USED CAR PROTECTION

Anything!

Re: USED CAR PROTECTION

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 24, 2017 12:11 pm

HH3 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
HH3 wrote:You shouldn't really name and shame if it was an honest mistake, or could it have happened since the car was bought?

How quickly does a cracked head kill the car? Is it instantly f**ked?

That's possible as some dealers barely wash the cars that are traded in before putting them on the market let alone checking them mechanically.

What I mean is, could the head have cracked within the four weeks after purchase? And could you drive a car for four weeks with a cracked head?

I dont know shit. I'm just asking.

You're right and 100% correct with your last statement :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby HH3 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:24 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
HH3 wrote:I dont know shit. I'm just asking.

You're right and 100% correct with your last statement :lol:

I had to get something right eventually.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby stampy » Wed May 24, 2017 2:53 pm

he told me 2 weeks ago he had to top up the radiator every second day and told him to take it for a pressure test at a local radiator joint.

they told him it wasnt the head but it had a leak and would cost $400ish to fix, (no i dont know what kind of leak)

anyways he thought he would get another opinion from a mechanic who pressure tested it yesterday and claims the head gasket is foofed.

i spoke to caryard where he got it and they said to drop it off and they will check it out and doubt it is the head but is probably the manifold gasket which is a common fault with commodores circa 2000, this is a 2001vx

the saga continues
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby HH3 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:58 pm

I think VX's are bad from cracked heads too.

My brother bought one in about 2010 and within a couple of months of going over 200,000kms the head cracked, and he sold the car for peanuts.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 24, 2017 3:08 pm

stampy wrote:he told me 2 weeks ago he had to top up the radiator every second day and told him to take it for a pressure test at a local radiator joint.

they told him it wasnt the head but it had a leak and would cost $400ish to fix, (no i dont know what kind of leak)

anyways he thought he would get another opinion from a mechanic who pressure tested it yesterday and claims the head gasket is foofed.

i spoke to caryard where he got it and they said to drop it off and they will check it out and doubt it is the head but is probably the manifold gasket which is a common fault with commodores circa 2000, this is a 2001vx

the saga continues

Much less of an issue than the actual head being cracked.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stampy » Wed May 24, 2017 8:26 pm

well hopefully thats what is wrong
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu May 25, 2017 8:39 am

Unless it is a factory warranty then he's stuffed unfortunately mate. Even if the car had a warranty from the dealership then it would only kick in after 90 days as people in the past buy cars for less knowing they are ****** and then try to use the warranty to fix them and effectively getting a bargain in the long run.

Also if the vehicle you're buying does not have a factory warranty or an Eric Insurance 4 or 5 star warranty then the warranties aren't worth wiping your arse with. Eric insurance warranties are effectively an extension of the factory warranty and will save you money in the long run providing you get your car regularly serviced as you would if the vehicle was newer.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stampy » Thu May 25, 2017 11:21 am

well i just rang the yard and they have done all sorts of tests and are adamant there is NO LEAK

rang the lad told him to collect it and if temp gauge goes up to call me and i will go and try and sort this shit out

doesnt make ******* sense and patience is being tested here
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Stampy, stop ******* around with the dealership who will always deny deny deny and mechanics that just want to make big bucks for something you may not need, get a RAA diagnostic inspection, its i dependant and thatll tell you exactly what the problem is, you can then take appropriate course of action.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby HH3 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Stampy, stop ******* around with the dealership who will always deny deny deny and mechanics that just want to make big bucks for something you may not need, get a RAA diagnostic inspection, its i dependant and thatll tell you exactly what the problem is, you can then take appropriate course of action.

That should be RAAs slogan.

"RAA - Stop f**king around!"
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:09 pm

HH3 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Stampy, stop ******* around with the dealership who will always deny deny deny and mechanics that just want to make big bucks for something you may not need, get a RAA diagnostic inspection, its i dependant and thatll tell you exactly what the problem is, you can then take appropriate course of action.

That should be RAAs slogan.

"RAA - Stop f**king around!"

Hopefully senior management take note of this slogan if implemented ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby stampy » Thu May 25, 2017 3:53 pm

thanks for the advice footy chic but the horse had bolted i'm afraid.

anyways the dodgy cant fixed it by pouring a sealant in the radiator, (probs why he said there was no leak when i spoke to him earlier on the phone) i noticed it when the lad bought it over, we let the radiator cool a bit then opened the lid and noticed this youngs sealant stuff was on top of the water.

rang the guy and he didnt deny it, says thats the best fix as profit margins are slim, says the boy saw him put the sealant in which my son denied.

had a sometimes heated argument for nearly 30 minutes with this bloke and the conclusions are:

1. purchase a vehicle for under $3001 which doesnt have a warranty and is 15+ old expect problems, just natural so says he.
2. car yards cant be expected to find every little or big problem before they sell a used vehicle
3. be lucky that he was prepared to help as he had no obligation to do so

so peoples do not go looking for a used car down the seaside end of beach road christies beach, especially if under $3001
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:23 pm

stampy wrote:thanks for the advice footy chic but the horse had bolted i'm afraid.

anyways the dodgy cant fixed it by pouring a sealant in the radiator, (probs why he said there was no leak when i spoke to him earlier on the phone) i noticed it when the lad bought it over, we let the radiator cool a bit then opened the lid and noticed this youngs sealant stuff was on top of the water.

rang the guy and he didnt deny it, says thats the best fix as profit margins are slim, says the boy saw him put the sealant in which my son denied.

had a sometimes heated argument for nearly 30 minutes with this bloke and the conclusions are:

1. purchase a vehicle for under $3001 which doesnt have a warranty and is 15+ old expect problems, just natural so says he.
2. car yards cant be expected to find every little or big problem before they sell a used vehicle

so peoples do not go looking for a used car down the seaside end of beach road christies beach, especially if under $3001

I've bought a car from there. It did have a few problems, and he wouldn't even fill the tank for me. I literally had to pull in to the BP on Beach Rd.

I spent $10k on it as well.

This would've been in 2010.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 4:30 pm

stampy wrote:thanks for the advice footy chic but the horse had bolted i'm afraid.

What's their name?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby stampy » Thu May 25, 2017 4:36 pm

BEACH ROAD AUTO CARE
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Reviews on Google paint a bad picture too.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Where's our blacklisted company thread?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Ian » Sun May 28, 2017 9:57 am

Go and talk to them, I have heard of a number of cases where the used car dealer has come through with some help, often, they pay for parts, you pay labour. When they have no statutory responsibility to do anything that is probably as much as you can hope for.
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Ian » Sun May 28, 2017 10:13 am

Beach Rd Auto Centre and Beach Road Auto Care are 1 in the same, is that correct Stampy?

I just checked their Web site, they are members of the MTA (Motor Trades Association)

Our Cars
No matter whether your price bracket is $500 or $10,000, we have on average 50 cars to choose from.

With our onsite workshop, you can buy with confidence knowing that the cars we offer have been serviced and thoroughly checked prior to sale. Additionally we are members of the Motor Traders Association (MTA).

Give the MTA a call, they may put pressure on the dealer to do the right thing by you regardless of legal obligation.

The MTA membership represents all sectors of the retail motor trades. Members abide by a strict Code of Conduct to ensure they are the professionals of the Industry.
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 11:03 am

Ian wrote:Beach Rd Auto Centre and Beach Road Auto Care are 1 in the same, is that correct Stampy?

I just checked their Web site, they are members of the MTA (Motor Trades Association)

Our Cars
No matter whether your price bracket is $500 or $10,000, we have on average 50 cars to choose from.

With our onsite workshop, you can buy with confidence knowing that the cars we offer have been serviced and thoroughly checked prior to sale. Additionally we are members of the Motor Traders Association (MTA).

Give the MTA a call, they may put pressure on the dealer to do the right thing by you regardless of legal obligation.

The MTA membership represents all sectors of the retail motor trades. Members abide by a strict Code of Conduct to ensure they are the professionals of the Industry.

Absolutely, any money saved is money you didn't spend.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion