The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby southee » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:47 am

Magellan wrote:
cennals05 wrote:The SANFL PR are in full swing this morning. Jake Parkinson is currently on FIVEaa and of course Penbo and Goodings are nothing but yes men for the Crows. Trying to justify how increased TV audiences are more beneficial than actual crowd numbers. Wankers the lot of them.

Penbo's also a keen Sturt man, but I presume he's part of the Keith Conlon 'both teams play and you can't lose' sad case each-way-bet brigade. As for Goodings, the closest he ever got the SANFL pre-Crows was his house on West Lakes shore.

Pembo and Will are just lap dogs to the SANFL.

Like Keith Conlon , I go for both Sturt and the Crows ......the old 2 hat thing!

Dickheads !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby stan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:56 am

cennals05 wrote:The SANFL PR are in full swing this morning. Jake Parkinson is currently on FIVEaa and of course Penbo and Goodings are nothing but yes men for the Crows. Trying to justify how increased TV audiences are more beneficial than actual crowd numbers. Wankers the lot of them.

5aa showed there stance sometime ago. Massive yes men and making sure they are always in nice with the AFL sudes especially the crows and also the SANFL. So really they would always get good old Jake on and stroke it a bit.

MMM, well they are station tbat doesnt give 2 shits about the sanfl and teally they are big enough that it doesnt matter to them. Due to there size and exposure including other states they'll always be able to get the big names on. So really they will be more open to a discussion than the AM stations.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:56 am

Magellan wrote:

Penbo's also a keen Sturt man, but I presume he's part of the Keith Conlon 'both teams play and you can't lose' sad case each-way-bet brigade. As for Goodings, the closest he ever got the SANFL pre-Crows was his house on West Lakes shore.

Penbo is a massive ******* flog. Complete utter piece of crap.
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:56 am

southee wrote:Like Keith Conlon , I go for both Sturt and the Crows ......the old 2 hat thing!

Hooray for Everything!

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby JK » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:59 am

This is one of the issues of having the AFL clubs in the SANFL, that seems to get less airplay ... We've allowed AFL people to have a say in the direction of the SANFL when they should have no right whatsoever.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:02 am

stan wrote:

5aa showed there stance sometime ago. Massive yes men and making sure they are always in nice with the AFL sudes especially the crows and also the SANFL. So really they would always get good old Jake on and stroke it a bit.

MMM, well they are station tbat doesnt give 2 shits about the sanfl and teally they are big enough that it doesnt matter to them. Due to there size and exposure including other states they'll always be able to get the big names on. So really they will be more open to a discussion than the AM stations.

Both 5AA and TripleM pay good money to get the license to broadcast AFL...do you think they will do anything to jeopardise that?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby stan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:11 am

MW wrote:
stan wrote:

Both 5AA and TripleM pay good money to get the license to broadcast AFL...do you think they will do anything to jeopardise that?

But this is nothing to do with the AFL itself just the 2 AFL and they have **** all say about broadcast licenses.

All I can say is that at the moment the debate is finally getting some airtime and its MMM that are showing they are at least willing to see what happens. 5aa have just shut it down as much as possible. MMM actually played Roy Lards interview.
stan
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:18 am

stan wrote:
MW wrote:
stan wrote:

But this is nothing to do with the AFL itself just the 2 AFL and they have **** all say about broadcast licenses.

All I can say is that at the moment the debate is finally getting some airtime and its MMM that are showing they are at least willing to see what happens. 5aa have just shut it down as much as possible. MMM actually played Roy Lards interview.

FIVEaa are also the media partner for both the Crows and Power so they won't say anything negative about them. Both teams and also the AFL have no problem ringing up and asking the station not to say certain things.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:23 am

When Roo says "I love the SANFL but....." it reminds of when people say "I'm not racist but........"
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:24 am

Posted this on CDFC forum will be emailing Kris Grant as well again

Hey Doggy supporters we all still gotta support our footy club by getting memberships every year.

Most of us have not been happy with the intro of this AFL SCUM since day one most of us knew it would be a utter failure as proven to date.

Its taken me three years to go and see the FAAAARKKKS v Dogs only because i received complimentary tickets from the SANFL NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Its up to the six other SANFL clubs to grow a pair and take on the SANFL and oust the CONTAGION.

So lets all support Kris Grant Roy Laird and all the admin team who have been fighting this diabolical situation since day one.

Another way of getting the message across is e mailing these pricks may i suggest CDFC admin capture all the negative messages on the CDFC forum and also the same from SA Footy.net their are thousands upon thousands of negative posts accumulated over the last threes years on the SA Footy site i suggest all die hard SANFL followers check this site out to gauge the ANTI AFL sentiment.

Capture and send all these messages/posts to the FOOLS in charge of the SANFL and the SIX CEO"S of the clubs that voted yes

Failing that boycott all AFL reserves games i like the idea of supporters going to the club having a meal a few drinks a few bets pokies etc and FAARKK watching the game.

Might have to get hardcore and clubs refuse to play against them and forfeit games until the SANFL gets the message.

So i urge all supporters to still support Centrals and renew memberships.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL.
ApacheBulldog
1 Star Bulldog
1 Star Bulldog

SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:27 am

The CEO's didn't vote mate, they had no say, was clubs leage delegates which is usually the club president.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dogs72 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:39 am

Part of the problem is they're putting the discontent down to centrals losing on the weekend, the crows are playing their first final, haven't dominated etc. etc. but it's not all about win loss. It's about integrity and the fact the afl teams have added nothing to the league since their inception. Roo said "crowds have been declining for 20 years", this blanket statement is factually incorrect, but people believe it. Crowds were stable if not increasing pre- the reserves inclusion. They've now declined between 20-30%. The power reserves crowds are down about 27% due disenfranchised magpies supporters leaving the SANFL, and despite the reserves being more successful than the magpies. It's not about win loss.
No Roo, SANFL supporters aren't disenchanted by one crows win. There's 275 pages of evidence prior to show this.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:47 am

It just shows you how arrogant the fans of the AFL reserves really are. Especially those in positions of power.
These guys really should look for a political career with the way they spin white and like Dogs72 said, they make a blanket comment of a lie and somehow everything is ok.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby saintal » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:02 am

Well said Dogs72. Sh*ts me that the likes of Ruccuito and vocal crows fans on facebook etc. only think this is an issue b/c of Saturday’s result. They miss the point. They also have short memories, overlooking the fact that Port were a kick away from a flag and finished 2nd last season at end of minor round. People were complaining then, this is nothing new.

As far as media coverage goes…I tuned into 5AA sports show quite a bit last week (yes, some may question my sanity). With no AFL matches on I hoped there might be a bit more SANFL content. The Ellis-Yolmen saga got a bit of air time, and they had a chat with Heath Younie one night about the exciting proposition of playing a final. On a whim I sent them a text late Thusday, which to my surprise they actually addressed. To summarise the text it was basically ‘no AFL this week and yet SANFL still struggles to get a mention on your show. Some publicity of the other clubs may help get the 10K you want to see turn up’.

Both hosts were quite defensive about it, pointing to the chat with Younie as an example of them plugging the league, while Bickley struggled to grasp the concept that the more casual or armchair Sturt/South/Centrals supporters may be more persuaded to attend if they heard a bit about their club or a club representative was given air time to talk about the game in the lead up.

The station’s Thursday night SANFL segment and Sunday night show have both been culled over the past 2 years, this despite the inclusion of the reserves sides.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby DoublebluTiger » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:23 am

5AA rarely do around the grounds score updates like they use to with every ad break from their coverage even with it coming from interstate.

There is simply no main stream media presence of the SANFL anymore and it will only get worse.
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 50 times

Postby cennals05 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:26 am

saintal wrote:Well said Dogs72. Sh*ts me that the likes of Ruccuito and vocal crows fans on facebook etc. only think this is an issue b/c of Saturday’s result. They miss the point. They also have short memories, overlooking the fact that Port were a kick away from a flag and finished 2nd last season at end of minor round. People were complaining then, this is nothing new.

As far as media coverage goes…I tuned into 5AA sports show quite a bit last week (yes, some may question my sanity). With no AFL matches on I hoped there might be a bit more SANFL content. The Ellis-Yolmen saga got a bit of air time, and they had a chat with Heath Younie one night about the exciting proposition of playing a final. On a whim I sent them a text late Thusday, which to my surprise they actually addressed. To summarise the text it was basically ‘no AFL this week and yet SANFL still struggles to get a mention on your show. Some publicity of the other clubs may help get the 10K you want to see turn up’.

Both hosts were quite defensive about it, pointing to the chat with Younie as an example of them plugging the league, while Bickley struggled to grasp the concept that the more casual or armchair Sturt/South/Centrals supporters may be more persuaded to attend if they heard a bit about their club or a club representative was given air time to talk about the game in the lead up.

The station’s Thursday night SANFL segment and Sunday night show have both been culled over the past 2 years, this despite the inclusion of the reserves sides.

It was the SANFL that culled the shows on FIVEaa.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Grahaml » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:43 am

Not the Crows' fault the SANFL is dying. They didn't vote. Point all you like at 5AA, MMM, Riccuito and anyone whose primary focus is the AFL, but the real villains are the ones whose primary focus was meant to be the SANFL. Glenelg, North, West, Woodville-West Torrens, Sturt and Norwood are the right targets for the anger.

Would love to know whether Tripodi is still proud of the concessions he got in exchange for his vote.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:52 am

Grahaml wrote:Not the Crows' fault the SANFL is dying. They didn't vote. Point all you like at 5AA, MMM, Riccuito and anyone whose primary focus is the AFL, but the real villains are the ones whose primary focus was meant to be the SANFL. Glenelg, North, West, Woodville-West Torrens, Sturt and Norwood are the right targets for the anger.

Would love to know whether Tripodi is still proud of the concessions he got in exchange for his vote.

Crows are a valid target too as it was their lies and deceit that helped sway the ignorant directors.
4K per game and only entering the comp if the vote is unanimous ring a bell?

Their arrogance knowing it doesn't matter who they alienate in this state because they have a flock of plastic sheep that fly as one also adds to it. They've alienated many potential and existing followers of their club but they don't care as they don't have to work hard in marketing like most clubs do, another plastic sheep will just take over from any that fall off.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Not the Crows' fault the SANFL is dying. They didn't vote. Point all you like at 5AA, MMM, Riccuito and anyone whose primary focus is the AFL, but the real villains are the ones whose primary focus was meant to be the SANFL. Glenelg, North, West, Woodville-West Torrens, Sturt and Norwood are the right targets for the anger.

Crows are a valid target too as it was their lies and deceit that helped sway the ignorant directors.

Their arrogance knowing it doesn't matter who they alienate in this state because they have a flock of plastic sheep that fly as one also adds to it. They've alienated many potential and existing followers of their club but they don't care as they don't have to work hard in marketing like most clubs do, another plastic sheep will just take over from any that fall off.

There fans remind me of the old video game Lemmings.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby stan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:23 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Bang on there but Tripodi is still a bigger prick.

The Crows gave the bullshit and there is no way the clubs actually brought that garbage. It was just the agendas of a fricken deligates that sold us out.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL