Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby am Bays » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:24 pm

Booney wrote:Surely a Woodville West Torrens Cricket Club based where the Woodville West Torrens Football Club plays would be the best outcome?

AS someone with no real allegiance to ay Grade Club, surely turfing Adelaide Uni from the competition is the best outcome?

I mean if it was good enough to turf the FUCCs out 25 years ago (yes they only played Cs, Ds and Es), the same can easily be applied to Adelaide Uni.

Wasn't the Teachers College kicked out of the Grade/District comp in the 70s???
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1823 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:29 pm

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:Surely a Woodville West Torrens Cricket Club based where the Woodville West Torrens Football Club plays would be the best outcome?

AS someone with no real allegiance to ay Grade Club, surely turfing Adelaide Uni from the competition is the best outcome?

I mean if it was good enough to turf the FUCCs out 25 years ago (yes they only played Cs, Ds and Es), the same can easily be applied to Adelaide Uni.

Wasn't the Teachers College kicked out of the Grade/District comp in the 70s???

Reckon Teachers went so TTG could come in....

Yes the simple answer from the outside is University but when the ex club captain is on the SACA board and your president is the State Chief Prosecutor look what happens.

According to University they have offered to fill the void in the juniors that is now created but SACA have said no.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1264 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:41 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:The South Australian Cricket Association (SACA) can today confirm further decisions regarding the West End Premier Cricket 1st Grade men’s competition.

The SACA Board has communicated to the West Torrens District Cricket Club and Port Adelaide Cricket Club that its preferred position is for the two clubs to merge.

Woodville District Cricket Club will remain as its own entity in the West End Premier Cricket 1st Grade competition for the 2016/17 season.

SACA reconfirms that additional funding will be provided towards infrastructure expenditure for facilities for a new entity, with additional funding towards on-costs such as legal fees, communications and marketing to facilitate a merger.

SACA will continue to work with the new entity to source further funding from external sources.

“It is important to SACA that, while pursuing the best interests of cricket in South Australia, we also seek ways to retain the history of the clubs involved with the Association where possible,” said SACA Chief Executive, Keith Bradshaw.

“We believe the proposed merger will mitigate the issues identified in the Premier Cricket Report including the limitations within their respective geographical areas.”

The SACA Board also confirmed that should either club be unwilling to commit to merger discussions, it will immediately make a termination to return to a 12-team competition, reducing it from the current 13-team structure.

Where is this article from? Can't see it on SACA website
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:55 pm

It's a SACA press release. Sent out this afternoon.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Aerie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:03 pm

SACA Board members have been taken down from website. Soft pricks. Absolute disgrace. No accountability. Come out and tell us why you're destroying a club who would be 160 years old next year.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 509 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Looking through the Board:

Andrew Sinclair (president) - no idea who he is or his background
Andrea Slattery - is this the mother of Chris Slattery, former University player?
Nathan Adcock - University
Andrew Hilditch - Played for Glenelg, son plays at University
Robert Hill-Smith - not sure of background. St Peters Old Collegians?
Bob Snewin - Glenelg
Rod Phillips - Sturt
Sally Niehuus - Glenelg
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby oyster » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:50 pm

Aerie wrote:SACA Board members have been taken down from website. Soft pricks. Absolute disgrace. No accountability. Come out and tell us why you're destroying a club who would be 160 years old next year.

Exactly. Bradshaw and his cronies have a lot of answering to do. Disgraceful how West Torrens were even mentioned in dispatches. Now we all know why with West Beach going ahead.
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:05 pm

What makes woodville so precious & untouchable ?

Why not woodville west torrens eagles (cos god knows whats a raccabite is)

Huge for marketing and to hav a summer identity of the football club is also great

Would woodville oval be available for cricket in summer? If isnt already

But the port adelaide west torrens cricket club what the hell!!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:15 pm

Oh wait theyre the peckers lol
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby bulldogproud2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:30 pm

oyster wrote:
Aerie wrote:SACA Board members have been taken down from website. Soft pricks. Absolute disgrace. No accountability. Come out and tell us why you're destroying a club who would be 160 years old next year.

Exactly. Bradshaw and his cronies have a lot of answering to do. Disgraceful how West Torrens were even mentioned in dispatches. Now we all know why with West Beach going ahead.

This decision is shaking me up badly. I was staring at my pills in the bathroom, seriously considering taking an overdose. How can they possibly even contemplate doing this to a 159 year old, successful club??
Have realised that we have to do all we can to save this great club, giving into SACA on this will not happen!!
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:27 am

bulldogproud2 wrote:
oyster wrote:

This decision is shaking me up badly. I was staring at my pills in the bathroom, seriously considering taking an overdose. How can they possibly even contemplate doing this to a 159 year old, successful club??
Have realised that we have to do all we can to save this great club, giving into SACA on this will not happen!!

Many, many people at the Club (and no doubt Port) are hurting BP2, but don't take your pain that way, please!!

We have played "nice" with SACA for months, done everything asked of them, not put a foot wrong. I firmly believe they had made up their minds anyway, and this whole process was just for show.

There are some big things planned now, stay tuned, will be fighting this to the death, we have nothing to lose now as we are basically screwed now anyway. Some of the stuff we are hearing that SACA have done are a disgrace, and they will not get away with it. Similar to how Don Scott saved the Hawks in the late 90's, so many passionate Eagles are ready for the fight of their lives!

All being led by Bradshaw, and Shane Bernhardt from SACA - how a life Member of Adelaide can be responsible for kicking out another Club is beyond a joke!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:46 am

There is an on-line petition if you want to support the clubs involved or should I say clubs affected...

https://www.change.org/p/keep-west-torrens-district-cricket-club-port-adelaide-cricket-club-as-stand-alone-clubs?recruiter=514601657
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:37 am

Mr Beefy wrote:There is an on-line petition if you want to support the clubs involved or should I say clubs affected...

https://www.change.org/p/keep-west-torrens-district-cricket-club-port-adelaide-cricket-club-as-stand-alone-clubs?recruiter=514601657

I'm confused.........

West Torrens DCC wrote:The SACA Board made a decision to allow clubs to continue to consider a merger. Clubs had to respond by March 15th with the SACA Board deciding on March 21st. Our clubs decision was that we would consider a merger.

Is everyone at WTDCC not pulling in the same direction??
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1264 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:18 am

heater31 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:There is an on-line petition if you want to support the clubs involved or should I say clubs affected...

I'm confused.........

West Torrens DCC wrote:The SACA Board made a decision to allow clubs to continue to consider a merger. Clubs had to respond by March 15th with the SACA Board deciding on March 21st. Our clubs decision was that we would consider a merger.

You are never going to get 100% of people at any sporting Club agree on everything. But the Board has been unanimous with its decisions and directions. Unfortunately, we have been fed a pack of lies by SACA. Led by your ex Club man Mr.Bernhardt. Classic was telling us in one of our many meetings SACA was getting rid of Junior Zones next year. We raise this at Delegates meeting and SACA deny it. So many more examples as well. The SACA Board has two Glenelg people and 3 or 4 Uni people making decisions that will help out their Clubs. Special general Meeting needed to sack the Board, bring it on! Muppets for Bradshaw!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Lame Choice » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:13 am

heater31 wrote:

I'm confused.........

Nice bait.
The club is on it's knees. Not surprising that prior WTDCC statements have left options. That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why they are the obvious SACA target. WTDCC hasn't done a lot wrong to deserve this.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby rainbow warrior » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:30 am

I signed this. HAve no affiliation with either club other than playing against them both 16- 20 years ago. Such clubs with such long history should not be forced to make these decisions on a whim by SACA.
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:56 am

rainbow warrior wrote:Such clubs with such long history should not be forced to make these decisions on a whim by SACA.

Not that I necessarily agree with the circumstances and outcome, but it's not like this has just happened overnight - everyone knew that the Grade comp was going to be reduced after the findings of the Zadow report... it's been a couple seasons in the making, and to be honest SACA's hand was forced given no club(s) were able to come to an agreement.

Did they get the right clubs? No, I don't think so...
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4030 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:00 am

Zartan wrote:
rainbow warrior wrote:Such clubs with such long history should not be forced to make these decisions on a whim by SACA.

Not that I necessarily agree with the circumstances and outcome, but it's not like this has just happened overnight - everyone knew that the Grade comp was going to be reduced after the findings of the Zadow report... it's been a couple seasons in the making, and to be honest SACA's hand was forced given no club(s) were able to come to an agreement.

Did they get the right clubs? No, I don't think so...

That is so true Zartan - been talking about it for ages, so whoever got targeted were obviously not going to be happy!

Interesting thing about Zadow report is it does not mention Western Suburbs clubs at all - so SACA have gone against this and done what they wanted, very underhanded the way they have done it.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:09 am

How will the merger impact country zones? Will WT & PA keep their zones or will it all be re-zoned?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4030 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:17 am

Zartan wrote:How will the merger impact country zones? Will WT & PA keep their zones or will it all be re-zoned?

Adelaide Uni will probs take them over....
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps