Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:58 am

Spargo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
carey wrote:The thing I take out of the Sydney game is, The Crows are a far better side than I gave them credit for.

You've gone soft :lol:

A bit like his team...

I cant even argue with you. :(
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby stan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:16 am

Corona Man wrote:
carey wrote:The thing I take out of the Sydney game is, The Crows are a far better side than I gave them credit for.

I agree with you Carey.... A few injuries to key personnel (like any side) will bring them back a notch or so.

That is true. Depending how Jacobs pulls up this weekend would could get a glimps of that. Jacobs is a massive cog for the crows and one of the reasons why they are so strong aroung the clearances.

But at the moment they are very impressive.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:18 am

stan wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

I agree with you Carey.... A few injuries to key personnel (like any side) will bring them back a notch or so.

That is true. Depending how Jacobs pulls up this weekend would could get a glimps of that. Jacobs is a massive cog for the crows and one of the reasons why they are so strong aroung the clearances.

But at the moment they are very impressive.

With that said I thought Tippett clearly beat him.
carey
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:06 am

Are you ready to jump ship? :shock: :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4023 times

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 am

Zartan wrote:

Are you ready to jump ship? :shock: :lol:

No, I'm still interested in women.
carey
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:30 am

Not the only one there Carey - including most crows supporters!

As others have mentioned it remains to be seen if we can keep this level up, but I love what I am seeing so far
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Whether Adelaide can keep up this form remains to be seen but one thing I will give the current group credit for to date is their character.

3 of the last 6 matches Adelaide have played including last years finals they have been balls deep for its entirety in high quality, intense contests that people talk about for days, weeks after. Love the way these blokes have bonded. Just an awful shame how it's all happened!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 pm

Pike is a drill seargent that wont tolerate bs

The unit will continue to be kept on its toes and he'll give anyone the boot quick smart unlike port power

Is menzel hitting any form in the ressies yet?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:17 pm

marbles wrote:Pike is a drill seargent that wont tolerate bs

The unit will continue to be kept on its toes and he'll give anyone the boot quick smart unlike port power

Not sure he is even in our best 25

Cameron and knight ahead of him for a small forward spot. Milera ruled out this week, I would expect Cameron to come in
bennymacca
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:47 pm

marbles wrote:Pike is a drill seargent that wont tolerate bs

There will still be many more questions asked of the Crows, I'm very glad they stood up to their first intense one this year on the weekend. Let's see once teams really study their plan and develop theories to shut it down and ultimately how we respond.

Can't wait for Friday night, not just the match but also to be part of a proper ANZAC Day rememberence in Melbourne. I can't wait to see how they go!
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Grahaml » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:46 am

I think Menzel is a seriously talented kid. Needs some time to get hit fitness and strength up and also to get the Carlton rubbish out of his system. Will probably find his way into the senior side at one point, but I'd be more than happy just to get a really solid 12 months into him.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby TEX07 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:41 am

bennymacca wrote:

Not the only one there Carey - including most crows supporters!

As others have mentioned it remains to be seen if we can keep this level up, but I love what I am seeing so far

I am one of the crows supporters who have been surprised this season, seriously thought that by this game we were going to be 1-3 not 3-1. I also thought that we would lose the next 4 games based on previous seasons. Some of the sides that were talked up as being top 8 sides have really started poorly too - Port, Collingwood, Richmond and Freo all would have more wins penciled in at this point too.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby MW » Wed May 04, 2016 4:16 pm

I didn't get a chance to see any of the Freo game over the weekend...was it that boring that it's not worth talking about? lol
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2628 times
Been liked: 1860 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 04, 2016 4:18 pm

MW wrote:I didn't get a chance to see any of the Freo game over the weekend...was it that boring that it's not worth talking about? lol

Yep!

Workmanlike win, did what we had to do.

Huge game this week, I reckon we will go alright.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:12 pm

bennymacca wrote:
MW wrote:I didn't get a chance to see any of the Freo game over the weekend...was it that boring that it's not worth talking about? lol

Yep!

Workmanlike win, did what we had to do.

Huge game this week, I reckon we will go alright.

Yeah, we were due for a bit of a flat game after the last few weeks against Swans and Hawks. You just tick that game off as a win and move on.

Dogs this week is a different challenge, will be an interesting selection.

Crouch IN for probably Lyons
Laird OUT for maybe Henderson

Will be interesting to see how we match up against the Dogs small forwards. Talia takes Stringer, Hartigan takes Tom Campbell which leaves Leaver and Cheney to play on the likes of Dickson. If we can get them to bomb the ball in long again like they did last week we will have no issues IMO.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 04, 2016 5:18 pm

yeah i am feeling pretty confident given how their forward line functioned last week.

Also agree that Crouch and Henderson will come in for Lyons and Laird. Probably Milera for Cameron too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed May 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Reckon the Dogs will be much better this week.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5510 times
Been liked: 5141 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby hawks21 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Spargo wrote:Reckon the Dogs will be much better this week.

They weren't that bad last week in a scappy game, they just lacked a genuine key forward (like Waite/Petrie) to kick 2-3 and take some big grabs. Lets hope that continues this week!
hawks21
Reserves

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri May 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Big game this week. I have no doubt what we are striving towards for the long term vision of the club and in my opinion this will get better over the next 2-3 years as our defensive back 6 gets bigger and better. Fast-forwarding to the short term vision this year... we need to start winning games against top 6 opponents away from home. We could have easily had 2 scalps this year, however it's where this group is truly at.

We have shown continual signs of consistent improvement from the beginning of last year. Even this year we were solid v North, better against Hawthorn except for 5 minutes (when it counts), I would expect the Crows to go to Melbourne this week and knock the Dogs off if we continue that consistent, improving form and we continue to address our flaws and continue to work on them such as we have been doing (especially this year). Anything less than that is a step backwards for this group I feel.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:57 am

Not a good game for us on Saturday night.

We got it wrong in the coach’s box and some of the senior players had bad games which you can’t afford to do against good sides.
Douglas (possibly has the worst game of his career – missed 2 easy set shots and finished with 9 possessions, Walker (got his hands to about 20 marks, finally plucked a few late in the game and set up a few goals – form will come) Betts, Thompson, even Sloane well beaten!

We went in too tall/slow in the backlines. Hartigan or Cheney needed to be rested for a quicker/smaller player. Hartigan on Stringer again was a horrible move, should have learnt from last year’s game! Dogs did it well, took Talia high up the ground and Hartigan to the goal square.

We were smashed in the midfield (-21 contested possessions) and we aren’t going to win many game conceding 68-37 inside 50’s!

Positives out of the game IMO were the fact we only played about 30 minutes of good football and nearly pinched the game (If Sloane was paid that mark late in the last quarter to put us in front we might have pinched it) and our ability to score 17 goals from 37 inside 50’s. Jenkins and Cameron our best Saturday night IMO.

While the umpires didn’t help us, it was far from the reason we lost…it was probably the ones they didn’t pay rather than the ones they paid the Dogs as they were mostly there as they were first to the ball.

Expecting a better 4 quarter performance at home this week!
hawks21
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL