Round 17 Eagles vs Adelaide on Sunday

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 17 Eagles vs Adelaide on Sunday

Postby therisingblues » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:36 pm

If the Eagles win the flag this year, we could possibly reflect later that they played their grand final on Sunday vs the Crows. Until this game no one has been able to stand up to them with more than 14 AFL players included in the side. The Eagles won against 17,...just.
Norwood were hammered by over 100 points against 16 Crows, Port lost to 16 Crows, South went down to 14 AFL listed Crows and West were unlucky to face them with 18 Crows on the field, going down by 63 points, and that accounts for all sides playing finals.
I dare say that the Crows entry to the finals would have resulted in a winning streak through to the Grand Final, where they would have most likely faced off against the only side to have beaten them thus far with such a large AFL contingent. I reckon they'd probably have stacked the side with more than 17 players in such a situation. Fortunately we'll never know, I am much happier this way, but I reckon the Eagles have just done us all a huge favour and delivered the fatal blow to the Crows premiership quest.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: Round 17 Eagles vs Adelaide on Sunday

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:16 am

therisingblues wrote:If the Eagles win the flag this year, we could possibly reflect later that they played their grand final on Sunday vs the Crows. Until this game no one has been able to stand up to them with more than 14 AFL players included in the side. The Eagles won against 17,...just.
Norwood were hammered by over 100 points against 16 Crows, Port lost to 16 Crows, South went down to 14 AFL listed Crows and West were unlucky to face them with 18 Crows on the field, going down by 63 points, and that accounts for all sides playing finals.
I dare say that the Crows entry to the finals would have resulted in a winning streak through to the Grand Final, where they would have most likely faced off against the only side to have beaten them thus far with such a large AFL contingent. I reckon they'd probably have stacked the side with more than 17 players in such a situation. Fortunately we'll never know, I am much happier this way, but I reckon the Eagles have just done us all a huge favour and delivered the fatal blow to the Crows premiership quest.

Good post TRB
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL