4%
Rosewater
13%
Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:12 am

morell wrote:Just to be a member or to ask a question?

To be a member.

I think this section of the constitution is largely ignored - $50 is $50...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:14 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
morell wrote:Just to be a member or to ask a question?

To be a member.

I think this section of the constitution is largely ignored - $50 is $50...

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:16 am

morell wrote:and it looks like morell will work out how much money we need to competitive in D6, D5 and beyond. :lol:

One thing you'd almost guarantee is this: Whatever the amount they spent in the last 2 years, will never be repeated.

Flinders Park may be your new targets as the big spenders 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby morell » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:21 am

Hahaha My Beefy you crack me up.

Don't worry, I wont rock up and ask awkward questions as I know it would be disrespectful and I've got nothing but respect for Rosies.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:22 am

Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:and it looks like morell will work out how much money we need to competitive in D6, D5 and beyond. :lol:

One thing you'd almost guarantee is this: Whatever the amount they spent in the last 2 years, will never be repeated.

Flinders Park may be your new targets as the big spenders 8)
Oh yeah?

How much would that be do you reckon?
morell
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:24 am

morell wrote:Hahaha My Beefy you crack me up.

Don't worry, I wont rock up and ask awkward questions as I know it would be disrespectful and I've got nothing but respect for Rosies.

It's not awkward at all - if it isn't you it will be someone else.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:25 am

you've completely missed my point.

I'm not sure what i'm more sick of today:

Talk about money or talk about politics.

I watched bloody home shopping this morning just so i didn't have to hear about it :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:25 am

morell wrote: So its $50 for membership and I can rock up and ask precisely:

"How much did "we" spend, in total, for player payments, awards and other incentives"

And you still won't get a straight answer.

You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby EB53 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:30 am

The football slutos have had their way for far too long. Why should clubs, in the strive for success, have volunteers work their guts out to see the fruits of their labour devoured by players who take everything they can get and put nothing back. Good money that could be spent on grassroots development wasted on overrated players that would only receive $80.00 per game at SANFL seconds but we have clubs paying $25k plus for a season for ONE player. At what point does it stop? The whole system needs a reality check. We, the clubs have no_one to blame but ourselves.
EB53
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:34 am

EB53 wrote:The football slutos have had their way for far too long. Why should clubs, in the strive for success, have volunteers work their guts out to see the fruits of their labour devoured by players who take everything they can get and put nothing back. Good money that could be spent on grassroots development wasted on overrated players that would only receive $80.00 per game at SANFL seconds but we have clubs paying $25k plus for a season for ONE player. At what point does it stop? The whole system needs a reality check. We, the clubs have no_one to blame but ourselves.

=D>

Footy Chick

Postby morell » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 am

EB53 wrote:The football slutos have had their way for far too long. Why should clubs, in the strive for success, have volunteers work their guts out to see the fruits of their labour devoured by players who take everything they can get and put nothing back. Good money that could be spent on grassroots development wasted on overrated players that would only receive $80.00 per game at SANFL seconds but we have clubs paying $25k plus for a season for ONE player. At what point does it stop? The whole system needs a reality check. We, the clubs have no_one to blame but ourselves.
Ohhhh I like you!
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 am

Because players don't want to risk their livelihood and jobs through injury for nothing, dangle a substantial carrot in front of them and the risk seems more worth it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Because players don't want to risk their livelihood and jobs through injury for nothing, dangle a substantial carrot in front of them and the risk seems more worth it.

If the money wasn't there, most would still play.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:35 pm

They would still play or they would go to a league that does pay ! Footy has evolved money is part of it as long as you dont live above your means as a club you should be fine! If.you make your bed you need to sleep in it like kilburn did they roughed it in d3 for a year because they put themselves in that situation clubs like brahma and westies got special treatment because they stuffed their own clubs up and played the victim card when they were not victims at all !
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:45 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Doubt it, that's like wondering if a div 6 club could beat a div 1R though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Doubt it, that's like wondering if a div 6 club could beat a div 1R though.

Thousands upon thousands of people play all sorts of sport without getting paid.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Thousands upon thousands of people play all sorts of sport without getting paid.

Not many sports have such a high injury rate as Australian Rules Football does though, I think they'd look elsewhere at something less risky or something that does offer a bit of coin.
Time is money too, they could be spending the same time working, most occasions it's when they hook up with a chick or start a family football becomes more of a chore.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spangas » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Too many of these blokes in a 'team' would destroy a football club. I believe sport should be played for enjoyment, not for profit.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:17 pm

You can in b grade or c grade
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby EB53 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Spangas wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Too many of these blokes in a 'team' would destroy a football club. I believe sport should be played for enjoyment, not for profit.

LQ valid point but, there are adequate insurance policies. Would they play if covered by the club paying the subscriptions for cover.I THINK NOT.
As I have previously stated the football world we are in needs a reality check. L.Q. The amounts money changing hands between clubs and players is staggering to say the least I
out of control. My club has been guhilty in the past and when we reigned it in, we dropped two grades. The ideal situation is for every club to have the same budget. WILL IT EVER HAPPEN? No.The expectation of some players is beyond reality yet clubs line up to pay. End rant
EB53
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League