Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:02 am

HH3 wrote:Yeah I know that. What I don't know is what the aim is? What outcome are they looking to achieve?

In a workplace accident, they change procedures, amp up safety measures, etc.

In cricket, unless they ban the bouncer and make better helmets, not much can be done about this sort of accident.

I wouldn't have thought you'd need witness testimony and tons of money spent to decide what to do.

Think they have done everything they can already regarding helmets. Manufacturers have increased their designs The professional game has made them compulsory. The only thing the inquest can do is look at the response to the incident from a medical point of view.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:05 am

They revived him twice on the boundary if I remember correctly.

Seems like a massive waste of time and money, not to mention the emotional and mental toll it would be taking on everyone involved.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Insurance issue maybe?

Either way if they have to have it, why not keep the media out of it?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3492 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Dutchy wrote:Insurance issue maybe?

Either way if they have to have it, why not keep the media out of it?

My sentiments precisely.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Now the Hughes Family have walked out during the Cricket Australia lawyer's closing remarks.....
heater31

Postby HH3 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:26 pm

heater31 wrote:Now the Hughes Family have walked out during the Cricket Australia lawyer's closing remarks.....

That's why I'm thinking there must be some sort of penalty resting on the outcome. They seem to want an outcome that no one else seems to want. And it doesn't seem to be going the way they want.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:58 pm

My missus being told that her firm is getting rid of all their temps as of today, this was after she was promised 6 months of work with a view to go full-time at the end of that (it's been approx. 3 months).
She turned down a $36 p/h government temp job after she'd taken this role because she thought it was the right thing to do.

Lesson learnt................look after #1.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:45 pm

HH3 wrote:
heater31 wrote:Now the Hughes Family have walked out during the Cricket Australia lawyer's closing remarks.....

That's why I'm thinking there must be some sort of penalty resting on the outcome. They seem to want an outcome that no one else seems to want. And it doesn't seem to be going the way they want.

Unfortunately it looks like the Hughes family is looking for someone to blame. And given the incredible circumstances - nobody expects their loved one to die on the cricket field - you can't really blame them for feeling powerless and not liking the 'oh well it was an accident' line.

Even though we all know it's an accident I don't think I could definitely say I wouldn't do the same if I was ever in their shoes

Top Stories: Hughes family storms out of inquest after player testimony dubbed 'honest'
http://ab.co/2e9llaR

I feel sorry for the nsw players having to testify. It's my uninformed opinion they would have been sledging the hell out of him. But that doesn't mean they wanted him to die.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:58 pm

If you don't sledge in any sport, you're not doing the most you can do to win. Mind games are half the battle in most sports.

The reason the players couldn't recall a lot in their testimonies is because they weren't actually interviewed until 2 months ago.

The whole week of Phils death would be a blur.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:14 pm

HH3 wrote:If you don't sledge in any sport, you're not doing the most you can do to win. Mind games are half the battle in most sports.

The reason the players couldn't recall a lot in their testimonies is because they weren't actually interviewed until 2 months ago.

Having to deal with the aftermath with some of his team-mates they were still stunned a week later.
heater31

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:12 pm

heater31 wrote:
HH3 wrote:If you don't sledge in any sport, you're not doing the most you can do to win. Mind games are half the battle in most sports.

Having to deal with the aftermath with some of his team-mates they were still stunned a week later.

Stunned at the sledging or the loss of their mate?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Stunned at the sledging or the loss of their mate?

The whole ordeal. I don't think anyone would have been aware of what has been alleged in the court this week.
heater31

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:My missus being told that her firm is getting rid of all their temps as of today, this was after she was promised 6 months of work with a view to go full-time at the end of that (it's been approx. 3 months).
She turned down a $36 p/h government temp job after she'd taken this role because she thought it was the right thing to do.

Lesson learnt................look after #1.

I'm a contractor and I learnt a long time ago that you look after yourself and assume nothing.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:34 am

IF the game of cricket is to be looked at, in addition to the safety aspect, should be the way it is taught coached and encouraged to be played. As Gideon Haigh said on Offsiders the weekend after, with helmets, big bats, placid pitches and short boundaries, batsmen have been able to think they can play with virtually complete impunity. Hughes feet seemed to be nowhere, and all around the world we see half-arsed batsmen who wouldn't make it at Shield level on the front foot swiping their bats around their ears.
IF the game of cricket is to be looked at, this is what this trial should be considering but I feel it is going to come back as an attack on bouncers and sledging, which is what would placate the general public who don't understand cricket but read the sensationalist articles that appear from time to time.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby JK » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:22 am

My 16 year old niece doing some L-Plate driving with my sister this week, pulls into a servo, fills up and goes into pay. My sister waiting for her to come out is surprised by some bloke banging on her window telling her to move the car out the way.

Sister bites her tongue and politely replies they'll move as soon as her daughter is back.

Niece eventually walks out of the shop (eftpos issues and a long line meant a 5 min process) and bloke starts going off at her calling her a selfish C**t .. She's 16 FFS you weak dog, and get here ******* earlier if you're in such a rush.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 pm

JK wrote:My 16 year old niece doing some L-Plate driving with my sister this week, pulls into a servo, fills up and goes into pay. My sister waiting for her to come out is surprised by some bloke banging on her window telling her to move the car out the way.

Sister bites her tongue and politely replies they'll move as soon as her daughter is back.

Niece eventually walks out of the shop (eftpos issues and a long line meant a 5 min process) and bloke starts going off at her calling her a selfish C**t .. She's 16 FFS you weak dog, and get here ******* earlier if you're in such a rush.

Imagine what he did inside the servo with the delay......
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11833 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby Pseudo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:39 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:My 16 year old niece doing some L-Plate driving with my sister this week, pulls into a servo, fills up and goes into pay. My sister waiting for her to come out is surprised by some bloke banging on her window telling her to move the car out the way.

Imagine what he did inside the servo with the delay......

Hopefully every punter before him in the queue ordered a coffee, just to rub the salt in :)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:28 pm

People who have a full trolly load of groceries using the self serve checkout.

And people who drive 20 kms under the speed limit (40 in a 60 zone) just because there's a little bit of rain around.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times

Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby RustyCage » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:26 pm

Driving back from Barmera last night I was stuck behind a bus/coach who was doing about 95. Was only a couple of kms from the next overtaking lane so I just sat behind him. Once we got to the overtaking lane the prick sped up to about 115. Once I finally got passed him a bit further down the road he then sat right behind me with his high beams on.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:53 pm

RustyCage wrote:Driving back from Barmera last night I was stuck behind a bus/coach who was doing about 95. Was only a couple of kms from the next overtaking lane so I just sat behind him. Once we got to the overtaking lane the prick sped up to about 115. Once I finally got passed him a bit further down the road he then sat right behind me with his high beams on.

Get their rego & company name & report them - bus companies take that stuff seriously these days.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion