Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:29 pm

TEX07 wrote:I never said I liked the song, or the words that are written. I personally think most of the songs that are written for new or franchise clubs are pretty lame to be honest.

Yep, except the start of the GWS song, that is awesome! Yes, most of the sides entered since the Eagles have pretty average tunes.

Pride of South Australia, Admiration of the nation, Team for all South Aussies. None of them ever true, ever.

Geelong, "...the greatest team of all", by what measure? ( Wedgie walks in )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7511 times
Been liked: 10806 times

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:31 pm

The Crows would have to be filthy on the timing of Patty leaving

They put in all the hard yards with his development, catered for him when he was first drafted by allowing him to stay back and study, they have got a squad that is verging on cracking the top 4 and Dangerfield is about to hit his prime, and then bang gone!!!

Considering they never made a gf or were a genuine premiership threat during his time at the club its hard to know whether his drafting has ultimately been a great success especially considering there were always question marks over how long he would stay in Adelaide

This is really going to set them backs few years imho
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2535 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Booney wrote:
TEX07 wrote:I never said I liked the song, or the words that are written. I personally think most of the songs that are written for new or franchise clubs are pretty lame to be honest.

Yep, except the start of the GWS song, that is awesome! Yes, most of the sides entered since the Eagles have pretty average tunes.

Pride of South Australia, Admiration of the nation, Team for all South Aussies. None of them ever true, ever.

Parts of the Kangaroo's song are cringeworthy

"Out we come, out we come, out we come to play,
Just for recreation’s sake, to pass the time away,
Lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourself today,
North Melbourne boys are hard to beat when they come out to play."
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7938 times

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Booney wrote:

Agree claims like that in club songs are just wankfests, not many good club songs left, North Adelaides is a fav of mine
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:34 pm

whufc wrote:The Crows would have to be filthy on the timing of Patty leaving

They put in all the hard yards with his development, catered for him when he was first drafted by allowing him to stay back and study, they have got a squad that is verging on cracking the top 4 and Dangerfield is about to hit his prime, and then bang gone!!!

Considering they never made a gf or were a genuine premiership threat during his time at the club its hard to know whether his drafting has ultimately been a great success especially considering there were always question marks over how long he would stay in Adelaide

If you draft a kid out of their home state, you're going to have to expect them to go home eventually.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:35 pm

I think he's given enough to a club that he didn't choose to play for in the beginning.

He's also played out two contract terms. Thats not bad. If he doesn't go now, he'll never get to play for his home town
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Without question, you take a top flight player out of any* side and they will suffer from it. It puts them back considerably in their midfield stocks and with Thompson only having a year left they need to find some support for Sloane pretty quickly.

9th in the comp for disposals, 15th for tackles, 2nd for contested possessions, 4th for clearances. you don't find blokes like that often or easily.

*It didn't hurt Geelong so much when Ablett left, but let's be fair, Geelong of that era is a different beast to Adelaide right now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:38 pm

bennymacca wrote:
helicopterking wrote:The draft sucks this year.
Crows get compensation pick 9, get Horlin Smith and use the pick 9 for Hartlett, and still have Pick 13.

Both players would be highly effective at the Crows.
Seems better then 2 first rounders in an average draft.

Compensation pick 9?

It would be directly after our first pick, which would make it 14

The two first rounders would be Geelongs first picks in this draft and next years

Or are you talking about Geelong trading their round 1 pick plus horlin smith?

Sorry, Yes. Getting Geelong First Rounder.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Booney wrote:

Without question, you take a top flight player out of any* side and they will suffer from it. It puts them back considerably in their midfield stocks and with Thompson only having a year left they need to find some support for Sloane pretty quickly.

9th in the comp for disposals, 15th for tackles, 2nd for contested possessions, 4th for clearances. you don't find blokes like that often or easily.

*It didn't hurt Geelong so much when Ablett left, but let's be fair, Geelong of that era is a different beast to Adelaide right now.

Swings and roundabouts, it's good to see the karma bus stop at Kardinia for a drop off and not a pick up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Parts of the Kangaroo's song are cringeworthy

"Out we come, out we come, out we come to play,
Just for recreation’s sake, to pass the time away,
Lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourself today,
North Melbourne boys are hard to beat when they come out to play."

Play for fun and the love of the game, and you have more fun when you're winning.

Pretty good verse if you ask me.

Better than.....HEEEAAVVVEE HOOO!!!

Or any of the Crows and Port verses
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Booney wrote:

I think that the Fremantle one is actually the worst, the players almost look embarrassed to sing it! I would not be against the Crows changing their song or at least the words now we have been in the competition for 25 years - I do agree when you drill down and look at the words its a pretty arrogant.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:42 pm

HH3 wrote:I think he's given enough to a club that he didn't choose to play for in the beginning.

He's also played out two contract terms. Thats not bad. If he doesn't go now, he'll never get to play for his home town

Agree you could never question his performance or commitment but essentially the team was better for him but the club may not off.

They could be heading down the path of the Kangaroos who have now made 2 prelims but never been a genuine premiership threat.

I honestly can't see the Crows winning a flag in the next ten years
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:42 pm

HH3 wrote:Play for fun and the love of the game, and you have more fun when you're winning.

Pretty good verse if you ask me.

Better than.....HEEEAAVVVEE HOOO!!!

Or any of the Crows and Port verses

They should be holding hands and skipping around in a circle as they sing it, it would be more apt.

They bring it home well in the last verse though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:43 pm

whufc wrote:
HH3 wrote:I think he's given enough to a club that he didn't choose to play for in the beginning.

Agree you could never question his performance or commitment but essentially the team was better for him but the club may not off.

They could be heading down the path of the Kangaroos who have now made 2 prelims but never been a genuine premiership threat.

I honestly can't see the Crows winning a flag in the next ten years

Id say any team that make a prelim are a genuine threat.....especially doing it the hard way from 8th ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:43 pm

TEX07 wrote:
I think that the Fremantle one is actually the worst, the players almost look embarrassed to sing it! I would not be against the Crows changing their song or at least the words now we have been in the competition for 25 years - I do agree when you drill down and look at the words its a pretty arrogant.

Freo's sounds like it was a statewide junior primary competition to design a theme song.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:53 pm

One man leaves and now our club song is crap, we have the worst supporters in the league judging from some poll that I have never seen and we won't win a flag for the next 10 years. Amazing.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2624 times
Been liked: 1858 times

Postby JK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Corona Man wrote:
JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Your "fans" or at least a good percentage of them is a large factor. For me it's the slogans - the team for all south Australians, and the team song - the pride of south Australia..... and worst of all.... admiration of the nation. Nothing like a bit of self proclamation!

Can you imagine any of the Melbourne clubs using "the team for all victorians" as their positioning statement?? Not likely!

Good points - Have often wondered how the Victorian or Western Australians in the group would feel about claiming to be the pride of a different state. The club feels plastic and purely corporaqte most of the time, although I will say they earnt a bit of respect for the way they rallied throughout the adversity they faced this year.

Yes I get your point about this year. Curious question though, yep they "rallied" and finished off the season with a bit of G&D.... but what's the alternative.... curl up the toes?? Respect will be enhanced if they come back fitter, stronger next season with a game plan they can execute, and not turn the ball over when the heat is on! For me that will earn my respect. Look at West Coast, they beat us at our own game (as did Port & Richmond this season) and good luck to them!

My point wasn't about the onfield performance, you're bang on right about the alternative, and footballers being competitive beasts aren't going to turn the toes up - Just felt as the Crows took the best care they could of their players, staff and supporters in light of such a tragedy.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:55 pm

MW wrote:One man leaves and now our club song is crap, we have the worst supporters in the league judging from some poll that I have never seen and we won't win a flag for the next 10 years. Amazing.

Yep, the song has only become crap in the last coupla days. :shock: :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:56 pm

MW wrote:One man leaves and now our club song is crap, we have the worst supporters in the league judging from some poll that I have never seen and we won't win a flag for the next 10 years. Amazing.

Good, I'm glad you've caught up. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:57 pm

What else can we find? Oh that's right, we are cheats again cause of the Talia brothers.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2624 times
Been liked: 1858 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL