The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Grenville » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Rucci is a snake, don't believe anything that the prick spouts. David Burtenshaw will be distraught after this arvo.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Reddeer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Good Now I will be able to go to the Grand Final. Wouldn't have bothered if the other mob had tried to win
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:23 pm

I'd agree. But...the way they played over the past two weeks to the way they played this week was miles apart. There was no passion or commitment from those blokes today. Milera was the only one who looked like he was completely into it, the rest were just paddling, coming in and out of the game when they felt like it.

Meanwhile, how were the Crows cheer squad? Prior to and early on, they were cheering and making a little noise. By the last quarter there were none there, no flags waving - they weren't even present to see van Berlo given a guard of honour. Pathetic.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby tipper » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:25 pm

well. what a shit weekend to be a crows fan. for some reason that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. :lol:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby another grub » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I'd agree. But...the way they played over the past two weeks to the way they played this week was miles apart. There was no passion or commitment from those blokes today. Milera was the only one who looked like he was completely into it, the rest were just paddling, coming in and out of the game when they felt like it.

Meanwhile, how were the Crows cheer squad? Prior to and early on, they were cheering and making a little noise. By the last quarter there were none there, no flags waving - they weren't even present to see van Berlo given a guard of honour. Pathetic.

I think they realized they were watching a manufactured result. No commitment from their side and blatant cheating from the umpires. I dont blame them one bit for leaving.
Last edited by another grub on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 403 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Did catch that smug prick Ricciutto on the TV a few times and was having a good old laugh and joke despite being 5 goals down
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby dogbreath » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Brodlach wrote:I will preface this with a don't particularly want them in the comp either but....

Win and everyone whinges that made a Grand Final,l ose and they didn't try and were looking forward to Mad Monday.

How about Sturt just outplayed them

No win situation

You're kidding. Crows try and they win by 10 goals, as simple as that. They'd do the same to any of the traditional SANFL teams in the comp, and so they should with all their advantages.
dogbreath

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby another grub » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Roo might have known what was going on and backed Sturt
Last edited by another grub on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
another grub
Coach

Postby another grub » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:35 pm

The sanfl didnt want them in the GF, the umpires were told and the AFC agreed.

I have no doubt a deal was done during the week. Im suprised they made it so blatantly obvious.
another grub
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:35 pm

In terms of the free kicks - what I noticed, particularly early, was a lot of undisciplined play and second to the ball play from the Crows (especially when the Blues started getting on top), plenty of which resulted in frees. Once they pulled their heads in, the frees started to level out.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:37 pm

another grub wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I'd agree. But...the way they played over the past two weeks to the way they played this week was miles apart. There was no passion or commitment from those blokes today. Milera was the only one who looked like he was completely into it, the rest were just paddling, coming in and out of the game when they felt like it.

I think they realized they were watching a manufactured result. No commitment from their side and blatant cheating from the umpires. I dont blame them one bit for leaving.

If the result were, as unlikely as it is, manufactured, with their fervent belief in the righteousness of the Crows, those fans would probably be the last to see it.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogs72 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:38 pm

The annoying thing is those that think there's nothing wrong because Adelaide didn't make the gf, miss the point entirely. Tell a south or central supporter all is fine.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby another grub » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:39 pm

So many soft frees, so many clearances frees. It nealy made me sick watching it to be honest. I have never witnessed any more obvious cheating in all my life.
another grub
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:16 pm

To me Sturt and South have been pretty even in their performances this year, then compare the Ravens v's each of them, 7 days apart. Much of footy at this level if played between the ears, Ravens didn't turn up mentally today, there is no excuse for lack of effort and Sturt had it all over them in this respect.

5k to Ravens v Essendon Reserves? How can you say this when looking at the crowds the Ravens are getting now?????

You would get more Essendon fans there than Crows fans IMO.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:14 am

tipper wrote:well. what a shit weekend to be a crows fan. for some reason that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. :lol:

The tradition continues!! And don't forget the unashamed conceit and arrogance of their motto 'Born to Achieve Greatness'. Pfft, what a joke, the Crows carry on like they're God's gift to football.

Of course, we all know that only Nigel Smart deserves that title, evidenced by his perpetually smug smile. Pity Gary Ayres didn't knock him out at training in 2004.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:35 pm

Peel and East Perth will have a limit on the number of AFL players they can field next season after a Thunder team packed with 17 Dockers decimated South Fremantle in yesterday’s WAFL preliminary final.

Peel could become the first team in more than half a century to win the WAFL premiership from fourth place and are likely to enter the grand final against Subiaco as hot favourites after their stunning display at Fremantle Community Bank Oval.

Fremantle regular Connor Blakely gathered 42 possessions to lead Peel to a 39-point win, but the overwhelming nature of the result and their two previous finals wins are set to force drastic changes to the WAFL eligibility rules.

WA Football Commission chief executive Gavin Taylor and commissioners Neil Randall and Cheryl Edwardes were at the match and made a commitment to South Fremantle officials that the two AFL-aligned clubs would have restrictions placed on them next season. It is likely that the five-game minimum required to qualify for finals will be increased, while the commission will also look at the models used in the VFL and SANFL which require a minimum number of games after July 1.

Peel’s cohort of big-bodied Dockers midfielders was the difference between the teams, with Blakely and his colleagues ensuring the victory with a second-quarter blitzkrieg that saw them kick five goals to South Fremantle’s one behind.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Interesting use of the words "decimated" and "blitzkrieg".

Decimated - 39 points.

Blitzkrieg - 5 goals in a quarter.

Peel and East Perth have teams in the WAFL reserves I'd imagine?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:44 pm

The WAFL are in a position where they can implement rules such as caps on AFL listed players as they dont need to keep the WA AFL teams happy because with the new stadium deal and management they are not part of it. Hence there is no chance of losing part of a $$$ pie they are not part of. So they will charge more for the reserves teams to play in there comp and cap the AFL listed players. Basically they are in this with there WAFL teams and are listening to them.

As long as the SANFL need to protect there SMA $$$ and suck ass of the AFL sides not much will change.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Pseudo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Booney wrote:Interesting use of the words "decimated" and "blitzkrieg".

Decimated - 39 points.

Blitzkrieg - 5 goals in a quarter.

You are surprised by a tabloid sports journalist resorting to hyperbole? I don't think the West's paper is owned by News Corp, but still...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby DoublebluTiger » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Now it's the SANFL Umpires are against Adelaide Reserves. Rucci's done an article piling on the for and against free stats for Adelaide Reserves just to add weight from their poor Magarey Medal polling.

Interesting to note he stated Sturt's president used the phrase "A club beat a team" in after match presentations.
It's a subscription article but I found it via twitter feet window on herald sun AFL homepage if the link below doesn't work.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/adelaide/michelangelo-rucci-freekick-count-against-sanflbased-crows-is-as-baffling-as-lack-of-magarey-medal-votes/news-story/53ac959a30a6040f8dd9d2b9cc46390d
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 50 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL