West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:27 am

Zartan wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:Regarding pre xmas training - each to their own I reckon. Personally I am a fan of having a few runs just to get everyone together and lay the ground rules. I also like to set expectations for post xmas return conditioning, that way players know what is expected and hopefully if they are serious about their footy and success they will come back in better shape. There is not a lot of time between mid Jan and Round 1 (approx. 11 weeks). Its also important for new recruits to be introduced to the other players as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with mates getting together and having a bit of a run. Don't see how having a few runs and then a 3-4 weeks xmas break is gonna lead to burn out!

11 weeks is ample time.

haha...if that was the case....how come you went to the Gym everyday last week?
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 am

Inallseriousness wrote:haha...if that was the case....how come you went to the Gym everyday last week?

1. I'm starting well behind the rest of the pack.
2. 11 weeks is ample if the program is prepared correctly.. if you cant build up a strong fitness base in that time then you must be doing something wrong or not working hard enough.
3. I'm self motivated, these other clowns are not :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4006 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:39 am

Zartan wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:haha...if that was the case....how come you went to the Gym everyday last week?

2. 11 weeks is ample if the program is prepared correctly.. if you cant build up a strong fitness base in that time then you must be doing something wrong or not working hard enough.

ok, hopefully 'our' program is prepared correctly

BTW you might want to rethink 1 and 3 as they seem to be contradicting each other :D
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Postby Jetters » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:36 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
Q. wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:Don't know Q.
If they did it was a waste of time.
Personally I'd start running 3 times a week x 5k the day after the Melbourne Cup.

Wait, so you did your own pre-xmas training?

Yet, organised group training was a waste time? Doesn't make sense.

Bloody oath I did.
Clubs feel obliged these days to get the group together before Xmas because they are scared shiteless of losing players.
My point is how piss poor players are these days because 90% of them wouldn't know how to do the right thing by their club and team mates in preparing themselves for a footy season.
I'm not saying don't do pre Xmas stuff.
Go for it.
Just don't think it's required if the playing group has the right attitude towards wanting success.

A playing group with the right attitude and training before xmas will be better than a group with the right attitude that start after.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Zartan wrote:

It amazes me that so many coaches, people involved in football all think they can 'corrctly prepare a preseason program' with no qualifications or expertise in the area. Someone earlier mentioned running lots of 5kmers, a lot of clubs do stuff like that and it just doesnt make sense.
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Jetters wrote:Someone earlier mentioned running lots of 5kmers, a lot of clubs do stuff like that and it just doesnt make sense.

Are you trying to tell me that, in a football game, we don't run at a constant speed for 5km intervals?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:39 pm

Jetters wrote:
Zartan wrote:

It amazes me that so many coaches, people involved in football all think they can 'corrctly prepare a preseason program' with no qualifications or expertise in the area. Someone earlier mentioned running lots of 5kmers, a lot of clubs do stuff like that and it just doesnt make sense.

That would have been me Jetters.
I did it off my own bat well before group pre season started, me being a midfielder and back in the day we rarely changed so it would make perfect sense to have Ks under the legs wouldn't it ?
Don't just pick and choose what you reply too without due consideration whether or not your comment is relevant or just plain dumb.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Jetters » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
Jetters wrote:
Zartan wrote:

That would have been me Jetters.
I did it off my own bat well before group pre season started, me being a midfielder and back in the day we rarely changed so it would make perfect sense to have Ks under the legs wouldn't it ?
Don't just pick and choose what you reply too without due consideration whether or not your comment is relevant or just plain dumb.

no
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:46 pm

I think what Jetters is getting at is that in an AFL game you utilise three different energy systems and that training should try to encompass improving all three of those systems.
Q.
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Q. wrote:I think what Jetters is getting at is that in an AFL game you utilise three different energy systems and that training should try to encompass improving all three of those systems.

But we're not playing AFL :)
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Q. wrote:I think what Jetters is getting at is that in an AFL game you utilise three different energy systems and that training should try to encompass improving all three of those systems.

The concept is the same.
Q.
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:01 pm

Q. wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:

The concept is the same.

Understand ya. But this is Div 6 amateur league and I personally think early pre-seasons are a bit overrated. Especially when this division is not really based on pace and fitness. But physical strength and then maybe skills. The 5km time trials in this division I would say are a bit over the top. Short, sharp, lots of skills with a bit of hard running every now and then (maybe a time trial once every 3 weeks).
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:29 pm

I don't think it's overrated and there should most certainly be an emphasis on training the anaerobic glycolysis system.
Q.
Coach

Postby old farmer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:Regarding pre xmas training - each to their own I reckon. Personally I am a fan of having a few runs just to get everyone together and lay the ground rules. I also like to set expectations for post xmas return conditioning, that way players know what is expected and hopefully if they are serious about their footy and success they will come back in better shape. There is not a lot of time between mid Jan and Round 1 (approx. 11 weeks). Its also important for new recruits to be introduced to the other players as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with mates getting together and having a bit of a run. Don't see how having a few runs and then a 3-4 weeks xmas break is gonna lead to burn out!

11 weeks is ample time.

haha...if that was the case....how come you went to the Gym everyday last week?

You didn't fall for that one did you. The only Gym Zarton knows is the one that mows his lawn.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:23 am

Jetters wrote:
Zartan wrote:

How do you know I don't have experience and expertise in the area of strength and conditioning, long term training programs and formulating pre season programmes? ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4006 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:37 am

Because Jetters knows all.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Inallseriousness » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:54 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Because Jetters knows all.

Ye....ok! :roll:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Postby Barry » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Any good rumours getting about? Ins and Outs??
Barry
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:Don't know LM.

No, I don't know who wrote what.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:33 pm

Barry wrote:Any good rumours getting about? Ins and Outs??

In's
Adelaide Lutheran
Woodville South
Houghton
Mitchell Park

Out's
Smithfield
Lockleys
Central United
Bye
Executive Member
Veteran