HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:29 pm

redsox wrote:
Slapper68 wrote:Nairne v kersbrook G/F for me too, the Brookers are peaking at the right time all quality.
1st week of finals - Birdwood & Nairne
2nd week - Sedan & Kersbrook
Prelim - Maccy
G/F - kangi ????

Velodrome at Birdwood no good for finals.

Sedan don't deserve a final with only 2 teams in the comp.

Where will everyone park at Kangi?

No final at Callington?

I had the pleasure of spending Saturday at Sedan-Cambrai (Raiders game) and Sunday at Callington (junior carnival). After viewing both ovals all I can say is that the HFL must have rocks in their heads with the finals allocations.

The Callington oval was a sight to behold (lush and green) and I'm flabbergasted that it's not hosting a final - what is going on ?? By contrast the Sedan-Cambrai oval has areas with no grass and it's as hard as concrete in areas.

I notice that certain clubs get looked after every year when it comes to hosting finals (not hard to work out why), but it's getting beyond a joke and common sense must prevail.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby 19thman » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:38 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
redsox wrote:
Slapper68 wrote:Nairne v kersbrook G/F for me too, the Brookers are peaking at the right time all quality.
1st week of finals - Birdwood & Nairne
2nd week - Sedan & Kersbrook
Prelim - Maccy
G/F - kangi ????

Velodrome at Birdwood no good for finals.

Sedan don't deserve a final with only 2 teams in the comp.

Where will everyone park at Kangi?

No final at Callington?

I had the pleasure of spending Saturday at Sedan-Cambrai (Raiders game) and Sunday at Callington (junior carnival). After viewing both ovals all I can say is that the HFL must have rocks in their heads with the finals allocations.

The Callington oval was a sight to behold (lush and green) and I'm flabbergasted that it's not hosting a final - what is going on ?? By contrast the Sedan-Cambrai oval has areas with no grass and it's as hard as concrete in areas.

I notice that certain clubs get looked after every year when it comes to hosting finals (not hard to work out why), but it's getting beyond a joke and common sense must prevail.

Sedan is rubbish. It has about 12 different types of grass on the oval.
Also how is Nairne holding up? The final that was played their last year the oval was in a bog but i haven't seen it this year.
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:06 am

If the finals a supposed to be on a rotation how come nairne seam to get one every year I could be wrong but I think they have had one every season for the last 5 or 6 years also how come maccy get a fi a if they are not hosting the grand final. In my opinion finals should just be played at the best venues stuff this rotation and reward clubs that spend money on there facilities
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby The Gimp » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:29 am

Kick'n Back wrote:If the finals a supposed to be on a rotation how come nairne seam to get one every year I could be wrong but I think they have had one every season for the last 5 or 6 years also how come maccy get a fi a if they are not hosting the grand final. In my opinion finals should just be played at the best venues stuff this rotation and reward clubs that spend money on there facilities

Not sure if Kersbrook should be whinging about finals rotations - you've had one 6 out of the last 7 years. Saying that, I'm not against Kersy getting a final because the facilities are good.
Nairne on the other hand has been a bog hole the last 2 years and still have got a final for the last 5 years in a row!!
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Banker » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:47 am

The Gimp wrote:
Kick'n Back wrote:If the finals a supposed to be on a rotation how come nairne seam to get one every year I could be wrong but I think they have had one every season for the last 5 or 6 years also how come maccy get a fi a if they are not hosting the grand final. In my opinion finals should just be played at the best venues stuff this rotation and reward clubs that spend money on there facilities

Not sure if Kersbrook should be whinging about finals rotations - you've had one 6 out of the last 7 years. Saying that, I'm not against Kersy getting a final because the facilities are good.
Nairne on the other hand has been a bog hole the last 2 years and still have got a final for the last 5 years in a row!!

Nairne was terrible in the 2012 Qualifying final too...

citycoaster17 wrote:
Alaska wrote:
The informer wrote:
Panther32 wrote:Saw the Echunga oval first hand this morning and it was in top nick condition. Go out to Nairne and it was an absolute bog hole!!!
Tell me who is actually choosing these grounds and are they actually visiting the ovals???????
Today's A grade game would have been a lot better game to watch if played on an oval were blokes actually kept their shoes on instead of loosing them in 2 feet of mud!

It was a disgrace.

Utter disgrace, what were they thinking? :evil:

In all seriousness, this is finals football, and IMO, the best ovals available should be utilized. Surely the league, can go for a drive early in the week, and select grounds, not facilities, on there merits, so we can see the best teams for the year, play some good footy, not like the slog fest that was yesterday, and what will be today I'm presuming. Surely there are another 3 or 4 ovals that are in pretty good nic at the moment, despite the weather we have had.
HFL, get your head out of your a$$e$, if you havn't already,you are going about destroying this competition in all the right ways!!!
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Slapper68 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:44 pm

HFL are screwed which ever way they go with finals ground allocations
If they give the big finals games to good ovals (kersbrook, Maccy , etc) every year everyone complains
If they share it around everyone still complains but I agree kangys Nairne & sedan a joke
Graham sacked from Gums?? Any truth!!
Slapper68
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Brodlach » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:09 pm

Left a few weeks ago
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby doubletrouble » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 pm

[quote="Slapper68"]HFL are screwed which ever way they go with finals ground allocations
If they give the big finals games to good ovals (kersbrook, Maccy , etc) every year everyone complains
If they share it around everyone still complains but I agree kangys Nairne & sedan a joke
Graham sacked from Gums?? A

Believe he left the club wasnt sacked.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Division 2-
Qualifying Final Bridgewater/Callington vs Kersbrook at Birdwood.
Elimination Final Birdwood vs Macclesfield at Nairne.
Nairne into the second semi-final.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2330 times
Been liked: 3548 times

Postby WingerFC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:10 am

Hey Cossi, how is Birdwood's oval looking for the final this weekend? Should be in good nick and ready to host a final. ;)
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Gimp » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:37 am

WingerFC wrote:Hey Cossi, how is Birdwood's oval looking for the final this weekend? Should be in good nick and ready to host a final. ;)

Birdwood oval is looking pretty good at the moment. A tad soft in places but if we don't get too much rain this week, it should be a treat on Satdy.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby cossi11 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:12 am

The Gimp wrote:
WingerFC wrote:Hey Cossi, how is Birdwood's oval looking for the final this weekend? Should be in good nick and ready to host a final. ;)

Birdwood oval is looking pretty good at the moment. A tad soft in places but if we don't get too much rain this week, it should be a treat on Satdy.

What he ^ said... is in much better condition that it was this time last year, the ball actually bounces across the majority of the ground with just a few spongy patches around the place.

Can't wait to play on Nairne's oval this weekend 8)
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Toto » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:37 am

Barring a torrential downpour this week, Nairne oval is looking great! One or two soft patches in the centre but that is all.
About time it's been in good nick for finals footy, one of the better ovals for spectators. Can't wait for the weekend, love finals footy!!!

Tips for the weekend?
Bridgey in a close one
Birdwood by 5 goal for me.
Toto
Under 16s

Been liked: 20 times

Postby cossi11 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Toto wrote:Barring a torrential downpour this week, Nairne oval is looking great! One or two soft patches in the centre but that is all.
About time it's been in good nick for finals footy, one of the better ovals for spectators. Can't wait for the weekend, love finals footy!!!

Tips for the weekend?
Bridgey in a close one
Birdwood by 5 goal for me.

Hope so... my tips are the same, Bridgy by 2 goals and Birdy by about 7goals.
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby RAMS » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:00 pm

The Nairne sporting clubs and community have spent a lot of money and done heaps of work on the facilities of late. Congratulations to all involved and in particular to the Nairne Market for their generous donation. I'd suggest you take a look if you haven't been out there for a few months, the whole facilities are coming together beautifully.
RAMS

Postby Toto » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:29 pm

On a dry deck the roosters will be too good for the blood n Tars. The other game wi be very interesting though!
Toto
Under 16s

Been liked: 20 times

Postby cossi11 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:36 pm

RAMS wrote:The Nairne sporting clubs and community have spent a lot of money and done heaps of work on the facilities of late. Congratulations to all involved and in particular to the Nairne Market for their generous donation. I'd suggest you take a look if you haven't been out there for a few months, the whole facilities are coming together beautifully.

Will get a decent look at them this week mate :D
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby saintal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Bridgy thumped Kersbrook by 10+ goals today in the qualifying final.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 430 times

Postby RAMS » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:07 am

Nairne Oval looking a treat for today's elimination final. The work in the off season was well worth it.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (228.8 KiB) Viewed 690 times
RAMS

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Excellent stuff RAMS, good to see a club put in time and money to fix their oval and facilities.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy