ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:07 pm

thevoice wrote:Is he looking at a coaching gig somewhere? A few A1-A3 jobs available. Modbury, Fulham, Port Adelaide & Ingle Farm all advertised up on ATCA website.

He could be a key fit for Ingle Farm - that genuine top order batsman that they're lacking at the moment.

Throw in Wordsworth and another bat to that side and I reckon they'd be right up there when the whips are cracking.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Harry49 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Zartan wrote:
thevoice wrote:Is he looking at a coaching gig somewhere? A few A1-A3 jobs available. Modbury, Fulham, Port Adelaide & Ingle Farm all advertised up on ATCA website.

He could be a key fit for Ingle Farm - that genuine top order batsman that they're lacking at the moment.

Throw in Wordsworth and another bat to that side and I reckon they'd be right up there when the whips are cracking.

It's not happening Zartan. Not going anywhere. Im sure he would be a key fit for any side...
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Harry49 wrote:It's not happening Zartan. Not going anywhere. Im sure he would be a key fit for any side...

Little touchy Harry :lol:

Never know, for the right price.. ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Didn't Travis coach Para Hills last year after Quinn went to Goodwood? I'd be very surprised if he left Para Hills.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Wordsworth staying up at the hornets im hearing.

Ive heard that there a few northern jets contemplating taking up turf cricket, not sure of names yet but theres apparently 2-3, not just headed to pooraka too from what ive heard.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 am

My mail is Wordsworth is bemused by this discussion ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:My mail is Wordsworth is bemused by this discussion ;)

We all loved Boxy when he came to the Farm for a season, just not tough enough to stick it out, Trav would be no different either. Stay at the Hornets Trav, be like the Farmers, nearly good enough but not quite.
Nothing wrong with that.
Spew Spew.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:Wordsworth staying up at the hornets im hearing.

Ive heard that there a few northern jets contemplating taking up turf cricket, not sure of names yet but theres apparently 2-3, not just headed to pooraka too from what ive heard.

Im interested to hear what clubs they would look at if no Pooraka. also names would be good.... Northerns sound like they are in a bit of strife!
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Im interested to hear what clubs they would look at if no Pooraka. also names would be good.... Northerns sound like they are in a bit of strife!

Ill de-code that one.. Who are they and would they come to Brahma Lodge?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:36 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

you got that wrong.. im more interested to know who and where because I know players out there and wondered if it was any of them... i stay well away from who is coming and going at the club thats for the commitee to worry about :)
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Been liked: 25 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

you got that wrong.. im more interested to know who and where because I know players out there and wondered if it was any of them... i stay well away from who is coming and going at the club thats for the commitee to worry about :)

Well if you know them - ask them?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:13 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Are you going? ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Whatsfordinner » Tue May 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Are northern clubs struggling at the moment? Obviously the likes of pooraka and para hills are fine.. but with all ingle farm, modbury and golden grove seeking playing coaches. Is this a problem? Hopefully they can all find someone to fill the role, probably easier for ingle farm than the others being a2 and much stronger.
Whatsfordinner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:Are northern clubs struggling at the moment? Obviously the likes of pooraka and para hills are fine.. but with all ingle farm, modbury and golden grove seeking playing coaches. Is this a problem? Hopefully they can all find someone to fill the role, probably easier for ingle farm than the others being a2 and much stronger.

I'm not sure you can insinuate these clubs are struggling just because they are looking for a coach, but good coaches are hard to find.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Reilly » Tue May 09, 2017 9:58 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:Are northern clubs struggling at the moment? Obviously the likes of pooraka and para hills are fine.. but with all ingle farm, modbury and golden grove seeking playing coaches. Is this a problem? Hopefully they can all find someone to fill the role, probably easier for ingle farm than the others being a2 and much stronger.

I'm not sure you can insinuate these clubs are struggling just because they are looking for a coach, but good coaches are hard to find.

Plenty of coaching positions being advertised from all areas this year, not just northern clubs. Concordia, Fulham & Pembroke just to name a few.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Whatsfordinner » Tue May 09, 2017 10:16 am

Yeah fair enough, do you think there's any reason for it? Too much for one bloke to take on? Not enough cash?
Do the top clubs (PAOC/pooraka) normally hire coaches or just trust the leaders of their a grade to take it on?
Whatsfordinner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Reilly » Tue May 09, 2017 10:49 am

Whatsfordinner wrote:Yeah fair enough, do you think there's any reason for it? Too much for one bloke to take on? Not enough cash?
Do the top clubs (PAOC/pooraka) normally hire coaches or just trust the leaders of their a grade to take it on?

I know I wouldn't do it! Not for the cash they get paid and the hours they have to put in. It's a pretty tough gig and I think you have to be pretty passionate about the game and the guys you're coaching. If you're just chasing the coin you're in the wrong business! I think a lot of people don't realise the dedication it takes and once they realise they don't last long. I'm still surprised with the number of clubs that are advertising this year. Certainly a lot more than previous years.
Reilly

Postby Trader » Tue May 09, 2017 11:13 am

Yeah does depend on what the role is.

If you were doing the bare minimum, for a club with only senior teams 1 3 hour session on 6 sundays for preseason, then 6-8 Tuesday, 6-9 (inc selection) on Thursdays, 12-7 on Saturdays for 24 weeks = 306 hours over the season. $8,000 = $26/hr, possibly tax free depending on what you negotiated.

Other coaches will get more involved, do a longer preseason, that includes a mid-week indoor session as well as sunday, hang around a bit more after trainings and games, might get involved in finding players week to week, and dealing with general club politics, etc, might push them up closer to 450 or 500 hours a season, in which case the hourly rate drops towards $15.

Clubs with juniors means more sessions per week, and time on sundays as well, but those sort of clubs will often pay more than $8,000 too.

That said, there are also some clubs out there that would be having coaches do 400 hours, and only getting 4-5k. They are the ones certainly doing it for the love of the game.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Reilly » Tue May 09, 2017 11:28 am

Trader wrote:Yeah does depend on what the role is.

If you were doing the bare minimum, for a club with only senior teams 1 3 hour session on 6 sundays for preseason, then 6-8 Tuesday, 6-9 (inc selection) on Thursdays, 12-7 on Saturdays for 24 weeks = 306 hours over the season. $8,000 = $26/hr, possibly tax free depending on what you negotiated.

Other coaches will get more involved, do a longer preseason, that includes a mid-week indoor session as well as sunday, hang around a bit more after trainings and games, might get involved in finding players week to week, and dealing with general club politics, etc, might push them up closer to 450 or 500 hours a season, in which case the hourly rate drops towards $15.

Clubs with juniors means more sessions per week, and time on sundays as well, but those sort of clubs will often pay more than $8,000 too.

That said, there are also some clubs out there that would be having coaches do 400 hours, and only getting 4-5k. They are the ones certainly doing it for the love of the game.

I know our coach does a lot more hours than that and is well underpaid for all the effort he puts in. Couldn't meet a more passionate bloke about the game though.
Reilly

Postby Trader » Tue May 09, 2017 11:31 am

If a coach is doing more than 20 hours a week for 25 weeks, something is wrong IMO.
Either the committee (for off field issues), or the captains (for on field stuff) need to start pulling their weight a bit more.

I would be interested to know what your coach does each week to fill that much time.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps