Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby MW » Mon May 15, 2017 6:30 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:Matt Crouch -

v Melb 20 of 29 touches uncontested.
v North 23 of 38 touches uncontested.
v Richmond 24 of 38 touches uncontested.
v Gold Coast 20 of 35 touches uncontested.

All in all very good numbers, but you don't notice him because he's not in there winning it for himself as the gun midfielders do.

Nothing happens with his possessions, if the opp were concerned about him he wouldnt be getting 35 touches. Alot of Licuria about him.

Agree, that's why i never notice him
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby stan » Mon May 15, 2017 8:55 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:Matt Crouch -

v Melb 20 of 29 touches uncontested.
v North 23 of 38 touches uncontested.
v Richmond 24 of 38 touches uncontested.
v Gold Coast 20 of 35 touches uncontested.

All in all very good numbers, but you don't notice him because he's not in there winning it for himself as the gun midfielders do.

Nothing happens with his possessions, if the opp were concerned about him he wouldnt be getting 35 touches. Alot of Licuria about him.

Licuria?
Does he cry when they lose too? [emoji38]

Im not that bothered to see a player shedding a tear after a loss. Recall tbat was a GF and really its not the worst thing to know how much it means t someone.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby saintal » Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 am

Good for a morning chuckle..

Adelaide Crows chief Andrew Fagan’s directive — don’t Crow over our exclusive fans

RIVAL fans entering the Adelaide Crows’ most exclusive match-day inner sanctum are being urged by the club chief to tone down “vocal” barracking to avoid upsetting well-heeled loyal supporters.

In a note to members of the Crows’ $6800-per-person Premiership Club, Adelaide chief executive officer Andrew Fagan says he understands some guests in their Adelaide Oval Riverbank Stand suite were “vocal supporters of the opposition team” during the Crows’ 41-point loss to Melbourne last Saturday night. Mr Fagan stresses the inclusive football club has allowed opposition fans to attend the dining room and spectator suite as members’ guests for many years and that should continue. But he asks the members, who include some of the state’s top companies and business identities, to ensure their guests behave appropriately to avoid causing match-day discomfort.

“It is important, however, that each of our Premiership Club members ensure that when inviting guests that you clearly articulate to them that the room contains a loyal and passionate AFC supporter base,” he says. “ ... Whilst supporting other teams is expected, the manner in which this occurs should be respectful of the unique nature of this facility, its premium offering and its core membership.

“If members can address this with your invited guests prior to the match day, then it alleviates anyone feeling uncomfortable on the day of the game.”
It is understood some Premiership Club members enjoyed lively repartee with the Melbourne-supporting guests until half time, when the Crows lead by 10 points, but the mood soured when the Demons piled on 12 goals to Adelaide’s three in the second half.

Touted as offering “football at its finest from an unrivalled position” as part of the Crows’ “premier match-day offering”, the Premiership Suite’s annual fee brings benefits including three-course fine dining, a premium beverage package and guest speakers.
The Advertiser has been told club legend Tony Modra was among Saturday’s patrons, along with Crows chief operating officer Nigel Smart and his fellow dual premiership player Peter Caven.

The 30 Premiership Club members listed on the Crows’ website include Baker Young Stockbrokers, CMI Toyota, Phil Hoffman Travel, St Andrew’s Hospital, Port Lincoln fishing magnate Joe Puglisi, legal firm MinterEllison and the suite sponsor, Woodside’s Bird in Hand winery.
Adelaide Oval’s fan behaviour code of conduct says patrons should “support your team in a loud, passionate and enthusiastic manner, where appropriate”, while respecting patrons regardless of team affiliation.

An Adelaide Football Club spokesman declined to comment on Mr Fagan’s letter, which says he appreciates that football is an emotive game.
“The Premiership Suite is one of those unique environments combining premium fine dining and intimacy, with passion and a strong connection with what’s happening on the field,” Mr Fagan says. “We are confident that through adherence to the above we can ensure that, together, we all enjoy our day at the footy, irrespective of the outcome of the match.”
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:05 am

No problem with the "banter" when Adelaide were up in the first half.

The moment the Dees get on top- "we pay $7000 a year for these tickets, please tone it down".

Carn.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 18, 2017 10:07 am

Go to the Adelaide Club if you want that bullshit.

Cringeworthy, I had to check it wasn't 1/4/17

#wesookasone
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby stan » Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 am

I did read that article, thought it was bit of a piss take really. Maybe not and Fagan is serious here or has been misquoted. Wouldnt be the first time the fish wrapper did that. Either way its like saying we are happy to take you money, just dont be too opposition supporterish please.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
stan
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu May 18, 2017 10:16 am

That has to have come from one of those satire sites surely!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Spargo » Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 am

saintal wrote:It is understood some Premiership Club members enjoyed lively repartee with the Melbourne-supporting guests until half time, when the Crows lead by 10 points, but the mood soured when the Demons piled on 12 goals to Adelaide’s three in the second half.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
#frontrunners
#precious
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 18, 2017 10:30 am

stan wrote:I did read that article, thought it was bit of a piss take really. Maybe not and Fagan is serious here or has been misquoted. Wouldnt be the first time the fish wrapper did that. Either way its like saying we are happy to take you money, just dont be too opposition supporterish please.

Hard to be mis-quoted when its direct from a letter.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 18, 2017 10:37 am

I guess there's really only one question to come from this. Plenty of disparaging remarks will follow in this thread, I'm far from finished.

However, how do I get a guernsey to this aforementioned shindig at the next Showdown?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu May 18, 2017 10:43 am

Booney wrote:I guess there's really only one question to come from this. Plenty of disparaging remarks will follow in this thread, I'm far from finished.

However, how do I get a guernsey to this aforementioned shindig at the next Showdown?

Bring a tray of apricot slice perhaps?

I wouldn't worry too much as they will probably ban opposition support by the time the next showdown rolls around.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 am

Booney wrote:I guess there's really only one question to come from this. Plenty of disparaging remarks will follow in this thread, I'm far from finished.

The experience would be poor, Boon.

For a start- dress code prevents the display of any Nazi related paraphernalia.

You would also have to have a fair arm to be able to hit Eddie with a banana, or any accessible delicacy.

It is also extremely unlikely that you would have any other Port supporters available to brawl with at the conclusion of the match.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu May 18, 2017 11:14 am

To be fair to some of these elite crows people, it was probably their first time at a game...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 18, 2017 11:23 am

valleys07 wrote:

The experience would be poor, Boon.

For a start- dress code prevents the display of any Nazi related paraphernalia.

You would also have to have a fair arm to be able to hit Eddie with a banana, or any accessible delicacy.

It is also extremely unlikely that you would have any other Port supporters available to brawl with at the conclusion of the match.

Completely **** up 3 of my favorite things to do at the footy. Completely.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 18, 2017 11:25 am

Perhaps they could get the SMA to play something like this on the big screen when the opposition scores?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:35 am

I did hear roo say this morning it was poor journalism and wasn't true.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:38 am

woodublieve12 wrote:I did hear roo say this morning it was poor journalism and wasn't true.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it direct from a letter?

How is that poor journalism?

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am

woodublieve12 wrote:I did hear roo say this morning it was poor journalism and wasn't true.

Was that Roo the Triple M knucklehead or Roo the Adelaide Squealers Board Member speaking?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Thu May 18, 2017 11:49 am

Dutchy wrote:
stan wrote:I did read that article, thought it was bit of a piss take really. Maybe not and Fagan is serious here or has been misquoted. Wouldnt be the first time the fish wrapper did that. Either way its like saying we are happy to take you money, just dont be too opposition supporterish please.

Hard to be mis-quoted when its direct from a letter.

Maybe Im just hoping that this was all bit more of a beat up and the letter was just a code of conduct thing in general.
stan
Coach

Postby MW » Thu May 18, 2017 11:54 am

Booney wrote:

Was that Roo the Triple M knucklehead or Roo the Adelaide Squealers Board Member speaking?

Might have been Roo, the match day special comments man for all Port home games :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL