Tea Tree Gully
3%
Unley Mercedes Jets
9%

Total votes : 35

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 12:36 pm

morell wrote:
Jetters wrote:Maybe the rule is if you are cleared to another club, sign a contract and accept payment at that club you are not allowed to return. Or, you are not allowed to be cleared back to your original club and accept payment the following year.
Bit better, but you're still restricting clubs that are trying to rebuild. Which is utterly nonsensical. Its like taxing a business more for making a loss.

You're going about it the wrong way, we need to restrict the guys from *leaving* in the first place, not from going back.

Why is the "rebuild" necessary in the first place? That is where the argument begins.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7930 times

Postby Jetters » Thu May 26, 2016 12:36 pm

morell wrote:You're making broad, rubbish statements that to be honest are offensive to many good loyal club people. You're making assumptions based on a figment of your imagination.

To give you a semblance of reality, and this is just off the top of my head:

Nat McDonnell - didn't play in 2014 because he promised his family a year of football on Kangaroo Island. Under your rules, he wouldn't have been able to play for us in 2015. He's a life member and played 300 games. - Life member: exception

Ben Weekley - didnt play in 2011 because he wanted to test himself at D1 level for PHOS. Under your rules, he wouldn't have been able to play for us in 2012. He's since been a multiple BnF winner, captain and 200 games. - if your club is going through such tough times they have to request to drop divisions, don't leave

Luke McDonnell - didn't play in 2014 because of a broken hand and then moving to the NT. Under your rules, he wouldn't have been able to play or us in 2015. - didn't play!/not cleared to another club/interstate - heaps of exceptions

Damien Carr - left to play at Reynella and test himself at a higher level in 2014 - if your club is going through such tough times they have to request to drop divisions, don't leave

Adam Colquhoun - moved to the UK for a year in 2014 - didn't play!/not cleared to another club/overseas - heaps of exceptions

Sean Lindholm - moved to Edwardston to play in his mates 300th - if your club is going through such tough times they have to request to drop divisions, don't leave

etc etc etc etc

They are all great Mitchell Park people from great Mitchell Park families. They've all be integral in our ability to move our club out of the mire. None have demanded a single cent. Your rules, if implemented, would've seen the death of Mitchell Park. Of that there is no doubt.

Thankfully, the league has a bit more insight on what is involved in trying to keep clubs alive.

Did you guys request to drop divisions??????

The issue of clubs requesting to drop a heaps of divs seem to occur at clubs with poisonous cultures of club hopping and chasing an easy $$.

The scenarios you've considered are far less likely to apply in the situations we've seen at the clubs that have dropped a number of divisions, so those scenarios are not particularly relevant to the problem
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 12:38 pm

morell wrote:You're making broad, rubbish statements that to be honest are offensive to many good loyal club people. You're making assumptions based on a figment of your imagination.

To give you a semblance of reality, and this is just off the top of my head:

Nat McDonnell - didn't play in 2014 because he promised his family a year of football on Kangaroo Island. Under your rules, he wouldn't have been able to play for us in 2015. He's a life member and played 300 games.

Ben Weekley - didnt play in 2011 because he wanted to test himself at D1 level for PHOS. Under your rules, he wouldn't have been able to play for us in 2012. He's since been a multiple BnF winner, captain and 200 games.

Luke McDonnell - didn't play in 2014 because of a broken hand and then moving to the NT. Under your rules, he wouldn't have been able to play or us in 2015.

Damien Carr - left to play at Reynella and test himself at a higher level in 2014

Adam Colquhoun - moved to the UK for a year in 2014

Sean Lindholm - moved to Edwardston to play in his mates 300th

etc etc etc etc

They are all great Mitchell Park people from great Mitchell Park families. They've all be integral in our ability to move our club out of the mire. None have demanded a single cent. Your rules, if implemented, would've seen the death of Mitchell Park. Of that there is no doubt.

Thankfully, the league has a bit more insight on what is involved in trying to keep clubs alive.

I don't think the topic relates to Mitchell Park in the slightest, your examples are irrelevant to the point that Jetters and myself are making.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jetters » Thu May 26, 2016 12:39 pm

morell wrote:Yeah ok, so maybe some of the restrictions need to be put in place for only those sides that have been successful? I know its not good having a year of pain and lopsided results, but maybe a stricter adherence to promotion and relegation wouldn't go astray.

I find it a bitter pill to swallow that after the worst year in our history in 2104 where we did the right thing, stayed in D6, duly got belted by 40 goals most weeks - that we wouldn't be able to welcome back a few good club people who had been scattered in the wind the next year to keep the club alive.

Exactly, if your club goes through a down patch your club has to swallow the bitter pill. You don't get to serve them out to the clubs doing the right thing.

Unfortunately, the lack of regulation has spun this around
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Jetters wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jetters wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Lucky the league has you two to sort these things out............

I've made a typically rock solid suggestion.

If a club elects to drop divisions, A graders who leave may not be allowed to return for a determined period.

Here's a rock solid suggestion that will solve a question that's been confounding scientists for centuries
Next time you play Salisbury West, swap your B and C Grades so we can finally sort out whether a D1R side could beat a D7 A Grade side

Might tell us if a D1R side could beat a Div3/4 side...

From what I've seen this year, I reckon Goody Saints & TTG D1R sides would scare a few sides
Some very good (and big) footballers running around in D1R
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 722 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:46 pm

Here, I'll chuck another can of petrol on the fire
A few clubs wanted Edwardstown to start off in D7
They think any new club should start off at the bottom
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Here, I'll chuck another can of petrol on the fire

Common sense prevailed. I think generally the SAAFL get it right, they don't have crystal balls.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Common sense prevailed. I think generally the SAAFL get it right, they don't have crystal balls.

Exactly: no mention of St Pauls, Flinders Uni, CU or North Pines in this discussion
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby morell » Thu May 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I don't think the topic relates to Mitchell Park in the slightest, your examples are irrelevant to the point that Jetters and myself are making.

Jetters wrote:Exactly, if your club goes through a down patch your club has to swallow the bitter pill. You don't get to serve them out to the clubs doing the right thing.

Unfortunately, the lack of regulation has spun this around
If what you're saying is this rule would only apply to clubs that requested to drop down divisions after being successful then I misunderstood, apologise, and sort of agree.

If its for all clubs that for one reason or another drop to one team, fold or get relegated. Then it's batshit crazy.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Thu May 26, 2016 12:58 pm

how many players are suddenly flooding back to SW?

less than 5? woop doop

more than 10?

such as morell states there may be genuine reasons for departures

div 7 as ive constantly mentioned is a 'nursery division' where flaking clubs are nursed upon the backs of sometimes cgrade clubs to try to restore strength and rebuild

just look at the success of smithfield ingle farm etc

if SW are mounting new foundations to see them rise and rise again for many years to come, then their place in the nursery div 7 is justified
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Jetters » Thu May 26, 2016 1:12 pm

Nah, good common sense decision
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 1:14 pm

marbles wrote:how many players are suddenly flooding back to SW?

less than 5? woop doop

more than 10?

such as morell states there may be genuine reasons for departures

div 7 as ive constantly mentioned is a 'nursery division' where flaking clubs are nursed upon the backs of sometimes cgrade clubs to try to restore strength and rebuild

if SW are mounting new foundations to see them rise and rise again for many years to come, then their place in the nursery div 7 is justified

Salisbury West have a player that was listed with SANFL Crows last season, to their credit most of Salisbury West A Grade is home grown, no one could've predicted in February how things were going to unfold and I don't think that there is big mobs of money being thrown around.

Smithfield is a different kettle of fish all together, they had a player exodus due to reasons that I'd sooner not speculate on here, they were going to close the doors on footy until a couple of older blokes made a last ditch effort to get some players together and keep alive in the C grade comp where they got belted each week.

They gradually rebuilt to two sides with moderate success in the A's but had no depth in the B's to having a successful A grade and improved B grade to now, where they have been promoted in successive years, a very competitive B grade and now fielding a C grade. In essence, it's taken them 7 years to get back to a middle of the rung div 5 side, with a C grade nowadays though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Thu May 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Exactly: no mention of St Pauls, Flinders Uni, CU or North Pines in this discussion

Why do these clubs need to be mentioned in this subject. All very middle of the road teams in div 7, at best. So what if they are "A" grade teams playing some "C" grade teams. Results so far show that they are in their true , correct grade. Don't think any of them have asked to be demoted multiple grades. St P its their 2nd season, both in div 7. FU have been in the bottom grade for seasons, even only having one team a few seasons ago and have rebuilt to 2 teams and having their best season for many. CU finished bottom of div 6 last seaon and got relegated. NP similar to FU only having one side last year.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:34 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Exactly: no mention of St Pauls, Flinders Uni, CU or North Pines in this discussion

Why do these clubs need to be mentioned in this subject. All very middle of the road teams in div 7, at best. So what if they are "A" grade teams playing some "C" grade teams. Results so far show that they are in their true , correct grade. Don't think any of them have asked to be demoted multiple grades. St P its their 2nd season, both in div 7. FU have been in the bottom grade for seasons, even only having one team a few seasons ago and have rebuilt to 2 teams and having their best season for many. CU finished bottom of div 6 last seaon and got relegated. NP similar to FU only having one side last year.

I agree; Salisbury West are in the cross hairs because they are dominating. Just saying there are 5 A Grade clubs in Div 7 and no-ones bitching about the other 4 clubs. Salisbury West played in Div 7 last year and didn't make finals so I dont see what all the fuss is about
PAOC got beaten at home by them by 18 goals so SW are pretty good. We just have to work out a way to beat them
Their Bs aren't dominating so a few injuries to their best players can hurt them whereas we have the depth to cover ours to a greater extent - coming in from top and bottom
Plenty of clubs have dominated all year and lost the big one - that's all that matters
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 10:20 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:

I agree; Salisbury West are in the cross hairs because they are dominating. Just saying there are 5 A Grade clubs in Div 7 and no-ones bitching about the other 4 clubs. Salisbury West played in Div 7 last year and didn't make finals so I dont see what all the fuss is about
PAOC got beaten at home by them by 18 goals so SW are pretty good. We just have to work out a way to beat them
Their Bs aren't dominating so a few injuries to their best players can hurt them whereas we have the depth to cover ours to a greater extent - coming in from top and bottom
Plenty of clubs have dominated all year and lost the big one - that's all that matters

Spot on, the best thing is how many of them are former Salisbury West juniors who would be playing for bugger all.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 27, 2016 12:15 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:NP similar to FU only having one side last year.

Didn't Salis West only have one side last year as well?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4009 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 27, 2016 12:16 pm

marbles wrote:div 7 as ive constantly mentioned is a 'nursery division' where flaking clubs are nursed upon the backs of sometimes cgrade clubs to try to restore strength and rebuild

Knock it off mate! Ingle Farm were demoted to D7 on the back of 3 seasons of piss poor performances in D6.. went down and came straight back up..

**** ing nursery division.. :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4009 times

Postby marbles » Fri May 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Zartan wrote:
marbles wrote:div 7 as ive constantly mentioned is a 'nursery division' where flaking clubs are nursed upon the backs of sometimes cgrade clubs to try to restore strength and rebuild

Knock it off mate! Ingle Farm were demoted to D7 on the back of 3 seasons of piss poor performances in D6.. went down and came straight back up..

**** ing nursery division.. :roll:

well yea, you were piss poor frail and shakey

you came to div 7 all your soldiers got on board cos it was a piss easy season everyone cheered and danced around in joy cos you beat cgraders, and now your once again a rock solid football club

whats not to comprehend that you were nursed into rehabilitation off the back of playing cgrade clubs :shock:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 27, 2016 12:26 pm

marbles wrote:

you came to div 7 all your soldiers got on board cos it was a piss easy season everyone cheered and danced around in joy cos you beat cgraders, and now your once again a rock solid football club

whats not to comprehend that you were nursed into rehabilitation off the back of playing cgrade clubs :shock:

I may be stupid but I thought it was more of a case of getting the right people in the right roles at the club and making the place a more attractive club to play footy for, but what would I know, I'm just an animated car.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
marbles wrote:

I may be stupid but I thought it was more of a case of getting the right people in the right roles at the club and making the place a more attractive club to play footy for, but what would I know, I'm just an animated car.

Yes you may be, but it's all about beating up on C grade clubs that makes a club better.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League