South Adelaide- Junior Football Fund, Financial Update

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: South Adelaide- Junior Football Fund, Financial Update

Postby knowledge » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Sturt didn't use it in 2016, doubt that West Adelaide did in 2015, either. Not sure about the Norwood 3 peat, but, I'd doubt that Nathan Bassett would be the type of coach who'd warm to the Leading Teams model.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Fancy paying Daniel Healy to come to your club to fix things! North were ahead of their time!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2069 times
Been liked: 3932 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:26 am

knowledge wrote:Sturt didn't use it in 2016, doubt that West Adelaide did in 2015, either. Not sure about the Norwood 3 peat, but, I'd doubt that Nathan Bassett would be the type of coach who'd warm to the Leading Teams model.

Fairly sure Norwood were involved with the Leading Teams program across those successful years
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:54 am

As you well know though JK, on field success doesn't always equal off field financial security. Spending vital funds on leadership ( on field ) programs when the off field is struggling seems counterproductive to me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Centrals from what i understand were one of the first clubs to adopt leading teams in around 1992 as a pilot club with this.

Kris Grant and co have gone on record a few times saying leading teams was one of the main contributors to the clubs change of culture which they belive lead to the later success to which they were still with the program until recent tougher times.

I do agree though I'm not sure many clubs have the luxury to splash 30k on this though

I've also been told Alistar Clarkson introduced the program at the Hawks after his success with Centrals and they are still using it to this day
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby DOC » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:44 pm

Leading Teams has probably saved South significant money and time.

Over time, we have had a succesion of coaching, captain and team personnel changes that has cost us plenty, and not just money.

Under Gotchy and the Leading Teams people, we have become a far more cohesive unit which has resulted in stability and accountability through the senior playing group.

Especially when money is tight, it is the wise investment that gives the best dividends.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 2135 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:44 am

Load of wank IMHO.

Some teams that have used it have been top, some have been bottom, some have been in between. Hardly compelling.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:06 am

DOC wrote:Leading Teams has probably saved South significant money and time.

Over time, we have had a succesion of coaching, captain and team personnel changes that has cost us plenty, and not just money.

Under Gotchy and the Leading Teams people, we have become a far more cohesive unit which has resulted in stability and accountability through the senior playing group.

Especially when money is tight, it is the wise investment that gives the best dividends.

Losing money. No premierships. What's the dividend?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:23 am

Booney wrote:As you well know though JK, on field success doesn't always equal off field financial security. Spending vital funds on leadership ( on field ) programs when the off field is struggling seems counterproductive to me.

Yeah it's a fair argument mate .. Thankfully we were in a position where we could afford it, but for all clubs with a perilious bottom line it's just another expense, the benefits of which need to be weighed up against cost.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:24 am

Wedgie wrote:Load of wank IMHO.

Some teams that have used it have been top, some have been bottom, some have been in between. Hardly compelling.

Fair call
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:26 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:As you well know though JK, on field success doesn't always equal off field financial security. Spending vital funds on leadership ( on field ) programs when the off field is struggling seems counterproductive to me.

Yeah it's a fair argument mate .. Thankfully we were in a position where we could afford it, but for all clubs with a perilious bottom line it's just another expense, the benefits of which need to be weighed up against cost.

You would think once the program is setup it would cost less over time as the consultant wouldn't have to be around as much.

Having said that I think he's got a couple of SANFL clubs, the 2 AFL sides and the Thunderbirds netball on his books.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:37 am

Having been part of both the greatest dynasties in SANFL and AFL history is a pretty handy side note to add to your resume and marketing.

Leading teams strike rate is pretty handy especially when you throw in the on field turn around see saw at Norwood and South as well.
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:49 am

whufc wrote:

Having been part of both the greatest dynasties in SANFL and AFL history is a pretty handy side note to add to your resume and marketing.

Leading teams strike rate is pretty handy especially when you throw in the on field turn around see saw at Norwood and South as well.

Throw in North Adelaide, Gold Coast, St Kilda and Melbourne and it's even more impressive.

I'm going to send a Xmas card to all 18 AFL clubs and 10 SANFL clubs.
If any of them win a flag it will be my Xmas card that caused it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:50 am

whufc wrote:

There is only one measure of on field turn around and South haven't been able to get their hands on it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:51 am

Perhaps some clubs should put Peter Brock's polarizer in their shorts too.

Western Bulldogs weren't part of leading teams yet 7 clubs were including the bottom one and mainly bottom 8 sides.
Wow! Collingwood have dumped them recently.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:03 am

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

Throw in North Adelaide, Gold Coast, St Kilda and Melbourne and it's even more impressive.

There not at 100% of the clubs and as I said they can lay claim to be involved in both the AFL and SANFLS greatest dynasty.

I'm not sure many clubs would dismiss that fact, and we have seen greater sportingminds than ourselves not dismiss it
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:12 am

whufc wrote:There not at 100% of the clubs and as I said they can lay claim to be involved in both the AFL and SANFLS greatest dynasty.

They were involved with Collingwood in the 1920s and Norwood in the 1800s?

How did the only club in the NRL involved with Leading Teams, Newcastle go this year?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magellan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:17 am

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

That means Port and Crows are going to get two Xmas cards each! Sounds like you're giving them an unfair advantage. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:37 am

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:There not at 100% of the clubs and as I said they can lay claim to be involved in both the AFL and SANFLS greatest dynasty.

They were involved with Collingwood in the 1920s and Norwood in the 1800s?

How did the only club in the NRL involved with Leading Teams, Newcastle go this year?

Obviously it's not 100% but I do think they have enough credits in the bank that they can't simply be dismissed.

It's all hypothetical though, maybe without leading team Newcastle Knights may not have won a game, maybe without them they win the league. Will never know the exact advantage or disadvantage
whufc
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL