Save the Tigers

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Save the Tigers

Postby oldfella » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:25 am

My question for those with business acumen is how long can directors legally let a business run at a loss with outstanding debts unlikely to be paid before they are forced to take decisive action eg bankruptcy proceedings.

Apart from what has been mentioned eg council forgiving debts and donations what options are available to the glenelg football club.

While i barrack for west adelaide i am a bigger supporter of the sanfl as a whole -- the glenelg football club is one of the foundation clubs of the sanfl and i find it distressing to say the least to think a foundation club could be lost
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 am

oldfella wrote:My question for those with business acumen is how long can directors legally let a business run at a loss with outstanding debts unlikely to be paid before they are forced to take decisive action eg bankruptcy proceedings.

Apart from what has been mentioned eg council forgiving debts and donations what options are available to the glenelg football club.

While i barrack for west adelaide i am a bigger supporter of the sanfl as a whole -- the glenelg football club is one of the foundation clubs of the sanfl and i find it distressing to say the least to think a foundation club could be lost

Trading while insolvent, like many legal proceedings, is pretty complex but :

Is my company in financial difficulty?

Signs that may indicate your company is in financial difficulty include ongoing losses, poor cashflow, unpaid creditors outside usual trading terms and problems obtaining finance. If you receive a director penalty notice from the Commissioner of Taxation for your company’s unpaid and unreported Pay As You Go (PAYG) withholding or Superannuation Guarantee Charge (SGC) amounts, you should immediately seek professional advice. Failure to take appropriate steps within 21 days may result in the Commissioner taking recovery action against you personally for an amount equivalent to the unpaid tax.

What if my company is insolvent?

If your company is insolvent, do not allow it to incur further debt. Unless it is possible to promptly restructure, refinance or obtain equity funding to recapitalise the company, generally, your options are to appoint a voluntary administrator or a liquidator. The three most common insolvency procedures are voluntary administration, liquidation and receivership

What are the consequences of insolvent trading?

Insolvent trading can have serious consequences for directors. There are various penalties associated with insolvent trading, including civil penalties, compensation proceedings and criminal charges.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby oldfella » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:34 am

Thankyou booney

Gee the news just get worse
oldfella
Under 16s

Postby Pseudo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:44 am

oldfella wrote:While i barrack for west adelaide i am a bigger supporter of the sanfl as a whole -- the glenelg football club is one of the foundation clubs of the sanfl and i find it distressing to say the least to think a foundation club could be lost

While I appreciate and share your sentiment regarding the loss of any club, Glenelg was not a foundation club.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:49 am

Pseudo wrote:
oldfella wrote:While i barrack for west adelaide i am a bigger supporter of the sanfl as a whole -- the glenelg football club is one of the foundation clubs of the sanfl and i find it distressing to say the least to think a foundation club could be lost

While I appreciate and share your sentiment regarding the loss of any club, Glenelg was not a foundation club.

Technically, but you could say many clubs have built their success upon the GFC, making them a sound foundation. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:52 am

Booney wrote:
Technically, but you could say many clubs have built their success upon the GFC, making them a sound foundation. :D

[-X
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1808 times

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:55 am

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:

[-X

\:D/
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 am

Hard to see a way out for the Bays unless the council generously comes to the party in a BIG way.

We often have a crack at our SANFL clubs for finding themselves in financial predicament - Hard to know whether that's fair and just, or whether we should be praising them for still being afloat 26 years after the Crows were formed.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:00 am

JK wrote:Hard to see a way out for the Bays unless the council generously comes to the party in a BIG way.

We often have a crack at our SANFL clubs for finding themselves in financial predicament - Hard to know whether that's fair and just, or whether we should be praising them for still being afloat 26 years after the Crows were formed.

Probably fair to assume many of the local rate payers wouldn't be interested in copping a hit for their local club. Not like the times where people in the area supported the local club.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:08 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:Hard to see a way out for the Bays unless the council generously comes to the party in a BIG way.

Probably fair to assume many of the local rate payers wouldn't be interested in copping a hit for their local club. Not like the times where people in the area supported the local club.

Yeah for sure .. Used to piss me off when people would move into Woods Street or others near the Norwood Footy Club, then complain about matchday traffic and the lights at the Oval. Sadly it's reflective of the lack of interest in the competition and care for its clubs.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby oldfella » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:34 am

Pseudo wrote:

Fair comment mate and probably loose use of word foundation -- what i was trying to say in a better way is that the glenelg football club is part of that long term core clubs that were the sanfl prior to the introduction of centrals and woodville
oldfella
Under 16s

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:47 pm

I went to The Glenelg clubrooms for a feed with the family a couple of Fridays ago when the SACA 2nd team were playing.
There were more staff working then actual customers.

Food was ordinary at best.

I used to go there regularly for a feed and beer and the food was good and there was some atmosphere as well.

I'm hoping the week I just went was a one off coz if it wasn't they are in big trouble.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2516 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:25 pm

If any of the remaining clubs fold or merge the SANFL is finished, more so if it is a club like Glenelg. There is a massive supporter base at that club, they'd fill half of Adelaide Oval on Grand Final day if their club could actually get there (No need to worry about them winning the thing :lol: ).
Too much of the character has been drained from the SANFL already with the merged entity, Port throwing in the towel and the Team for all South Australians competing with..... wait for it, other South Australian teams (For some people this idea makes sense?). The loss of another club would be too much of a blow.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magellan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:58 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I went to The Glenelg clubrooms for a feed with the family a couple of Fridays ago when the SACA 2nd team were playing.

I used to go there regularly for a feed and beer and the food was good and there was some atmosphere as well.

I'm hoping the week I just went was a one off coz if it wasn't they are in big trouble.

I've enjoyed visiting and dining at their classrooms at the annual Queen's Birthday match. Food is pretty good for what it is (at least it was last time we went), nothing fancy, but on the money if you're about to brave the June weather to watch an arvo of footy. The renovations to accommodate the al fresco entrance bit are great as well. I seem to recall North flirting with that idea a few years back, pity they never went ahead with it.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Magellan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:I went to The Glenelg clubrooms for a feed with the family a couple of Fridays ago when the SACA 2nd team were playing.

I've enjoyed visiting and dining at their classrooms at the annual Queen's Birthday match. Food is pretty good for what it is (at least it was last time we went), nothing fancy, but on the money if you're about to brave the June weather to watch an arvo of footy. The renovations to accommodate the al fresco entrance bit are great as well. I seem to recall North flirting with that idea a few years back, pity they never went ahead with it.

probably canned it as the poker machines wouldnt see the value, nor use an alfresco area :oops:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Magellan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:05 pm

tipper wrote:
Magellan wrote:

probably canned it as the poker machines wouldnt see the value, nor use an alfresco area :oops:

Poker machine says 'no'. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Magellan wrote:

Hey, if you can get a good feed at the Glenelg Primary School I reckon you've gone on a good day. What's they serve, pi? ;)
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magellan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:10 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Hey, if you can get a good feed at the Glenelg Primary School I reckon you've gone on a good day. What's they serve, pi? ;)

In fact they serve Py. It's an odd Greek recipe though, made famous by a chef called Thagoras, and for some reason it always comes in a triangle.

I recall the first time I bought one, I looked at it and said, "No way, Euclydian me!!" However, in hindsight I think they took the right angle.
Magellan
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:29 am

Magellan wrote:Hey, if you can get a good feed at the Glenelg Primary School I reckon you've gone on a good day. What's they serve, pi? ;)
In fact they serve Py. It's an odd Greek recipe though, made famous by a chef called Thagoras, and for some reason it always comes in a triangle.

I recall the first time I bought one, I looked at it and said, "No way, Euclydian me!!" However, in hindsight I think they took the right angle.

What an obtuse verbal barrage. We are acutely aware of your vernacular.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Magellan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:20 am

MatteeG wrote:
Magellan wrote:Hey, if you can get a good feed at the Glenelg Primary School I reckon you've gone on a good day. What's they serve, pi? ;)

What an obtuse verbal barrage. We are acutely aware of your vernacular.

Sorry, can't help it. I'm always scalene the heights of expression.
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL