30%
Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby coman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:27 pm

thegrowler wrote:I just read on social media that some piece of $hit stole the cancer research fundraising money from the Smithfield football club yesterday.

I sincerely hope the guilty party gets Lou Gehrig's disease.

This is the first I've heard about this,what a disgusting putrid act,I'm very confident this couldn't be a in house perpetrator ,and I promise that everyone's wishes above will be accomplished if anybody is convicted of this cowardly crime.
Just like to mention that Smithfield's effort on the weekend was unacceptable and very embarrassing, we are all still very positive and are looking for a big turn around in the second half of the season.
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:11 pm

coman wrote:
thegrowler wrote:I just read on social media that some piece of $hit stole the cancer research fundraising money from the Smithfield football club yesterday.

I sincerely hope the guilty party gets Lou Gehrig's disease.

This is the first I've heard about this,what a disgusting putrid act,I'm very confident this couldn't be a in house perpetrator ,and I promise that everyone's wishes above will be accomplished if anybody is convicted of this cowardly crime.
Just like to mention that Smithfield's effort on the weekend was unacceptable and very embarrassing, we are all still very positive and are looking for a big turn around in the second half of the season.

Likewise, I couldn't see anyone from Kilburn doing it either, not that I'm implying that blame is to be directed our way.

I disagree about the fact you guys were embarrassing on Saturday; quite the contrary, really. Both games were hard-fought, yet played in the right spirit, and you guys putting on a couple of jugs for us post-match was a great touch.

With the way you guys played in the A Grade, I am quite surprised you've only managed the one win. I am sure I've seen weaker sides this season.

On that note, we're at the halfway mark of the season.

North Haven 9-0
Morphettville Park 7-2
Eastern Park 6-3
Kilburn 6-3
Gepps Cross 4-5

Edwardstown 4-5
Salisbury 3-6
Colonel Light Gardens 3-6
Hectorville 2-7
Smithfield 1-8

Any predictions for the back 9?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Now that ep have some home games they will finish top 2! Will nth haven choke in the back 9 like a couple of years ago? Top 4 looks pretty set .. Smithfield and Heccies to get relegated! 5th will go down to the wire!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Sturtman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:49 pm

If big Tommy Lipson stays on the park they'll poop it in.
I'm number 1, so why try harder!!
Sturtman
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Wisanger

Postby Wazz17 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Now that ep have some home games they will finish top 2! Will nth haven choke in the back 9 like a couple of years ago? Top 4 looks pretty set .. Smithfield and Heccies to get relegated! 5th will go down to the wire!

EP losses have been telling I believe. 10 goal loss to NH is a fair indicator of where they are currently at. The 5 goal loss to Salisbury was not good either.
Kilburn beat them by 6 goals in round one and have them at home next game so a good test for them. Winning that game could give them the top 2 finish you alluded to. With the B's struggling with numbers there is not a lot to choose from and that is not putting pressure on players to hold onto their A grade spots.

Scott McGee & co are great motivators so they will have to be at the top of their game to get the best out of what can be a very potent side.
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Boosh » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:55 am

Wazz17 wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Now that ep have some home games they will finish top 2! Will nth haven choke in the back 9 like a couple of years ago? Top 4 looks pretty set .. Smithfield and Heccies to get relegated! 5th will go down to the wire!

EP losses have been telling I believe. 10 goal loss to NH is a fair indicator of where they are currently at. The 5 goal loss to Salisbury was not good either.
Kilburn beat them by 6 goals in round one and have them at home next game so a good test for them. Winning that game could give them the top 2 finish you alluded to. With the B's struggling with numbers there is not a lot to choose from and that is not putting pressure on players to hold onto their A grade spots.

Scott McGee & co are great motivators so they will have to be at the top of their game to get the best out of what can be a very potent side.

Is it true some of your A Grade players that have been dropped to the B's did not turn up on the weekend? One of your B Grade players told me that on Saturday.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wazz17 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:32 am

Boosh wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:

Is it true some of your A Grade players that have been dropped to the B's did not turn up on the weekend? One of your B Grade players told me that on Saturday.

From what I have been told that is correct. Some obviously think they are bigger than the club and not training the two nights as required was the reason.
Wazz17

Been liked: 23 times

Postby Boosh » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:35 am

We have been down that road as well but over the last few seasons, we have moved past it. Just have to be strong and call their bluff and the culture gradually changes.
We have had some very good A Graders take their omission on the chin come back play well and return to the seniors better for it.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Anyone looking for a free coffee, donut or snag come past CLG as the Nine News crew will be doing sport from the ground from 5pm

Power players, Westies players and scottroo in attendance :D

Plenty of time for some clearances before June 30 too :lol: :lol: (only kidding for those whingy folk)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Brodlach wrote:Anyone looking for a free coffee, donut or snag come past CLG as the Nine News crew will be doing sport from the ground from 5pm

Long way from Ingle Farm - make it a free coffee, donut AND snag and i'm in!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4006 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:00 pm

For the great man Zartan all three and seconds!

Thought the main attraction there would be to see scottroo anyway
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby scottroo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:17 am

Was a busy night signing autographs brodlach
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:20 am

scottroo wrote:Was a busy night signing autographs brodlach

I noticed mate, I lined up but the line was just too long! :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Pag » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Interesting to see how different some teams line up after a week off.

I reckon Kilburn would be pretty happy going to EP and not seeing Winter, Coad, Stewart, Olszewski, Jones etc. Wouldn't surprise if that game is very, very close, even at Dwight Reserve.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby beef » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Pag wrote:Interesting to see how different some teams line up after a week off.

I reckon Kilburn would be pretty happy going to EP and not seeing Winter, Coad, Stewart, Olszewski, Jones etc. Wouldn't surprise if that game is very, very close, even at Dwight Reserve.

Dont worry about those teams mate. Heard there is a very disgruntled player at Salisbury. Josh Mann dropped to the 2's. Thinks he is very stiff. Surprised the ruckman walked straight back into the A grade after his Birthday leave pass the week before the bye. Need to set higher standards mate.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:52 pm

beef wrote:
Pag wrote:Interesting to see how different some teams line up after a week off.

Dont worry about those teams mate. Heard there is a very disgruntled player at Salisbury. Josh Mann dropped to the 2's. Thinks he is very stiff. Surprised the ruckman walked straight back into the A grade after his Birthday leave pass the week before the bye. Need to set higher standards mate.

Awww, poor Joshy :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby youngblood » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:12 am

Is it acceptable to have a 32 minute last quarter when 3 goals are kicked?

Just curious because that is what happened between north haven and morphettville park.
youngblood
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: North Whyalla

Postby Wilbur » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:18 am

youngblood wrote:Is it acceptable to have a 32 minute last quarter when 3 goals are kicked?

Just curious because that is what happened between north haven and morphettville park.

Clearly not just goals which extend time on. 32 min doesn't sound outlandish to me.

As an aside, doesn't each side have a time keeper/MDO?
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby bubba love » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:51 am

Yeah our MDO should of been in the box, last quarter went 5 mins longer than the others, we got the win so not to worried about it
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Be surprised if both Clubs don't have a time keeper sitting together, just to make sure all above board. Silly if they don't! Game at Brighton earlier in year had quarters 35, 38, 32, 33 mins, reckon the 80 year old bloke either did it AFL style and stopped clock for everything or fell asleep, game finished at 5.15pm!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League