LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Magellan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:19 pm

What test?

Oh, I know what you're referring to...the Crows flunked it last night.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Bone in his column yesterday reckons four changes need to be made.

McGovern in for Beech
Cheney in for Otten
Thompson in for W. Milera
Seedsman in for L. Brown

The way I see it we're pretty much cooked regardless.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Gozu wrote:Bone in his column yesterday reckons four changes need to be made.

McGovern in for Beech
Cheney in for Otten
Thompson in for W. Milera
Seedsman in for L. Brown

The way I see it we're pretty much cooked regardless.

If Seedsman and Thompson are now in your best 22 things have gone from bad to worse.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Seedsman has played 1 & 1/2 games of footy all season, needs a couple more in the SANFL I would have thought.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Hardly solves the issues we have with those two ins.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Interesting...

Criticism of @texwalker13 confusing. 20 goal assists (ranked 2nd in AFL), 33 goals, (8th - 1st on 39) and ave 2.75 goals per game (4th).
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:Interesting...

Criticism of @texwalker13 confusing. 20 goal assists (ranked 2nd in AFL), 33 goals, (8th - 1st on 39) and ave 2.75 goals per game (4th).

I think it is based around him not having a heavy influence in games with regards to the result. When the game is there to be won where is he?

That being said, last Thursday night was probably the first time the Crows have played a game this year that was still in the balance in the last quarter.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 pm

ADELAIDE chief executive Andrew Fagan believes taking games overseas is “nothing but a sideshow” and he has urged the AFL to focus on more pressing priorities at home.

As Port Adelaide extends its commercial arm in China, and St Kilda and Carlton play games in New Zealand, Fagan says the Crows have no plans to follow them abroad.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... bd2f31296c

FOLLOWING Port Adelaide's foray into China, Essendon and Adelaide are looking to play a pre-season match in India.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-23/f ... seas-clash
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:05 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:

I think it is based around him not having a heavy influence in games with regards to the result. When the game is there to be won where is he?

That being said, last Thursday night was probably the first time the Crows have played a game this year that was still in the balance in the last quarter.

Spot on. He's gone from being the most respected captains in the AFL to a bit of a joke. I think he was hugely overrated as a "leader" before so it's not a huge shock to me. Reminds me of Lucas Herbert. Built like Tarzan and plays like Jane. Flat track bullies unlike someone like Selwood who is the opposite and stands up even more so when games are on the line and Tex has plenty of kilos on Joel.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:19 pm

All this positive talk about Tex has prompted Adelaide to re-sign him until 2021.
MW
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

Spot on. He's gone from being the most respected captains in the AFL to a bit of a joke. I think he was hugely overrated as a "leader" before so it's not a huge shock to me. Reminds me of Lucas Herbert. Built like Tarzan and plays like Jane. Flat track bullies unlike someone like Selwood who is the opposite and stands up even more so when games are on the line and Tex has plenty of kilos on Joel.

Apples and oranges, ones a mid who can hunt the footy at every stoppage. Ones a tall FWD who with the structure of today's game needs some have decent ball movement. The crows ball movement of late has been terrible, no way would you want to be a FWD with the ball coming in.

Tex a leader, he obviously has the attributes required, otherwise he wouldn't have been given the role by a bloke who was at the time deemed one of the best football thinkers in the game.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:34 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Apples and oranges, ones a mid who can hunt the footy at every stoppage. Ones a tall FWD who with the structure of today's game needs some have decent ball movement. The crows ball movement of late has been terrible, no way would you want to be a FWD with the ball coming in.

Tex a leader, he obviously has the attributes required, otherwise he wouldn't have been given the role by a bloke who was at the time deemed one of the best football thinkers in the game.

In that summer, 14>15, Kane Cornes said well before the announcement that Walker would be made skipper, much to the surprise of many. Cornes was very close to Walsh and had obviously got the impression that Walsh was very impressed with Walker off field as much as on.

After the Walsh tragedy, someone I know in the peripheral of the group, said that Walker was strong at worst and resoundingly stoic at best. Clearly in the matches after Walsh and in '16 he was their natural leader. No question.

However, I wonder if his off field is matched by his on field leadership. Whilst your comment re apples / oranges is true, there's also moments in time when a captain must stamp himself of the game, go above and beyond. There was a moment late in the Hawthorn game where Walker was tight in the scoreboard pocket and he dished off too Lynch who is this year 50/50 from set shots. That moment, right there, was crying out for a captains goal. He might have figured he'd give to someone in a better spot, maybe he should have take ownership of it.

To be named the best captain in the AFL by the other AFL captains is a massive call. I think we all respect the type of person you would have to be to be made a captain in the modern era, for 17 of your peers to call you the pick of them, you must be doing something right.

Now I feel all dirty, I can't stand the wanker. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Booney wrote:In that summer, 14>15, Kane Cornes said well before the announcement that Walker would be made skipper, much to the surprise of many. Cornes was very close to Walsh and had obviously got the impression that Walsh was very impressed with Walker off field as much as on.

Further to that, Cornes also said that from his own playing days, Walker was noticeably the most vocal and held the most presence on the field of any Crows player.

Now I feel all dirty for missing the opportunity to pot Cornes, I can't stand the wanker! ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:40 pm

How do these stats stack up in their losses?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Again, as a FWD your output will generally be lower due to losing other field position.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:55 pm

Booney wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Apples and oranges, ones a mid who can hunt the footy at every stoppage. Ones a tall FWD who with the structure of today's game needs some have decent ball movement. The crows ball movement of late has been terrible, no way would you want to be a FWD with the ball coming in.

In that summer, 14>15, Kane Cornes said well before the announcement that Walker would be made skipper, much to the surprise of many. Cornes was very close to Walsh and had obviously got the impression that Walsh was very impressed with Walker off field as much as on.

After the Walsh tragedy, someone I know in the peripheral of the group, said that Walker was strong at worst and resoundingly stoic at best. Clearly in the matches after Walsh and in '16 he was their natural leader. No question.

However, I wonder if his off field is matched by his on field leadership. Whilst your comment re apples / oranges is true, there's also moments in time when a captain must stamp himself of the game, go above and beyond. There was a moment late in the Hawthorn game where Walker was tight in the scoreboard pocket and he dished off too Lynch who is this year 50/50 from set shots. That moment, right there, was crying out for a captains goal. He might have figured he'd give to someone in a better spot, maybe he should have take ownership of it.

To be named the best captain in the AFL by the other AFL captains is a massive call. I think we all respect the type of person you would have to be to be made a captain in the modern era, for 17 of your peers to call you the pick of them, you must be doing something right.

Now I feel all dirty, I can't stand the wanker. :lol:

Yep totally agree, with taking on the responsibility. Its more the nonsensical looks like tarzan play like Jayne comment is clearly extremely far off the mark
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:

12 poss, 6 marks and 2.0 v Hawks
12 poss, 8 marks and 3.3 v Geel
15 poss, 3 marks and 2.2 v Melb
7 poss, 4 marks and 1.1 v NM
MW
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:08 pm

As a captain when the tide has turned the otherway he needs to use his body to crash packs and perhaps get up the ground more to get involved.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL