US

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: US

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:02 am

stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Whoa there nelly

How is possibly me being a "lefty" just for suggesting it's interesting for someone to be sacked 3 hours after making what seems on the surface somewhat reasonable (although extraordinary) comments.

What exactly am I supposed to "get" there Grenville?

Ive just been wanting to call you a lefty for a while there nedly...

What I am saying with any administration right or wrongly if your not towing the line, even if that goes against your personal values then the position is no longer tenable for you. If that was her stance she should of resigned anyway.

Trumpy maybe a bit bat crap crazy but you need to do your job professionally or resign if it is a conflict with you own values.

Thats all there is to that lefty.

Well an Attorney General saying it is potentially unlawful isn't exactly going against her values though, is it? It's a person much better served at interpreting the law than Bankrupt V4.0.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11096 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:20 am

Funny how Trump is getting shitbagged for all the same stuff that Obama did
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1133 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:38 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Whoa there nelly

How is possibly me being a "lefty" just for suggesting it's interesting for someone to be sacked 3 hours after making what seems on the surface somewhat reasonable (although extraordinary) comments.

What exactly am I supposed to "get" there Grenville?

Ive just been wanting to call you a lefty for a while there nedly...

What I am saying with any administration right or wrongly if your not towing the line, even if that goes against your personal values then the position is no longer tenable for you. If that was her stance she should of resigned anyway.

Trumpy maybe a bit bat crap crazy but you need to do your job professionally or resign if it is a conflict with you own values.

Thats all there is to that lefty.

Well an Attorney General saying it is potentially unlawful isn't exactly going against her values though, is it? It's a person much better served at interpreting the law than Bankrupt V4.0.

You are right there, but doesnt his excutive order make it law? Or is there some form or legislation process required. Im not all up on US law to be honest.

But still either way he can still sack her though. Evenif she is right and ahe probably is but hes the president and she is the acting attorney general.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:44 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Funny how Trump is getting shitbagged for all the same stuff that Obama did

Not sure they are exactly the same adter the first week.
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:57 am

stan wrote:You are right there, but doesnt his excutive order make it law? Or is there some form or legislation process required. Im not all up on US law to be honest.

I think executive orders allow the president to unilaterally implement particular policies for the day-to-day administration of government, and the power for the Prez to do so is either conferred under the Constitution or by legislation. They have legal effect, but can be subject to review and struck down if inconsistent with either.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:01 am

He can't contravene existing law or the constitution either. It's more telling them how to implement existing laws.

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-31/what-is-an-executive-order/8225770?pfmredir=sm
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:39 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Funny how Trump is getting shitbagged for all the same stuff that Obama did

Better than being teabagged.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:40 am

I read something yesterday that was interesting. I don't know how true it is, but this is the jist.

Last week, Trump talked to the Saudi's and pretty much said "You need to set up Safe Zones for Syrian refugees, or the US is pulling out completely and you're on your own".

The Saudis agreed, and now will welcome refugees and protect them. At the same time, Trump closed the US borders to the countries the refugees were fleeing from, to stop ISIS from passing themselves off as refugees and getting into the US. (Like they have in Germany and other European countries)

Apparently the visa thing will only be temporary, and having the refugees stay in the Middle East, it will make it easier to integrate them into their communities, and also allows them to travel back to their homeland easier once/if the conflict dies down.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN15D14L
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Yeah, apparently Obama did the same thing with refugees but for a longer period than Trump & no one said a word. Also where were all these women when Clinton was smoking flavoured cigars.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 584 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby shoe boy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:47 am

Trump is a disgrace but the Yanks have got what they deserve.

In my opinion this bloke will not last for 2 years dead or alive .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 491 times
Been liked: 208 times

Postby stan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:56 am

shoe boy wrote:Trump is a disgrace but the Yanks have got what they deserve.

In my opinion this bloke will not last for 2 years dead or alive .

So your saying hes the president they deserve not the one they need?
stan
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:41 am

cracka wrote:

Yeah, apparently Obama did the same thing with refugees but for a longer period than Trump & no one said a word. Also where were all these women when Clinton was smoking flavoured cigars.

Also, the abortion order he signed is the exact same one EVERY Republican president signs. That's just a party policy.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Genuinely can't believe this bloke is the president of America. Him and his team are very dangerous

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3064 times
Been liked: 2430 times

Postby stan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:07 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Genuinely can't believe this bloke is the president of America. Him and his team are very dangerous

At times it seems like its unbelievable, but is the US and anything is possible at times. Hes basically a walking headline.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:13 pm

https://www.facebook.com/FilmingCops/vi ... 309437661/
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1133 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Leaping Lindner » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:04 pm

I see Trump is sticking it to "the elites" and looking at repealing the Dodd Frank act.
Seriously, who in their right mind thought a bloke who has stomped on working class people all his life was going to be their savior? 8-}
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Psyber » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm not a Trump fan at all, in fact he horrifies me, but he has a point about media and "fake news"...

In the link below the writer says he rejected Melania's hand-holding by patting her hand away, and yet it is clear he took her hand, squeezed it gently, patted it, and only then let go. Agreed there seem to be other signs all is not well in the relationship but this isn't one of them.

https://au.be.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sex-a ... -be/#page1

I think it is time I got rid of my yahoo account and stopped using Yahoo 7 as my home page!
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 397 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Magellan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:35 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:I see Trump is sticking it to "the elites" and looking at repealing the Dodd Frank act.
Seriously, who in their right mind thought a bloke who has stomped on working class people all his life was going to be their savior? 8-}

You would've thought that his choice of China as the place of manufacture for his merchandise would've been a dead giveaway.
Magellan
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Trump making up attacks in Sweden he heard on Fox News. Haha!!! So what was he saying about fake news. Moron
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:33 am

Trump has gone full retard
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics