Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby helicopterking » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:31 pm

The Dato was a rough race. Those out wide got skittled.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 683 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:38 pm

LPH wrote:Zamzam missed the kick, never a show.
Le Romain was on the wrong side of the track but happy with 2nd.
Huge run Set Square for 3rd :D

But the question is: Did JK back his fav horse Awesome Rock @ the massive price?

Le Romian got a dream split on the rail, punched through but got nutted.

As it turns out I didn't have a punt today, have black booked a few though
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1298 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby helicopterking » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Nicorossa in Darwin finished about 50m from the 2nd last horse.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:37 pm

helicopterking wrote:Nicorossa in Darwin finished about 50m from the 2nd last horse.

Phew....
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 781 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:44 pm

There was no Preferment to take the race from the 'rock' today and of course I let it go....ffs
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12298 times
Been liked: 3904 times

Postby JK » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:35 am

LPH wrote:But the question is: Did JK back his fav horse Awesome Rock @ the massive price?

Sadly not mate .. Was the only leg my syndi missed in the Quaddie too (and of course I tipped Merriest for that but didn't back the bloody thing) FFS! :evil:

Didn't go too hard on the weekend, thank ****, would have been a bad one. Closest I got was Bacarella who got mowed down in the shadows. :(
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 3003 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LPH » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:13 pm

10/09/2016

Last week I’ll admit wasn’t the best start to the new ‘Punting Season’ – although I was very happy with the run of Set Square to finish 3rd in the Dato – terrific Caulfield Cup trial IMHO. Zamzam is still coming – missed the kick & ‘wobbled’ around the turn & ran 2nd last … Grrrr. Happy to apply a ‘forgive run’ to The United States but he’s becoming a bit costly. So to this week…

Flemington looks a difficult card – particularly with the wet weather around. The track usually ‘drains’ well, since the revamp a couple of seasons ago so I’m going on a Heavy 8 perhaps? Maybe a Soft 7 if the wind dries it out a bit. Either way, I reckon 3 or 4 horses wide down the straight might be the place to be come later in the day? Hard to predict.

Rosehill? Who knows what the Sydney weather will do! I’m going to assume they’ll get at least some of the rain with the forecast for overnight & early tomorrow – so again, happy to work around a Heavy 8 or 9 track … I reckon Sydneysiders would suggest Climate Change is a myth based on the amount of rain they’ve had this year! Anyway, to the races…

Flemington Race 7 Makybe Diva Stakes

The Weight For Age conditions of the race make this an interesting affair. Everyone keeps saying Black Heart Bart is a superstar – I’m yet to be convinced, particularly over the 8 furlongs. He’s very short at $2.35 & with the expected weather conditions, who knows how the track will play – he’s not for me.
I reckon Jacquinot Bay is a nice price Eachway in this race – good wet form, good distance form & has won up to 2000m. He doesn’t have any issue with the WFA conditions because he carries between 57 & 60 kgs every start, & was luckless on the tight ‘Valley’ track, last week. Think he’ll enjoy Flemington’s open spaces down the straight – if I can get $5 the PLACE, I reckon he’ll give me a sight.

Flemington Race 4 The Sofitel

I’ll be honest, I’ve already taken the ‘Odds Boost’ on Ladbrokes - backing Hi World ($13) earlier in the week. I took the $3.20 the Place with UBET too. Heavy is no concern. Looked like it was in need of the run @ Caulfield 2 weeks ago & has won 2nd up, albeit 1 from 4 starts. It ran 5th in a very strong form race last year behind Boban & Entirely Platinum. Has yet to win @ the track but 2 placings from 4 starts - call it a gamble, but at the price, I like him Eachway in a very open race – 4/1 the field.

Flemington Race 8 Let’s Elope Stakes

Just mentioning this race, purely because it’s named after my all time favourite Mare, Let’s Elope. I was there @ Flemington on Melbourne Cup Day 1991 to witness her demolish that field with Super Impose 4th. She was a superstar winning the Big 3 & unluckily beaten in the Cox Plate of 1992, albeit being protested against & being relegated to 5th (I had her with Super Impose in the Quinella, so I wasn’t happy!).
Enough reminiscing…

Rosehill Race 6 The Golden Rose

Astern is the rightful favourite but I’m backing the other Godolphin runner, Impending, at the price. I heard Darren Beadman’s comments a few week’s ago on Radio TAB suggesting he’s a real quality animal. The track condition is a slight concern but he has won @ Rosehill – which is a big plus, so the enhanced odds of $14 on Ladbrokes is very juicy, as is the $3.30 the place. I know, I know, Eachway again. But it is so difficult to assess early Spring Form.

I also like the Waterhouse runner, El Divino – likes the wet & good 2nd up record. Might be “one for the multiples”.

Box Trifecta: 1, 2, 7, 9, 12, 13

Rosehill Race 7 The Theo Marks

I really like another Godolphin runner here, who I think is way over the odds @ $19. McDonald in ‘the seat’, loves the track & trip, good wet form = enough boxes ticked for me. Get on No. 3 Vashka - dare I say it, Eachway. Counter Attack can win the race, but too short for me to back it & 1300m wet track is the same as 1400 to 1500m, so happy to risk Rebel Dane. The 9 has a great record & an‘up & comer’. I’ve backed the 3.

Box Trifecta: 3, 4, 5, 9, 10

I like one at Doomben tomorrow too - Yep, you guessed it, Eachway.
Race 7, No. 8 – Shipwrecked.
Good Gate (which is important @ Doomben), Great Jockey & Maps OK. Can see it sitting 1 out, about 3 or 4 back. It can improve as it loves Doomben & on the Dry, I think it’s a nice Bet @ $17 & $5 on UBET. Wait until tomorrow perhaps, but I took it 1 by 3 Units as I think it’s over the odds currently – if gets further out, I’ll just bet again!

So there we go lads, enjoy the day tomorrow. Some money in the kick would be nice…
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Nice work.
I'm in a tipping comp on TopBetta, won a ticket for the $10 for $10k so if I get a chance I'll put my selections in here
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12298 times
Been liked: 3904 times

Postby helicopterking » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:19 am

Going on LPH form study of the same races.

MR 4: I like your selection Hi World, way over the odds. Dont mind the 11 Bon Aurum, ran some really nice races against quality opposition last few campaigns. 9 Prince of Brooklyn, will get a nice trail just behind them, and 3 will most likely lead and should be ready to peak. 13 Marwood over the odds,likes distance and sting out of ground. Bet- 2,11,9/ 3,13

MR7: 3 BHB, Weir claims it's the best horse he has, I think it's to short. If it gets beaten, it will be by 12,10 or 9.
12- Rising Romance, will get a perfect run, if 200/1 Ayres Rock doesn't go to hard, and RR can sit 2nd or 3rd, it might be able to get the best of BHB
10- Palentino- Loves Flemington. 3rd up ready to peak. Aust Gns winner this track and distance last campaign.
9- Tarzino will thrive at Flemington. Not much between Palentino and Tarzino last campaign. If they go hard enough up front, Tarzino could wind up and come hard late.
Throw in 4 Our Ivanhoe, quality horse, will run an eye catcher is it does first up most times. And throw the 6 Entirely Platinum, lost form last campaign, but if it captures it's form 2 campaigns ago, 2nd to Boban,3rd to Fawkner and 5th to Winx very good. Bet- 12,10,9/3,4,6

Syd
R6- I thought 12 Yankee Rose was brilliant last campaign. Two soft trials leading into this and Zac Purton returns to ride it. Soft track won't be a concern. If Speed is ok, should power home.
Huge words on 13 Omei Sword. Magic Man arrives to ride it. Today we find out how good. Bet 12,13/ 7,1,2,8

R7- 9 Southern Legend short fav. Splits in his races have been impressive and drops weight. 60kg/53kg. Hardest field they has taken on.
Chances to 5 Counterattack. If the speed is on, this horse has never missed a place fresh.
1- Rebel Dane should get a perfect run just off them. $11/$3.30 is pretty good value. Has tried to lead the last few, but is a much better horse ridden with a sit.
Watch 8- Old North, don't think she can win, but she will win something over the carnival, is a quality horse, but will want further. Bet 5,9,1

Enjoy, hopefully the tracks aren't to much of a bog.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby LPH » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:42 am

I'm a fan of Yankee Rose, too.
Rebel Dane? Am prepared to risk - for reasons stated. You don't think he's a 1100 to 1200m horse?
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby JK » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:01 am

Good write ups lads! Plenty of astute punters spruiking Vashka today. Haven't done the form yet, but good luck to all having a dip today!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:00 pm

How good was the win of Astern
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4291 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby helicopterking » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:49 pm

Brodlach wrote:How good was the win of Astern

Good Photo on the line.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby LPH » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:59 pm

Happy with Hi World's run considering the track condition wasn't Heavy - just heard Freedman suggest he's going to Sydney for the Epsom.
Happy with Impending running 3rd - Paid better than the winner & Trifecta OK
Vashka gave up without a whimper @ the 250m - pfft.

Reasonable day.
Good get with Palentino there 'copter - mine ran 4th, sadly.
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby helicopterking » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:29 pm

LPH wrote:Happy with Hi World's run considering the track condition wasn't Heavy - just heard Freedman suggest he's going to Sydney for the Epsom.
Happy with Impending running 3rd - Paid better than the winner & Trifecta OK
Vashka gave up without a whimper @ the 250m - pfft.

Reasonable day.
Good get with Palentino there 'copter - mine ran 4th, sadly.

Hi World ran good. I Took the $7.50 early for Bon Aurum,was heavily backed, sat 4 deep and put them away. Would have been a nice Ex bet if Hi World would have got 2nd
Palentino too good. Don't rule out BHB, I thought its last run would have taken its toll and I was right. Nice $19.80 ex

Counterattack unlucky.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:17 am

Yes yes yes, I know....but...

Everyone who knows me well knows that I back 15's regardless. It's my old guernsey no, so I back it regarless of odds and by CHRIST it's cost me over the journey

Lingfield R1

15 RAIN GODDESS 66.90 15.80

Of course, just because it can, it paid 95 in NSW.

F*cker.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 am

US Army Ranger will win the Melbourne Cup.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Mixed bag yesterday but good day overall. Did the form then headed to the pub and the first two I selected got up, but I didn't back them (Mackintosh and Faatinah) so thought I'd be cursed but Don't Doubt Mumma at $7 and the Tri in the same race helped. Few reasonable place divvies throughout the day helped with the grind and then the Randy Tan special in the last in the West made it a good one.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby LPH » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Sad Day today - The Great Mare is dead :(
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:11 pm

LPH wrote:Sad Day today - The Great Mare is dead :(

Yes a sad day, probably the third best mare I saw race behind Black Caviar and Makybe Diva
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4291 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room