Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2457 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: Crows 2015

Postby TEX07 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm

IMO we cant be too concerned about a club talking to an assistant coach during finals, pretty sure Sanderson signed up with us only weeks before the Cats won their last flag and Worsfold isn't an official assistant coach. I think that the only issue was that Essendon didn't clear it with the Crows first which is why they apologised today. I would have thought Worsfold could have turned the meeting down also. I would love to see him coach us next year but he is going to get other offers, he is a premiership coach.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:04 pm

TEX07 wrote:IMO we cant be too concerned about a club talking to an assistant coach during finals, pretty sure Sanderson signed up with us only weeks before the Cats won their last flag and Worsfold isn't an official assistant coach. I think that the only issue was that Essendon didn't clear it with the Crows first which is why they apologised today. I would have thought Worsfold could have turned the meeting down also. I would love to see him coach us next year but he is going to get other offers, he is a premiership coach.

This is the bit I dont get. Im sure Little just didnt fire up the jet on the off chance Worsfold was home that day. Surely Worsfold could of said thanks for the chat but im in finals this week, come over and see me when we are knocked out. He obviously agreed to the chat.
You also have the coaches association sticking their nose in and he isnt even a friggin coach.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby TEX07 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:32 pm

Jim05 wrote:
TEX07 wrote:IMO we cant be too concerned about a club talking to an assistant coach during finals, pretty sure Sanderson signed up with us only weeks before the Cats won their last flag and Worsfold isn't an official assistant coach. I think that the only issue was that Essendon didn't clear it with the Crows first which is why they apologised today. I would have thought Worsfold could have turned the meeting down also. I would love to see him coach us next year but he is going to get other offers, he is a premiership coach.

This is the bit I dont get. Im sure Little just didnt fire up the jet on the off chance Worsfold was home that day. Surely Worsfold could of said thanks for the chat but im in finals this week, come over and see me when we are knocked out. He obviously agreed to the chat.
You also have the coaches association sticking their nose in and he isnt even a friggin coach.

I agree, its not all down to Essendon IMO and from hearing Fagan on the radio today I am not convinced the Crows are actually all that concerned, more media again.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Cheney in for Lever. Reckon this is for the specific matchup of stringer as Cheney is probably the most suited at our club for this role.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby carey » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:Cheney in for Lever. Reckon this is for the specific matchup of stringer as Cheney is probably the most suited at our club for this role.

If this is the case. Stringer BOG 28 touches and 6 goals.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2804 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:52 pm

carey wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Cheney in for Lever. Reckon this is for the specific matchup of stringer as Cheney is probably the most suited at our club for this role.

If this is the case. Stringer BOG 28 touches and 6 goals.

It's the Feta match up :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 861 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:18 am

I'm extremely filthy Lever has been dropped. Hartigan before Lever.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby jakovasaurus » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:27 am

Hartigan for Redpath/resting ruckman is a better matchup.

Lever probably to tall for Dickson and not strong enough for Crameri or Stringer.

I would have loved lever to play as well. Don't think the bigger stage of finals footy would worry him at all. So composed with the ball. Oh well.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:31 am

jakovasaurus wrote:Hartigan for Redpath/resting ruckman is a better matchup.

Lever probably to tall for Dickson and not strong enough for Crameri or Stringer.

I would have loved lever to play as well. Don't think the bigger stage of finals footy would worry him at all. So composed with the ball. Oh well.

I close my eyes whenever Hartigan go near the ball but I'm the complete opposite when Lever is around. Love it when becomes from nowhere and smashes the ball in a pack
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:50 am

Bigger bodies, that's all it would come down to. Minson is named so it will be Redpath/Minson down there at some stage, Lever is still light on at the moment. Although he is a better player than Hartigan.

Chenney must be coming in for Stringer.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:53 am

stan wrote:Bigger bodies, that's all it would come down to. Minson is named so it will be Redpath/Minson down there at some stage, Lever is still light on at the moment. Although he is a better player than Hartigan.

Yep.

Even though I am disappointed that lever isn't playing there really isn't a matchup for him
bennymacca
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:18 am

bennymacca wrote:
stan wrote:Bigger bodies, that's all it would come down to. Minson is named so it will be Redpath/Minson down there at some stage, Lever is still light on at the moment. Although he is a better player than Hartigan.

Yep.

Even though I am disappointed that lever isn't playing there really isn't a matchup for him

Lever is spent, they gave him a week off against WC to freshen up but he couldnt get a gallop up against Geelong still, they long season is taking a toll on his young body. Cheney is a good in and has played finals before with the Hawks. Stringer will only be as good as his midfield.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:21 am

I'm not surprised that Lever got pulled from the team, he needed to lift.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8073 times

Postby TEX07 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:18 pm

hawks21 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Yep.

Lever is spent, they gave him a week off against WC to freshen up but he couldnt get a gallop up against Geelong still, they long season is taking a toll on his young body. Cheney is a good in and has played finals before with the Hawks. Stringer will only be as good as his midfield.

Didnt Talia go to Stringer last game after he kicked 5 first half goals then slowed him down to 1 in the second half? I would hope we start with Talia on Stringer when he is forward.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:21 pm

hawks21 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Yep.

Think it was Brisbane they rested him. Played very well against WC
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:59 pm

TEX07 wrote:
hawks21 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Yep.

Didnt Talia go to Stringer last game after he kicked 5 first half goals then slowed him down to 1 in the second half? I would hope we start with Talia on Stringer when he is forward.

If talia goes to him they will just immediately take start him off the back of the square like they did a couple of weeks ago, and he will smash talia if that happens.

Cheney is the right matchup, but its a huge task for him. If he beats stringer i think the dogs wont win.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Cheney will not take Stringer, Talia has to stand up for that role.
Cheney is perfect for Crameri
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2457 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Cheney will not take Stringer, Talia has to stand up for that role.
Cheney is perfect for Crameri

Probably whoever plays closer to goal talia will take
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:08 am

Live to fight another week against the Hawks Friday night. Let's see if the lads can stand up to the physicality the Hawks threw at them last time they played.

Not sure if they will make any changes as Cheneys bigger body and experience might count against Lever. Atkins maybe in doubt after being subbed after only just over a half of footy.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL