Australian International Summer

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer

Postby Coach Bombay » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Well done South Africa, no AB and no Steyn, they were terrific. Maddinson out for Patterson and I think we should be right.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:Well done South Africa, no AB and no Steyn, they were terrific. Maddinson out for Patterson and I think we should be right.

Put Wade on the out list also.
Unfortunately they will pick him for the whole series against the Paki's
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby am Bays » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Didn't do the slow hand-cap but I did stand and applaud for Renshaws four in the 3rd last over!

Yep he has shown the application we've been missing but watching live he missed so many opportunities to nudge it off the hips for any easy one!

He needs a good chat with JL as he needs to develop the "get up the other end shot" JL had three, push to wide mid on, behind square and thru backward point. Keep the stile rotating and the pressure back on them.

Good start but he is work in progress

Would like to a bit of sticking with this side
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1814 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:23 pm

whufc wrote:Yeah Chappells the worse his just a miserable negative old bastard!!

Great turn around by the Aussies.

Despite Maddinson and Wade struggling and hopefully dropped for the next test the selectors can look at this and say they got it right

Wade was good with the gloves (can see the work he has done with his hands) and his energy and voice was so noticeable live. We looked so much better as a fielding unit with his urgency

He needs to stay IMO
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:29 pm

am Bays wrote:
whufc wrote:Yeah Chappells the worse his just a miserable negative old bastard!!

Despite Maddinson and Wade struggling and hopefully dropped for the next test the selectors can look at this and say they got it right

Wade was good with the gloves (can see the work he has done with his hands) and his energy and voice was so noticeable live. We looked so much better as a fielding unit with his urgency

He needs to stay IMO

That miss off Amla was diabolical yesterday. Lucky it only cost us 40 runs
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:34 pm

am Bays wrote:

He needs to stay IMO

The commentators mentioned Wades influence in the changeroom etc etc which is the hidden attributes us average punters don't get to see or can't put a stat on.

I'm not a Wade fan but he definitely is confident, his a winner and I feel like his the kind of guy you would want next to you in a fight (apart from the 4 foot nothing part lol)

The more I think about it the more I think his exactly what this new young group need

On Renshaw his definitely a work in progress which is what I found sadder about the Adelaide crowd as I thought it was obvious he has a lot of work to do but was giving his all every ball
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5595 times
Been liked: 2533 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RB » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:44 pm

I'd pick a keeper who can keep, i.e. Nevill
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1077 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Wade deserves his spot.
But there is little love for him anywhere, and Neville will unfortunately be back sooner rather than later.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11861 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Renshaw must stay, atleast he values his wicket, unlike some of his team-mates.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:00 pm

I agree with some of you blokes that Renshaw valued his wicket but 7/10 times he'll get out for not many runs. Can't play and miss that many times and consistently get away with it at international level. He'd get chewed up and spat out in India.

Luckily he's 20 years old but needs to learn to get off strike when the opposition swarm around him.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 742 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby am Bays » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:51 pm

RB wrote:I'd pick a keeper who can keep, i.e. Nevill

If that's the case you're picking Hartley

But he's the wrong side of 32 now so they're not going there now.
am Bays
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:53 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Wade deserves his spot.
But there is little love for him anywhere, and Neville will unfortunately be back sooner rather than later.

If Whiteman keeps making runs as #2 in the pecking order re best gloveman after Hartley....

Tonned up last week
am Bays
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:54 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I agree with some of you blokes that Renshaw valued his wicket but 7/10 times he'll get out for not many runs. Can't play and miss that many times and consistently get away with it at international level. He'd get chewed up and spat out in India.

Luckily he's 20 years old but needs to learn to get off strike when the opposition swarm around him.

But while he scores slowly, plays and misses a lot, he faced more deliveries than Marsh, voges and someone else this test alone.

I don't mind him not scoring, he can be a solid building block for others to play around.

At least he played a patient test. Been missing that for a while at the top of order.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 pm

Leaves his bat in the vicinity too much in my opinion. Yes he plays inside the line quite a bit for safety but good luck doing that to the Pakistani quicks especially in Brisbane where the air will be thicker than pea soup this time of the year and the ball will be swinging and cutting a mile. Can be as patient as he wants, but as teams identify line and length to him then he will be in strife. Got no problems leaving it but get your bat out of the way.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 742 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:34 pm

Grenville wrote:There's a few similarities between this kid's technique and Matthew Elliott. Hope he turns out a similar batsman.

I just watched some YouTube videos of Matthew Elliott centuries. Renshaw batting looks very similar to him, I could definitely see the resemblance. And with his height, build and long arms he looks like Martin Guptil aswell.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10354 times
Been liked: 1521 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:19 am

jackpot jim wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Philander was confident that it was missing leg.... because it would have cannoned into middle

Not saying it wasn't out as clearly would have hit leg stump but as for for ball tracking to suggest that the ball actually straightened up and was hitting middle is utter Bull Crap. Ball tracking still seems very dodgy to me

Agree, there was no way that was hitting middle peg
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:29 am

Seemed to be a lot of queries on Maddson going into the test, and while it is unfair to judge him on that one innings and drop him for the next test, the spot still seems far from settled.
I'd like to see Joe Burns have an extended go there. Runs he scored there against India batting there weren't a sign one way or the other because of the position of the game, but then they dropped him. Technique is obviously not quite up to opening, and seems to get found out a bit in the top order at Shield level, but would be good enough at 6. Middle order of Smith, Handscomb and Burns looks solid and would be a good foil for the aggressiveness of Wade and Starc and then they'd have the ability to bat with the tail too.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:55 am

Hey, I missed most of the test, can anyone tell me why Warner didn't open in the first dig? Was he taking a dump or something?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7930 times

Australian International Summer

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey, I missed most of the test, can anyone tell me why Warner didn't open in the first dig? Was he taking a dump or something?

What Boon said.
May have backfired on him IMO
Last edited by Jim05 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey, I missed most of the test, can anyone tell me why Warner didn't open in the first dig? Was he taking a dump or something?

He was off getting treatment on a shoulder injury, he hadn't been back on the field long enough to erase the time he'd been off the field. Faf heard the umpire and Smithy talking about it, that's why he called the declaration when he did.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket