All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 938

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:52 am

With the new scanning system, how do they count kids who require no ticket be scanned?
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:04 am

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:With the new scanning system, how do they count kids who require no ticket be scanned?

Same way they counted kids before and people who buy tickets at the gate.
Nothing's changed on who gets counted, it's just how they're counted.
The only other difference is the new system allows JTC to get emails thanking him for attending games whilst he's sitting in England, it's a much improved system! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2055 times
Been liked: 3903 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Keefy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:With the new scanning system, how do they count kids who require no ticket be scanned?

The official on the gate Saturday scanned both the kids membership cards even though they didn't require the need to.

They only work for home games. I have noticed a sheet in the table they have setup at the gate with various barcodes on it burmt rarely see it get scanned when people enter the ground
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby VALE PARK » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 pm

To me part of the problem is the SANFL programming with 5 byes.
If they do that again next year I will be absent too.
No yearly ticket or club membership for me.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby teaoby » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Keefy wrote:

The official on the gate Saturday scanned both the kids membership cards even though they didn't require the need to.

They only work for home games. I have noticed a sheet in the table they have setup at the gate with various barcodes on it burmt rarely see it get scanned when people enter the ground

South would be collecting the data on what kids (members) attend so that they can thank those at a a later date or reward attendance, its kind of important to know who is coming though the gate!
also the hand sets have push buttons for walk ups, the sheet is only for if that doesnt work for some reason.
beards dont kill people, people with beards kill people
teaoby
Reserves

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:29 am

Wedgie wrote:

Same way they counted kids before and people who buy tickets at the gate.
Nothing's changed on who gets counted, it's just how they're counted.
The only other difference is the new system allows JTC to get emails thanking him for attending games whilst he's sitting in England, it's a much improved system! :lol:

I was there in spirit :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Mickyj » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:16 am

Please correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure you will lol .
Adelaides rejects do they play the same day that the Afl side does .
I'm thinking they don't
So if that's the case why do ports rejects play when the AFL team is playing .
Surely as one club they both don't need to play in different states on the same day
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Dogs72 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:28 am

Mickyj wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure you will lol .
I'm thinking they don't
Surely as one club they both don't need to play in different states on the same day

Yes they do. Centrals last home game at 1:10pm was against the crows. Televised against the gate, so the crows afl game followed on. Probably part of the reason there was about 12 crows supporters there.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:48 am

zipzap wrote:Was surprised at the 3K crowd figure given at the Bay, felt very thin. There were quite a few in the bar (listening to someone playing acoustic guitar WTF) but the Members stand wasn't even half full which was strange given the media coverage lately. Only a few years ago the equivalent game got 12K.

I was hoping the Bays would put on a big display of skill against North, to raise expectations for this one. But they fell in a heap, hence this game was top v badly out of form.
I reckon the days of the 10,000 plus blockbuster in the minor round are stalled until we can get the rubbish out. Had Sturt and the Bays both been undefeated, 1st v 2nd on the ladder, in perfect weather conditions with no AFL interfering broadcasts, I reckon we could expect about 6,000 at the Bay.
Add integrity to the comp and you could double that figure.
Then the atmosphere of the day would work like a hook for a number of the young kids who are dragged along, guaranteeing some continuity of popularity. The current defeatist programming and attempt to hitch a ride on the skirts of the reserves kills off any hope of recruiting new supporters.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Dogs72 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure you will lol .
I'm thinking they don't

Yes they do. Centrals last home game at 1:10pm was against the crows. Televised against the gate, so the crows afl game followed on. Probably part of the reason there was about 12 crows supporters there.

OR it could be that they don't care, just like every other Crows supporter?

Just on that, nearly every supporter I know that supports an SANFL club hasn't started supporting the Cows ressies. So where are they getting their 4000 supporters from again?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Reddeer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Well I know that I was once a passionate Crows supporter in the AFL but as an Eagles supporter I have had no interest in the Crows or Port using the SANFL as practice and although I like to see the Crows win in the AFL my actual supporter has very much diminished
In fact I and my wife deliberately refuse to attend matches when the Eagles play AFL intruder teams
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Reddeer wrote:Well I know that I was once a passionate Crows supporter in the AFL but as an Eagles supporter I have had no interest in the Crows or Port using the SANFL as practice and although I like to see the Crows win in the AFL my actual supporter has very much diminished
In fact I and my wife deliberately refuse to attend matches when the Eagles play AFL intruder teams

I was a Crows supporter up until the moment they began pushing so hard to get into the SANFL, then I began losing interest. When they finally succeeded I lost all interest whatsoever in them. I felt no connection with them culturally, and more significantly, I was unable to think of them as anything but the enemy. So I switched back to my childhood team of Carlton. It has been very liberating actually, i could stomach them in the beginning, but aside from their complete disregard for the comp that birthed them, their stupid lollypop, 19th man, scoreboard telling them when to cheer, playing at a bloody "Crowval" (FFS, really... ) , there's no way known i could tolerate all that shit.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:07 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Reddeer wrote:Well I know that I was once a passionate Crows supporter in the AFL but as an Eagles supporter I have had no interest in the Crows or Port using the SANFL as practice and although I like to see the Crows win in the AFL my actual supporter has very much diminished

I was a Crows supporter up until the moment they began pushing so hard to get into the SANFL, then I began losing interest. When they finally succeeded I lost all interest whatsoever in them. I felt no connection with them culturally, and more significantly, I was unable to think of them as anything but the enemy. So I switched back to my childhood team of Carlton. It has been very liberating actually, i could stomach them in the beginning, but aside from their complete disregard for the comp that birthed them, their stupid lollypop, 19th man, scoreboard telling them when to cheer, playing at a bloody "Crowval" (FFS, really... ) , there's no way known i could tolerate all that shit.

Surely the Salary Cap scandal and the CEO keeping his job was enough.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:18 pm

I was in Japan during that, but yeah, that could form part of a list.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby RB » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:31 pm

therisingblues wrote:
zipzap wrote:Was surprised at the 3K crowd figure given at the Bay, felt very thin. There were quite a few in the bar (listening to someone playing acoustic guitar WTF) but the Members stand wasn't even half full which was strange given the media coverage lately. Only a few years ago the equivalent game got 12K.

I was hoping the Bays would put on a big display of skill against North, to raise expectations for this one. But they fell in a heap, hence this game was top v badly out of form.
I reckon the days of the 10,000 plus blockbuster in the minor round are stalled until we can get the rubbish out. Had Sturt and the Bays both been undefeated, 1st v 2nd on the ladder, in perfect weather conditions with no AFL interfering broadcasts, I reckon we could expect about 6,000 at the Bay.
Add integrity to the comp and you could double that figure.
Then the atmosphere of the day would work like a hook for a number of the young kids who are dragged along, guaranteeing some continuity of popularity. The current defeatist programming and attempt to hitch a ride on the skirts of the reserves kills off any hope of recruiting new supporters.

A good word to describe the logic/thinking when the league directors made their decision three years ago, and a good word to describe the way the league has run the comp since then.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1079 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:22 am

therisingblues wrote:I was a Crows supporter up until the moment they began pushing so hard to get into the SANFL, then I began losing interest. When they finally succeeded I lost all interest whatsoever in them. I felt no connection with them culturally, and more significantly, I was unable to think of them as anything but the enemy. So I switched back to my childhood team of Carlton. It has been very liberating actually, i could stomach them in the beginning, but aside from their complete disregard for the comp that birthed them, their stupid lollypop, 19th man, scoreboard telling them when to cheer, playing at a bloody "Crowval" (FFS, really... ) , there's no way known i could tolerate all that shit.

Pretty much parallels my experience, except I never went back to my childhood team. I now watch AFL out of a love for the game, but only as an interested unpartisan spectator.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby blood bath » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Reckon Bloods v Bays game today could beat the lowest crowd figure of 938 from last week..... Only 15
Mins til game and quite thin around the terraces.
blood bath
Under 16s

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby spell_check » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:42 pm

It's still a three figure number, but the SANFL have now got this attendance as 988, while the Glenelg/Sturt match of the same round is now 3190 and not 3260
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:06 am

spell_check wrote:It's still a three figure number, but the SANFL have now got this attendance as 988, while the Glenelg/Sturt match of the same round is now 3190 and not 3260

It's called quantitive easing. ;)
You take a little from column b and give it to column a
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:23 am

spell_check wrote:It's still a three figure number, but the SANFL have now got this attendance as 988, while the Glenelg/Sturt match of the same round is now 3190 and not 3260

A couple of absentee votes have come in for the Woody oval game but the Scrutineers at the Bay found some informal atteendees..... (they were only there for the Pokies)....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1819 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL