

Again this week, nobody on the PAFC injury list. Full complement to pick from.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby JK » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:31 am

Port have always been a great club for embracing the indigenous community, good result
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Booney wrote:PORT ADELAIDE has launched a bold plan to establish a state-of-the-art Centre for Aboriginal Excellence and Leadership.

It comes on the back of a $4 million grant to start the project from the Australian Government as part of its 1967 Referendum 50th Anniversary Indigenous Education Package.

The grant funding to Power Community Ltd, the independent community development organisation of the Port Adelaide Football Club, will help build a revolutionary complex to provide:

 Short and long-term accommodation for Aboriginal students
 Arts and cultural spaces to teach and raise awareness of Aboriginal culture
 Dedicated education programs tailored to suit the learning needs of each student
 Health, wellness and recreation facilities for lifestyle programs and practical learning
 Café and kitchen for commercial training and patronage
 Office facilities for education partners to integrate and support the Centre’s deliverable outcomes.
Port Adelaide CEO Keith Thomas said the construction of a dedicated space for Aboriginal education programs is an objective of Port Adelaide’s most recent Reconciliation Action Plan.

“This is an exciting announcement that allows us to continue our vision to make our community proud through innovation and investment in Aboriginal leadership and learning," he said.

“Port Adelaide strives to provide young Aboriginal people with the skills and knowledge they need to make a successful transition from school life into further education and the workforce.

“It will provide Power Community Ltd a dedicated space to deliver our industry-leading Aboriginal programs in a state-of-the-art environment, and to help foster reconciliation through providing cultural awareness education in the wider community.

“It’s an exciting time for Port Adelaide, with our international aspirations matched by our vision to build strong and cohesive communities in our heartland.

“I thank the Australian Government for this tremendous vote of confidence in our plans and vision.

“We will continue to search for the additional funding required to support this important project.”

Commonwealth Minister for Indigenous Affairs Nigel Scullion echoed Thomas' comments.

“I am pleased to be partnering with Port Adelaide Football Club to provide $4 million to establish a facility that will deliver residential and education support for young Indigenous Australians," Minister Scullion said.

"I am backing in the Port Adelaide Football Club because of its strong track record and partnership with Aboriginal communities across South Australia.”

Well done Port.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:14 pm

Not wanting to sound like UK but is it a concern that Port Adelaide only pull larger crowds to away games than Gold Coast and GWS this year?
I know they've been trying hard to appeal nationally (and internationally) but it doesn't seem to be working despite being a good side.
Or is it a quirk of the draw so far this year?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Port dont wanna play a showdown final
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11938 times
Been liked: 3639 times

Postby carey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:50 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Port dont wanna play a showdown final

Lol is that the theory behind yesterday's effort, or lack there of I should say.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby UK Fan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:Not wanting to sound like UK but is it a concern that Port Adelaide only pull larger crowds to away games than Gold Coast and GWS this year?
I know they've been trying hard to appeal nationally (and internationally) but it doesn't seem to be working despite being a good side.
Or is it a quirk of the draw so far this year?

You are obviously an obsessed troll :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Wingard out for 2-3 with a sprained ankle. :(
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby carey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Wedgie wrote:Wingard out for 2-3 with a sprained ankle. :(

Must be more than a sprain to miss 2-3 weeks.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:51 pm

carey wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Wingard out for 2-3 with a sprained ankle. :(

Must be more than a sprain to miss 2-3 weeks.

Depends how badly it's sprained, some can last a while if they're bad.
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL