Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:50 am

THE Port Adelaide Football Club has secured major sponsorship from a Chinese-backed developer spearheading more than $1.2 billion of hotel and apartment developments in Adelaide and Sydney.

Greaton, whose managing director is Chinese-born, Adelaide-based businessman Nicho Teng, has partnered with the Power this season in an undisclosed one-year deal.

It comes two days after Adelaide Football Club announced a major sponsorship deal with China Southern Airlines.

Greaton is building the $300 million West Franklin apartment project on the former Balfours site in the Adelaide CBD

Last year it paid $730 million for a hotel development in Sydney’s Darling Harbour in the largest transaction of its type in Australia. It is also building a $260 million housing project in western Sydney.

Mr Teng, who moved to Australia in 2004 as a teenager to complete his high school and tertiary studies, is also founder and director of Adelaide-based LED lighting company Haneco Lighting, which has 70 employees across Australia.

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said the deal would place Greaton as a premium sponsor alongside brands such as Cathay Pacific, RAA and Bank SA.

“It’s another great example of how our China Engagement Strategy is working,” he said.

“Nicho supports the idea that it’s good for both China and Australia to do business together and sport is a vehicle, if used properly, to break down those barriers that sometimes occur — whether they be language (or) cultural barriers — and to build relationships and trust.

“I like to think this will be a long-term relationship. We certainly see Nicho and his business being very good for SA.”

Mr Teng has also been a member of Port Adelaide’s China Power Club, which matches Australian and Chinese businesses in exclusive club events.

He said he was sure the relationship would continue beyond this season.

“We work on trust and they are an honourable football club,” he said. “I think it is very good to use sport as the language to communicate with SA and China.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:33 am

How do people see Brett Eddy in the Port side? I thought he was a key ingredient a few weeks ago - genuine lead up forward who could take the pressure and spotlight away from Dixon.

Watching last night though, I thought he looked a little slow and a step behind the rest, his "pressure" efforts were poor too.

Is he worth persisting with because of the value in freeing up the likes of Dixon a bit, or does he make way for Hartlett/Pittard type to return off half back?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:37 am

Zartan wrote:How do people see Brett Eddy in the Port side? I thought he was a key ingredient a few weeks ago - genuine lead up forward who could take the pressure and spotlight away from Dixon.

Watching last night though, I thought he looked a little slow and a step behind the rest, his "pressure" efforts were poor too.

Is he worth persisting with because of the value in freeing up the likes of Dixon a bit, or does he make way for Hartlett/Pittard type to return off half back?

Via my TV last night.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:41 am

Help helped Charlie Dixon get off the chain a bit last night IMO, but hard to know when the opposition was so poor
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:How do people see Brett Eddy in the Port side? I thought he was a key ingredient a few weeks ago - genuine lead up forward who could take the pressure and spotlight away from Dixon.

Via my TV last night.

Classic Lightning right there....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:54 am

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Via my TV last night.

Classic Lightning right there....

Monday morning
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Via my TV last night.

Wow how about that, he was on mine too!
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:36 pm

stan and Lightning live together? :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Booney wrote:stan and Lightning live together? :shock:

Yep, here we are.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:00 pm

I thought Eddy was ok.
I thought his pressure acts were quite good and allowed Dixon to compete one on one which Dixon relished finally.

He's not going to be a star but I think he has a role to play as the 3rd tall.

I think Young might be the one to go to make way for Hartlett and allow Eddy to play again.

Also having the luxury of Robbie Gray playing forward with Wingard, you don't need Young as that medium sized forward.
Just my thoughts though!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:12 pm

Monfries did a reasonable hammy late last week - 3-4 weeks.

Howard off the injured list next week from his ACL.

Monfries will be the only one on the injured list.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:14 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

I thought Eddy was ok.
I thought his pressure acts were quite good and allowed Dixon to compete one on one which Dixon relished finally.

He's not going to be a star but I think he has a role to play as the 3rd tall.

I think Young might be the one to go to make way for Hartlett and allow Eddy to play again.

Also having the luxury of Robbie Gray playing forward with Wingard, you don't need Young as that medium sized forward.
Just my thoughts though!

Might be decided by match ups. If Jenkins doesn't come up then Jonas>McGovern, Clurey>Walker and Hombsch 3rd man, means Trengove could go forward again with Dixon. If Jenkins does come up then Trengove probably stays back on him and Eddy will stay in.

Hartlett back in for Amon. Pittard and Krakouer I'd like to see have a run before coming in. Make them earn it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Booney wrote:Monfries did a reasonable hammy late last week - 3-4 weeks.

Do you think Monfries will break into the side even if fit?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:21 pm

MW wrote:

No. He's been over taken by Young in that role and with Powell-Pepper coming in and releasing Gray forward I think Gus might have played his last AFL game.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:23 pm

agree
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:24 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

No. He's been over taken by Young in that role and with Powell-Pepper coming in and releasing Gray forward I think Gus might have played his last AFL game.

Agree with Booney here.
Young and even Eddy play before Gus.
I'd be bringing Palmer back before Gus as well.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:00 pm

I can't see the love for Eddy. Good player at SANFL level but not enough tricks for AFL for mine. Also, too slow & doesn't apply enough defensive pressure for mine. I do like him, but if he's playing any more than 4-5 games this year, we're not playing any finals. For mine he offers about the same value as Butcher used to.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:09 am

Ruben Carter wrote:I can't see the love for Eddy. Good player at SANFL level but not enough tricks for AFL for mine. Also, too slow & doesn't apply enough defensive pressure for mine. I do like him, but if he's playing any more than 4-5 games this year, we're not playing any finals. For mine he offers about the same value as Butcher used to.

Agree and disagree. He's a natural forward, he reads the game well ( don't kick 70 goals at league level if you can't ) and I think he offers something Dixon is lacking (at the moment) , game smarts as a forward. Eddy's been playing as a full time forward longer than Dixon has been, regardless of level.

I do however think he's just under sized to play at AFL level as a full time forward.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:39 am

Ruben Carter wrote: For mine he offers about the same value as Butcher used to.

But with a better kick for goal I'd hope :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:51 am

heater31 wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote: For mine he offers about the same value as Butcher used to.

But with a better kick for goal I'd hope :shock:

Still takes some of the focus away from Dixon
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL