2016 gradings

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2016 gradings

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:42 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
whufc wrote:I would be interested to here Pags thoughts on this? He made comment that he and all the players wanted to play div 3 next year so i would be interested to hear what the players are doing.

Anyways this is weak as piss, as LM said you use to hate but respect Salisbury in juniors a combination of their success, the fact that most of us kids were all Central supporters and hated the colours. Lost all respect imho.

I reckon Pag would be filthy

Yep he definitely seems like someone who wants himself and his club to challenge themselves at the highest level possible.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5592 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:13 pm

Executive Member wrote:not sure what rules are being bent here :shock:

From the Rule & Regs as approved by the clubs each year

37.5 Either of the Member Clubs playing in the Grand Final may choose not to be promoted in the following season provided that such an option has not been exercised by that Member Club in the previous season and that a Member Club occupying either of the lowest two positions on the premiership table at the end of the minor round of matches in the Division above the Member Clubs to be promoted chooses to remain in the same Division for the following season provided such Member Club has not exercised this option in the previous season

Not against the rules for a player to pull out of contests either, this is the club equivalent
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby wonder_kid » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Lm your turning it into a cop out may as well just not have promotion or relegation and just let clubs nominate where they want to play!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:21 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Executive Member wrote:not sure what rules are being bent here :shock:

From the Rule & Regs as approved by the clubs each year

37.5 Either of the Member Clubs playing in the Grand Final may choose not to be promoted in the following season provided that such an option has not been exercised by that Member Club in the previous season and that a Member Club occupying either of the lowest two positions on the premiership table at the end of the minor round of matches in the Division above the Member Clubs to be promoted chooses to remain in the same Division for the following season provided such Member Club has not exercised this option in the previous season

Not against the rules for a player to pull out of contests either, this is the club equivalent

yeah, true, difference is that this is a rule

but I do like your attempt at becoming the new Robin Hood as you are very skilled in drawing a long bow
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 am

So is it a fair assumption oh forum experts that Div 7 is more likely to have 10 teams and Div 8 to have 6....or have I put 2 and 2 together and come up with 7 :shock:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby BigB » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:33 am

My view is the promotion via a GF appearance and avoiding relegation is what drives clubs to have a go. Without that system the incentives are singular - win a premiership - so for those who realise they are not in it after a few rounds there would be no more reason to play.
Likewise, there is no benefit to the comp for a team to fold. So if promotion would stretch a club's resources I think, with a robust application and review process, a club should have the option not to be promoted, but not without mutual obligation. eg:
- open the books for scruitiny to prove financial situation as part of the process maybe?
- the following season if chooses to not be promoted - 5 premiership point penalty
- can only elect non promotion once in a row. ie 2nd consecutive GF = no option but go up.
- others?

You will then make clubs have a good think about their choices going forward... if they are prepared to take the conditions in order to stay down then I have no problem with that, but not scot free, that's too easy.
BigB

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:34 am

I'd suggest that, without disrepect, sorting out how many teams will be in D8 won't be on the priority list just at the minute
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:35 am

BigB wrote:M
- can only elect non promotion once in a row. ie 2nd consecutive GF = no option but go up.

This is already a rule Big B.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:42 am

Footy Chick wrote:I'd suggest that, without disrepect, sorting out how many teams will be in D8 won't be on the priority list just at the minute

Yeah it's more a question about the restructuring. At the risk of damaging what was a good Div 8 C and D grade this year I would still love to see an old school Top 7 divs all have 10 teams with top 2 and bottom 2 always obliged to be promoted or relegated even if they were effectively a clubs third side.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:12 am

Nearly Was wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:
Then make it stronger. That's rather the point of promotion.

And how does a club do that without throwing money around?

I'm not saying I agree with what they've done, I'm just saying they obviously have their reasons to use their wild card.

Don't think you got the gist of what I was saying LM. Not that you would miss having a pot at Kilburn anyway. I was discussing the thoughts of the players being held back to a lower grade than they could achieve. Now with out bagging Kilburn, try to answer that.

Hey fella, it's the first time I've ever posted a negative comment towards Kilburn, I have the utmost respect for those who stuck around despite the beltings, I admire the club for toughing it out and staying up and not taking the easy option and I think it was great that the blokes like Shrek, Galbraith & co went back to continue what they had started.

There's no hate here mate, you guys got through, I don't think Salisbury would be able to do the same, not many clubs could.

If money isn't coming through on a Saturday evening at most clubs, they don't go anywhere.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

Postby Boosh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:44 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Nearly Was wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:
Then make it stronger. That's rather the point of promotion.

And how does a club do that without throwing money around?

I'm not saying I agree with what they've done, I'm just saying they obviously have their reasons to use their wild card.

Don't think you got the gist of what I was saying LM. Not that you would miss having a pot at Kilburn anyway. I was discussing the thoughts of the players being held back to a lower grade than they could achieve. Now with out bagging Kilburn, try to answer that.

Hey fella, it's the first time I've ever posted a negative comment towards Kilburn, I have the utmost respect for those who stuck around despite the beltings, I admire the club for toughing it out and staying up and not taking the easy option and I think it was great that the blokes like Shrek, Galbraith & co went back to continue what they had started.

There's no hate here mate, you guys got through, I don't think Salisbury would be able to do the same, not many clubs could.

If money isn't coming through on a Saturday evening at most clubs, they don't go anywhere.

Kilburn were a complete shambles for a myriad of reasons, Salisbury are the total opposite why are you talking as if the two situations are related?
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby laser » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:35 pm

I reckon Salisbury have bumped around the D4/D3 level a bit over recent history and perhaps they're trying to stabilise with this decision.

They may question themselves in the future however.....
Ie. pump everyone in D4 in '16; We coulda done this in D3?
Don't have an impact on D4; Have we implanted the wrong mindset on the players to do well?

Esp. if the players think like most SAAFL players do, ie. win everything you possibly can and if that means you've won a flag, been promoted or avoided relegation; then you're doing well. Not sayin 3rd is better than 8th, just win and go as far as you can.
laser
Under 16s

Been liked: 45 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Sounds like AV have failed to get into the APFL, where does that leave them?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby valleys07 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Q. wrote:
Hefty wrote:
jo172 wrote:
BigB wrote:Div 8 is pure C&D comp... Unley unlikely to seek promotion as we want to play our C's and D's amonst other similar clubs for a whole heap of valid reasons.

I think there's a reasonable chance that D8 will not exist or will be in a radically different form next year. I would be very unsurprised if the top 6-7 teams in Div 8 in 2015 aren't in D7 with Flinders Uni etc in 2016. If Unley wants to play against clubs in a similar position's C Grade I dare say they'll (i.e TTG, PAOC, Old Iggies, PNU) be more than likely to be in D7

I have to disagree with this post. Why would D8 not exist when it has worked well over the past 3-4years?? It is a great comp for C/D teams which gives opportunities for clubs to have more senior players on their lists with 7 player benches. I know from a GGFC perspective we had a number of occasions this year where we had both C & D grade teams with the 25 players max. and a couple of blokes missing out altogether. Why would we want to go to Div7 where there are 4 player benches?? Therefore, you have potentially 8 players missing out each week.

And, I agree with @BigB we want to play against other C/D grade clubs. Why would a 'C' grade team want to come up against an 'A' grade team every second week?? Not much of an even playing field.

By the same token, why would a D4 club's C-Grade want to come up against a D1 club's C-grade?

With only 4 A-Grade clubs currently in D7, it makes sense to pull the top 5 up from D8.

This. If your C grade side struggles like ours has for the past 2 seasons- morale around the club can quickly diminish.

Our boys have taken alot out of playing the likes of Unley/PAC/TTG over the past 2 years, but I for one would very much appreciate the opportunity to play against C grade sides from the lower A grade divisions, to get some competitiveness back into our C grade side, and hopefully the enjoyment that goes with having some success.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby adr107 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:59 pm

The "Plains Producer" Newspaper is reporting that the Adelaide Plains League clubs have voted to rescind the league's decision to accept Angle Vale for the 2016 season.

Lol, interesting.

Guess they may want to come back into div 7 next year....
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:44 pm

I dont think thats concrete yet.

watch this space.

Footy Chick

Postby adr107 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I dont think thats concrete yet.

watch this space.

On the papers fb page they said it has been confirmed.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:33 am

Oh, so it must be true ;)

Footy Chick

Postby BigB » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:59 am

Footy Chick wrote:
BigB wrote:M

This is already a rule Big B.

Yep.. noted after I made the post... couldn't be bothered changing as knew someone would let everyone know there was an error ;)
BigB

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 38 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:17 am

adr107 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I dont think thats concrete yet.

watch this space.

On the papers fb page they said it has been confirmed.

Told ya so ;)

http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18754&start=22640

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League