St Peters OC
1%
Tea Tree Gully
8%

Total votes : 73

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Postby jo172 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
jo172 wrote:My suspicion is that Goodwood, ROCS and PNU will have caught up to PAOC to the extent they're not as dominant as they were in 2016. Guessing a very even top 4, and then a reasonable fall away to fifth (raffle between Port Districts, Modbury and Adelaide Uni).

So, you have TTG fighting it out with Salisbury North and SPOC for relegation?

TTG a fair bit ahead of those two (in my remarkably uninformed spurious view). Far greater depth/junior set-up to cover departures. Should probably be grouped with PD, Modbury and Uni on reflection.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Ok @The Joker I've raised it on your behalf - although it seems that you were listed as the away team v's PAOC at Salisbury Nth Oval in R6.

Quote HQ:

The fixture generator spits out a draw. If the Fixture generator can’t fix a problem, the league has to do it manually and they’ve done that now so now you have 4 home games.

To quote HQ “I’d be pissed off too if I only had 2 matches but thanks for letting us know, we’ll fix it”

Probably would’ve helped if someone from your club actually raised it with them given they have 80 clubs to sort through because this was fixed in about 3 minutes and would’ve saved you from a meltdown. ;) Don't say I don't do nothin' for ya ;)

Dolphin Treasure, it has to happen to you every year because you're the home of the Clipsal Concert Ground. I thought this was always at CBC's request. (well not request but you just couldn't have games there)

Yes it is by request (for lack of a better word). The school also takes priority over us for use of the oval. Luckily for us in my experience the school & league has been accomadating but by no means do we get everything our own way.

I was doubtful the league would deliberately do a draw to benefit a college side over a suburban club. The fact that the draw is done randomly through a computer program has confirmed my doubts.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:50 pm

few more denied from salisbury north today .........................
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:few more denied from salisbury north today .........................

Is Salisbury North the first club to really take the "3x player to one club" rule seriously and stop these C graders from going to Para Hills?

They struggling for numbers that bad are they? Surely it's not going to end well for SN if they are being petty and denying blokes who only played low grades from leaving.. can't see many of them changing their mind and committing to SN..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:few more denied from salisbury north today .........................

Is Salisbury North the first club to really take the "3x player to one club" rule seriously and stop these C graders from going to Para Hills?

They struggling for numbers that bad are they? Surely it's not going to end well for SN if they are being petty and denying blokes who only played low grades from leaving.. can't see many of them changing their mind and committing to SN..

Last night at the delegates meeting I think the 3 player rule was changed so that it only applies to people worth APPS points. Not sure when the rule change comes in. I was very hungover and not paying much attention.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Cash 123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:50 am

Seems to be a few issues with the fixtures this year.

Numerous clubs having blocks of home or away games upto 4 at a time.

Not sure why this is the case can understand 2 games in a row but when your playing 4 away in a row can create issues.
Cash 123
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:48 am

From what I understand this year is a bit of an outlier where the League has had to factor in Oval unavailability across a few clubs which has led to some strange results. ROCS for example can't use Campbelltown due to their re-development for the last 5 weeks of the season.

As long as you play 9 and 9 there shouldn't be any dramas.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby bird of prey » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 pm

jo172 wrote:From what I understand this year is a bit of an outlier where the League has had to factor in Oval unavailability across a few clubs which has led to some strange results. ROCS for example can't use Campbelltown due to their re-development for the last 5 weeks of the season.

Exactly right. Some people here are carrying on like the league has taken away all a clubs home games.
As though it makes that big a difference to your form whether you're playing home or away. It's not like it's interstate or out of town travel or anything.
If you get 9 home games and 9 away for the season, then just relax a little.
So what if you get a run of a few away games in a row. It all balances out. Jesus!
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby lumeqopo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Most of the clubs in Div 1 have played at these 'away' grounds before. So there are no surprises. Just win. 9 at home and 9 away.
lumeqopo
Mini-League

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby easy TIGA » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:18 pm

bird of prey wrote:
jo172 wrote:From what I understand this year is a bit of an outlier where the League has had to factor in Oval unavailability across a few clubs which has led to some strange results. ROCS for example can't use Campbelltown due to their re-development for the last 5 weeks of the season.

Exactly right. Some people here are carrying on like the league has taken away all a clubs home games.
As though it makes that big a difference to your form whether you're playing home or away. It's not like it's interstate or out of town travel or anything.
If you get 9 home games and 9 away for the season, then just relax a little.
So what if you get a run of a few away games in a row. It all balances out. Jesus!

I disagree, it matters a fair bit, confidence is pretty important. Eg, if salisbury north have an even first nine they may be 4-5 taking into consideration they win their home games, currently 2-7. I know what I'd take. Sounds like they may be thin on depth, players lose patience, stop having fun, rest is history. Not saying it's the end but a healthy start is important.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby bird of prey » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 pm

I think you're placing too much importance on the "home game". Players couldn't give a toss where they play. I know I don't.
Unless it involves 2+ hours of travel, then it wouldn't even matter.
Plus, on the flip side. If your argument is true. Nothing better than if you are lucky enough to win an away game, and then you come home with a wet sail and play more games at your "fortress" in the 2nd half of the season.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Having seen PNU comfortably beat Salisbury North at Salisbury only to lose a home final to Salisbury North two weeks later I'm confident the Hawks don't read too much into home ground advantage
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:34 pm

jo172 wrote:Having seen PNU comfortably beat Salisbury North at Salisbury only to lose a home final to Salisbury North two weeks later I'm confident the Hawks don't read too much into home ground advantage

Clearly the Falcs don't mind the travel. Playing a trial on Surfers this weekend. :shock:

Did you get a gig on that junket mate? Surely you, Sponger and Georgous George can write that one off on tax :D
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:44 pm

Who made the City v Country side? Worth getting there early for?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Never mind, google fu found it!

CITY SQUAD

1 Matt Langridge Adelaide University
2 Shaun Baker Broadview
3 Matthew Delmenico Sacred Heart OC
4 Lachlan Giles Scotch OS
5 Blake Harris Unley Mercedes Jets
6 Craig Holm Rostrevor OC
7 Nick Langridge Adelaide University
8 Mitch Parr Sacred Heart OC
9 Michael Sharpe Salisbury North
10 Anthony Skara Goodwood Saints
11 Matthew Stent Tea Tree Gully
12 Lou Whitelock Goodwood Saints
13 Nick Petch Unley Mercedes Jets
14 Matthew Weistra Port District
15 Michael Clinch Salisbury North
16 Ronnie Rankin Modbury
17 Brad Geddes Henley
18 Ryan Marini Pembroke OS
19 Will Rivers Brighton Bombers
20 Liam Verity Modbury
21 Nicholas Wark Unley Mercedes Jets
22 Lachlan Button Sacred Heart OC
23 Jordan Lockwood St Peters OC
24 Scott Hunt Brighton Bombers
25 Brayden DePrinse Broadview

Having this game the same weekend as the Champions of Australia matches would seem poorly thought out. Would have thought a smattering of PAOC, Reynella, Moonta and Barossa District players would be worthy of selection in the two teams.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:57 pm

There are a number of those blokes not playing as their clubs are also having trials.

Pembroke isn't represented, I don't think Matty Stent is playing as he wasn't out at training during the week and haven't seen Holmy either.

The Brighton boys have settled in well - great lads and there's a Phantoms player in the squad too, whose name escapes me, 1st year player at the club, played in the Riverland and some footy for Sturt.

Dale Laslett is also an IN.

It was the Country folk that pretty much dictated the date think... it's not one we would've chosen - it's normally played on Easter Sunday. It's been hard with clubs still playing trials where coaches want to see their players play, instead of running round Adelaide oval, PAOC players can't play, PNU players are in QLD.... yada yada yada...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby bandar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Footy Chick wrote:There are a number of those blokes not playing as their clubs are also having trials.

Pembroke isn't represented, I don't think Matty Stent is playing as he wasn't out at training during the week and haven't seen Holmy either.

The Brighton boys have settled in well - great lads and there's a Phantoms player in the squad too, whose name escapes me, 1st year player at the club, played in the Riverland and some footy for Sturt.

Dale Laslett is also an IN.

It was the Country folk that pretty much dictated the date think... it's not one we would've chosen - it's normally played on Easter Sunday. It's been hard with clubs still playing trials where coaches want to see their players play, instead of running round Adelaide oval, PAOC players can't play, PNU players are in QLD.... yada yada yada...

2 Phantoms in the squad the one you are thinking of is Richie O'Grady which is interesting he hasn't played a trial with us yet.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:16 am

jo172 wrote:Who made the City v Country side? Worth getting there early for?

Is this the curtain raiser for the Crows v Giants?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Jimmy, who ended up winning the Champions of Australia carnival?

Edit, never mind, googled (http://australianchampionsleague.com.au/)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:18 am

So, it looks like Shane Tuck will focus on boxing and not play at all for Goodwood Saints. There will be a lot of Div 1 midfielders hoping his boxing career continues to be successful.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League