HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Legs Man » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:08 pm

RE fielding 5 sides

I reckon we will be OK at Echunga from what I have heard and will get the 5 sides (might mean some lads playing 2 games though occasionally)

Have heard Uraidla is struggling to fill 5 though and TV definitely wont

Will be interesting to see how this pans out and how it is enforced

HFL will definitely need to ask ALL clubs to supply names for junior sides prior the draw coming out if it is going down this path.

Would make Div 2 interesting with 3 of the top 5 Div 1 sides from 2015 playing in it...
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby sideview » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Seems to me Legsman that is what the big clubs and most of the HFL board want.
sideview
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby 2old2slow » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:18 pm

i agree cracka hardly a big fish yes a grade would be competitive b grade would lose buy ten goals (even though kersy won div2 ) its been tuff getting the juniors up and running again at kersbrook and playing the likes of hahndorf and blackwood would absolutley destroy the kids confidence and theyd be back too square one. on another matter i believe the only way to fix the junior problem is to go back to 2 teams 14s and 17s. but unfortunately the big clubs wont allow this to happen
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby running defender » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:08 pm

A Div 1 comp with 4 teams Blackwood, Hahndorf, Mt Barker and Mt Lofty
Have fun boys, what a riveting comp that will be
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby cracka » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:58 am

2old2slow wrote:i agree cracka hardly a big fish yes a grade would be competitive b grade would lose buy ten goals (even though kersy won div2 ) its been tuff getting the juniors up and running again at kersbrook and playing the likes of hahndorf and blackwood would absolutley destroy the kids confidence and theyd be back too square one. on another matter i believe the only way to fix the junior problem is to go back to 2 teams 14s and 17s. but unfortunately the big clubs wont allow this to happen

The biggest opponent of that suggestion was actually Kangarilla.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:00 am

sideview wrote:Seems to me Legsman that is what the big clubs and most of the HFL board want.

Who are these so called big club's.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:09 am

running defender wrote:A Div 1 comp with 4 teams Blackwood, Hahndorf, Mt Barker and Mt Lofty
Have fun boys, what a riveting comp that will be

Are these the so called big club's. So 4 out of 19 club's are running the HFL, give me a break. :roll:
cracka
Veteran

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:26 am

I don't even know how you would define a club as big??

what are the prerequisites of a "big club"
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Yellow & Black » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:29 am

Mt Barker is hardly a powerhouse. Both senior teams missed finals. It's a joke really but I'm sure they'll be out to prove a point in 2016. God help us if they're "running the HFL".

Hahndorf is the best run club. Their Junior program is the envy of the comp. Going by results, Lobethal is batting well above their average with 4 out of 5 teams playing finals with under 13's finished 6th, throw in a competitive C Grade and you have a great club, that's a massive achievement.

If all clubs comply with the $4k spend, Lobethal will only be stronger. Roll on 2017 when the $3k spend is enforced.
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Sniper » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Congratulations to Jessie Aish for his appointment as senior coach of the Echunga Football club.
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby jo172 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Onkaparinga have found a cute method of salary cap avoidance with their new Junior Development Co-Ordinator
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Alaska » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:20 pm

What Cracka have you been moved on? :shock:
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby cracka » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Alaska wrote:What Cracka have you been moved on? :shock:

Yep. I havent had a lot to do with it this year with work mainly & my son has taken up downhill mountain biking & he wont be playing next year so it was time to move on. I think this will be a different role to Junior rep though. Apparently Uraidla & Echunga (Jesse Aish) have had paid Junior development officers for a year now & its where we got the idea from.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:47 pm

cracka wrote:Yep. I havent had a lot to do with it this year with work mainly & my son has taken up downhill mountain biking & he wont be playing next year so it was time to move on. I think this will be a different role to Junior rep though. Apparently Uraidla & Echunga (Jesse Aish) have had paid Junior development officers for a year now & its where we got the idea from.

Really ? They haven't had a very good return on investment then....
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby cracka » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
cracka wrote:Yep. I havent had a lot to do with it this year with work mainly & my son has taken up downhill mountain biking & he wont be playing next year so it was time to move on. I think this will be a different role to Junior rep though. Apparently Uraidla & Echunga (Jesse Aish) have had paid Junior development officers for a year now & its where we got the idea from.

Really ? They haven't had a very good return on investment then....

Uraidlas modis numbers have increased a heap in the last couple of years, but obviously will take time to filter through to M/C, J/C & S/C. Echungas juniors were a lot more competitive this year I thought, albeit from my limited involvement. Lobethal have had a junior development acedemy for a couple of years which is run quite successfully by some parents.
We tried to get one up & running last year but started planning it too late, we've also done some primary school coaching clinics in the early weeks of term 1 for the last 2 years but the amount of time involved in doing these things is huge, hence why clubs are now looking to pay people to do it. I think its just the way we have to go to keep numbers involved in footy, not just for Onkas but for football across the state.
The HFL have looked into it (part of the revue from last year) for across the league as well but now we are virtually all under the Sturt zone, they are doing it, was a bit of a disaster this year but hopefully will get better.
I'd love to know who it is that we have got in the role, can you give me any hints @jo172.
cracka
Veteran

Postby oyster » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:55 pm

I've only seen 3 games in the HFL, all over the last two years. It would be safe to say that the HFL is considerably better standard than the Southern Football League, which is very ordinary other than about 2 sides. I've seen the Great Southern League and Barossa Leagues standard which is IMO the best two standards in country football in the state by a fair distance. The North Eastern Football League and Yorke Peninsula leagues are about 20% down on standard from both the GSFL and Barossa and would be 3rd and 4th best standards around the state and IMO Hills would be around that mark. Would the Hills people think that the HFL standard to be the same as the North Eastern Football League and Yorke Peninsula Leagues and around that sort of standard. Thats what standard the HFL looked to me upon watching the 3 games I've seen. All of the games I saw involved either Hahndorf, Echunga or Uraidla which are the best 3 sides I've been told on the day by various Hills experts. Opens up an interesting thought as to which leagues outside of the GSFL and Barossa are the best in the state.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:42 pm

The Echunga Football Club is delighted to advise club members and sponsors that our 2016 Senior Coach will be Jessie Aish.
Jessie follows a family tradition with his Magarey Medal winning father Michael having coached Echunga in the late 90’s. We are hoping for history to repeat with Michael leading the Mighty Dee’s to a premiership win during his tenure.
While Jessie has been a welcome recent addition to our senior playing ranks where his 6 goal haul in the 2014 Grand Final strongly influenced our premiership success, some might not be aware that Jessie’s association runs a little deeper than that having played his Junior Footy with Echunga where he was part of the 2001 Junior Colts premiership season.
The Club is also very excited to announce that we have been able to retain the services of Lindsay Bassani for 2016 who has been appointed as the Senior Assistant Coach. Lindsay will play a vital role in mentoring Jessie as he takes on the challenge of his first senior coaching role. Nick Cook is also continuing with his support role within the coaching panel as is Ben Hull who will again be leading our B Grade side.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3562 times

Postby chopper7 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:42 am

Dutchy wrote:The Echunga Football Club is delighted to advise club members and sponsors that our 2016 Senior Coach will be Jessie Aish.
Jessie follows a family tradition with his Magarey Medal winning father Michael having coached Echunga in the late 90’s. We are hoping for history to repeat with Michael leading the Mighty Dee’s to a premiership win during his tenure.
While Jessie has been a welcome recent addition to our senior playing ranks where his 6 goal haul in the 2014 Grand Final strongly influenced our premiership success, some might not be aware that Jessie’s association runs a little deeper than that having played his Junior Footy with Echunga where he was part of the 2001 Junior Colts premiership season.
The Club is also very excited to announce that we have been able to retain the services of Lindsay Bassani for 2016 who has been appointed as the Senior Assistant Coach. Lindsay will play a vital role in mentoring Jessie as he takes on the challenge of his first senior coaching role. Nick Cook is also continuing with his support role within the coaching panel as is Ben Hull who will again be leading our B Grade side.

So basically they appoint one of their best players as coach to dodge to salary cap drama meaning can still get the $$$ and play and Bassani stays on as coach?

Salary cap won't work, too many ways around it like this for example. There will be a huge number of player coaches getting around in the next few years I believe. Brian Fenton is another one down at Menegie already appointed this year.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Keefy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Hitchcock and de Visser have left Ironbank and signed at South Adelaide
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby running defender » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:40 pm

Anymore ins and outs?
Speaking of outs who's going to be the new HFL president ?
I think we need some more board members also.
Hopefully some fresh blood with new ideas .
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy