The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Magellan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:57 am

Good work Ian, hopefully it's posted and balances the debate. More than likely it'll inflame those hard done by AFL supporters, though.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Well said Ian.
We can scream sense or whisper it. Their ignorance is what's deafening.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jimmy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:09 am

Magellan wrote:
wild dog wrote:Its easy to follow a local AFL team.

Especially the Crows, who demand only one thing of its supporters - that they live in or simply identify in some way with the state of South Australia. Much like a state of origin team, which IIRC they had the gall to appropriate via a novelty showdown guernsey.

******* hate that...whener I meet a new Aussie over here, and they learn where I a from, they ask crows or power? I tell em neither and they (crows/power) can get ******.

Also, our comp wasn't broken before the reserves came in...so change for change sake is not good here....**** off Walter, I won't just accept it and move on.

Regardless of how sturt go...win a flag or finish last...heart just seems out of it now...even from 1000's of miles away, I kept up to date on the league and tuned in on late nights to listen and follow. But now...with 2 kids...there's an excuse to go to bed early...**** off the reserves or lose real fans forever SANFL.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Jimmy wrote:Regardless of how sturt go...win a flag or finish last...heart just seems out of it now...even from 1000's of miles away, I kept up to date on the league and tuned in on late nights to listen and follow. But now...with 2 kids...there's an excuse to go to bed early...**** off the reserves or lose real fans forever SANFL.

Agreed, Jimmy. Die-hard fans are lacking a reason to sick with it, and the general AFL-supporting SA footy public seems to think the SANFL is some sort of leech on the game at the worst, or an irrelevancy at best. It's certainly losing the PR war out there in SA footy-land (pretty hard to win that fight when the Crows, and to a lesser extent Port, propaganda machines are in full swing and dominate the airwaves).

I have real concerns regarding the state and viability the competition in ten year's time, and the quality of decision-making and administration by the custodians of the game in SA, both at SANFL and club level.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wolf Pack » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Who is the coach of Port Power Reserves??
Is it Gary Hocking or Eugene Warrior??
Love all the Power supporters coming out of the shadows.
Haven't seen that many at a west game since the mid 90s!!
Wolf Pack
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Jimmy wrote:
Magellan wrote:
wild dog wrote:Its easy to follow a local AFL team.

Especially the Crows, who demand only one thing of its supporters - that they live in or simply identify in some way with the state of South Australia. Much like a state of origin team, which IIRC they had the gall to appropriate via a novelty showdown guernsey.

******* hate that...whener I meet a new Aussie over here, and they learn where I a from, they ask crows or power? I tell em neither and they (crows/power) can get ******.

Also, our comp wasn't broken before the reserves came in...so change for change sake is not good here....**** off Walter, I won't just accept it and move on.

Regardless of how sturt go...win a flag or finish last...heart just seems out of it now...even from 1000's of miles away, I kept up to date on the league and tuned in on late nights to listen and follow. But now...with 2 kids...there's an excuse to go to bed early...**** off the reserves or lose real fans forever SANFL.

^^^ this
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Hazydog » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 am

Not quite on topic - but related. Will be interesting to see how Freo's plan to rest numerous players in the last round impacts Peel Thunder, who have qualified for their maiden finals appearance which commences this week. From memory, Peel are the WAFL club aligned to Freo. Peel will deserve what they get for selling their soul, but what a farce it could turn out to be!
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:45 am

It was, until he said "customers".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:44 am

Hazydog wrote:Not quite on topic - but related. Will be interesting to see how Freo's plan to rest numerous players in the last round impacts Peel Thunder, who have qualified for their maiden finals appearance which commences this week. From memory, Peel are the WAFL club aligned to Freo. Peel will deserve what they get for selling their soul, but what a farce it could turn out to be!

Was about to mention this too.
Listening to ABC and Ross Lyon last night, sounds like it is definitely going to happen, maybe 6-8 players.
Integrity :roll:
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby LPH » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:22 pm

Fremantle resting 11 players this week is EXACTLY what we've been saying about compromised competition.
Load up on West Perth v Peel Thunder (they will be minus 11 players FFS)!

Rang 5AFL - Rowe agreed, Bickley tried to say that's why the SANFL don't have Finals this week - WTF?
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Magellan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:32 pm

LPH wrote:Rang 5AFL - Rowe agreed, Bickley tried to say that's why the SANFL don't have Finals this week - WTF?

Bickley's an idiot.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Fricky » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:54 pm

Magellan wrote:
LPH wrote:Rang 5AFL - Rowe agreed, Bickley tried to say that's why the SANFL don't have Finals this week - WTF?

Bickley's an idiot.

So is Rowey, more so actually.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby on the rails » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:01 pm

Stephen Rowe must have some very compromising photos of AA executives as there is no logical reason that an uneducated moron could be given his own radio show.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby stan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:04 pm

on the rails wrote:Stephen Rowe must have some very compromising photos of AA executives as there is no logical reason that an uneducated moron could be given his own radio show.

Remarkable really.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby therisingblues » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:09 pm

LPH wrote:Fremantle resting 11 players this week is EXACTLY what we've been saying about compromised competition.
Load up on West Perth v Peel Thunder (they will be minus 11 players FFS)!

Rang 5AFL - Rowe agreed, Bickley tried to say that's why the SANFL don't have Finals this week - WTF?

WTF?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:11 pm

I like Rowey. he plays the knockabout everyman supporter role. It was the job of the other person to always be a little more balanced.

Didnt think Bone was too bad actually, but I havent listened since Bickley started, with him and Rowey there is more puff and less substance than ever.

At least with Cornesy and Bone you would at least get some contrarian views, even if you didnt agree with them.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:16 pm

I dont read to much into these blokes, at the end of the day they are just playing characters like any other actor etc etc in the entertainment industry.

It would be interesting to have a one on one with Rowey, no recording, no articles been written, just a one on one of him giving his actual view not what his on stage persona view is.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Magellan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:21 pm

Suri wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Bickley's an idiot.

So is Rowey, more so actually.

Indeed. The thing is I don't think Rowe can help being an idiot, whereas Bickley probably can.
Magellan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:22 pm

whufc wrote:I dont read to much into these blokes, at the end of the day they are just playing characters like any other actor etc etc in the entertainment industry.

It would be interesting to have a one on one with Rowey, no recording, no articles been written, just a one on one of him giving his actual view not what his on stage persona view is.

I went to one of those days where they record live from West End brewery a couple of years ago. @dissident and I were sitting in the front row at a wine barrel having a beer.

In the break Rowey came up and chatted to us like we had been mates for years. Seemed like a good bloke tbh. Called Sando a c*nt haha (something about gameplans)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Who the hell listens to 5AA, are you people 90 years old and brain dead?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL