The run home

Talk on the national game

Re: The run home

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:38 am

bennymacca wrote:North have Freo, Bulldogs and Richmond. Pretty tough.

Crows and Geelong both on 13.5 would require the crows to beat west coast, it's possible but doubtful.

Even 12.5 could be enough if North lose their last 3, which is possible, I think I'll be tipping that way

I think you're almost certainties to beat WCE at Adelaide Oval. WCE could be coming off 3 losses in a row by then
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2431 times
Been liked: 1670 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby MJ_23 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:29 am

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:North have Freo, Bulldogs and Richmond. Pretty tough.

Crows and Geelong both on 13.5 would require the crows to beat west coast, it's possible but doubtful.

Even 12.5 could be enough if North lose their last 3, which is possible, I think I'll be tipping that way

I think you're almost certainties to beat WCE at Adelaide Oval. WCE could be coming off 3 losses in a row by then

Almost certain? Doubt that
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby helicopterking » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:56 am

WC are 2-0 at Adelaide Oval
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 671 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:59 am

I think the crows at their best match up pretty well to west coast - I think our forward line could stretch them, and we have the contested mids to be able to take on priddis and the like.

It has more been the system of play that has West Coast playing so well, and it has been broken down by precision foot passing - something the crows are not good at.

If both sides play at their best West Coast should win easily, but assuming things go do plan this week i would be quietly confident
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby helicopterking » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:06 am

bennymacca wrote:I think the crows at their best match up pretty well to west coast - I think our forward line could stretch them, and we have the contested mids to be able to take on priddis and the like.

It has more been the system of play that has West Coast playing so well, and it has been broken down by precision foot passing - something the crows are not good at.

If both sides play at their best West Coast should win easily, but assuming things go do plan this week i would be quietly confident

Our back line has been stretched all season. Our forward line will also stretch your backline. Will the Crows be able to kick 15-20 goals, which you will need to do to beat us. We are not Essendon. Can't wait to go and watch it.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:04 pm

helicopterking wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I think the crows at their best match up pretty well to west coast - I think our forward line could stretch them, and we have the contested mids to be able to take on priddis and the like.

Our back line has been stretched all season. Our forward line will also stretch your backline. Will the Crows be able to kick 15-20 goals, which you will need to do to beat us. We are not Essendon. Can't wait to go and watch it.

Our forwards have kicked - 18, 19, 9, 11 (22behinds!!) and 27 since the last time we played WC. Take out poor kicking against Tigers and a poor performace against Swans - we have been pretty dangerous scoring side. Compare that with WC - 11, 15, 11, 11 and 15 - our forwards are about on level when playing well. This is the game the Crows need to win because I cant see us beating Geelong in Geelong. Be great if the Saints can do the Crows a favour this week and knock Geelong off! Games are played at the same time - this will probably happen then the Lions beat us!
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Brisbane couldn't win if they started now.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5556 times
Been liked: 5181 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:22 pm

A good lead in to finals the next 3 weeks. Some big games looming.

Sundays Eagles V Dogs shapes as a ripper. Looking forward to seeing how our structure holds up against some quality forwards. I have a feeling we'll get beaten but if we can put up a good fight and at least be close it will give the young pups confidence for the finals. Chances are IF we can get through week 1 of finals that the second one will be in Perth too...

Very interesting year of footy! I hope my dogs can at least win 1 final, really excited!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Fricky » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:54 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:A good lead in to finals the next 3 weeks. Some big games looming.

Sundays Eagles V Dogs shapes as a ripper. Looking forward to seeing how our structure holds up against some quality forwards. I have a feeling we'll get beaten but if we can put up a good fight and at least be close it will give the young pups confidence for the finals. Chances are IF we can get through week 1 of finals that the second one will be in Perth too...

Very interesting year of footy! I hope my dogs can at least win 1 final, really excited!

Its been a great year of footy, shocking for tips though.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Been a pretty easy year for tipping I would have thought, I've picked mainly favs and got 9/9 last weekend and am equal top of my comp.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Wedgie wrote:Been a pretty easy year for tipping I would have thought, I've picked mainly favs and got 9/9 last weekend and am equal top of my comp.

I only got 8 on the weekend but am first and second in my two comps
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:52 pm

I reckon my mob will finish ninth. We have to win all three but I reckon we might only win one or two. And while we were getting kicked off the park by Hawthorn, Adelaide were enjoying a traing drill over Essendon.

No complaints, we aren't quite good enough this season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:39 am

Rik E Boy wrote:I reckon my mob will finish ninth. We have to win all three but I reckon we might only win one or two. And while we were getting kicked off the park by Hawthorn, Adelaide were enjoying a traing drill over Essendon.

regards,

REB

The North v Richmond game is pretty significant for both our sides. If North go into the final round having lost to Freo and WB, they need to beat Richmond to make the 8. The Cats/Crows game starts 40 mins before North's game which means there will be one side sitting in the change rooms at Skilled Stadium watching the TV hoping the Tiges get up.

Of course, a lot has to happen before the final game for the above scenario to play out.
Last edited by Fricky on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:40 am

Rik E Boy wrote:I reckon my mob will finish ninth. We have to win all three but I reckon we might only win one or two. And while we were getting kicked off the park by Hawthorn, Adelaide were enjoying a traing drill over Essendon.

regards,

REB

Done well considering IMO.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7946 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:52 am

Agreed.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby helicopterking » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:57 am

regards,

REB

You should reap the rewards of an easier draw next season also.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Feenix » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:54 pm

regards,

REB

I can’t see us dropping a game to St Kilda, Collingwood on a Friday night should be a win, the one Im worried about is Crows @ home. That could seriously go either way. We may have lost to Hawthorn but the cats of late have been in some good form, hopefully we get Duncan back this week too
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:12 pm

Suri wrote:

regards,

REB

The North v Richmond game is pretty significant for both our sides. If North go into the final round having lost to Freo and WB, they need to beat Richmond to make the 8. The Cats/Crows game starts 40 mins before North's game which means there will be one side sitting in the change rooms at Skilled Stadium watching the TV hoping the Tiges get up.

Of course, a lot has to happen before the final game for the above scenario to play out.

Not quite true, if North have lost to Freo and WB and the Crows and Cats have won both games then the Crows are in the 8 no matter the results of other games and if the Cats beat the Crows North cant make it. North may need to win 2 of 3 to make it. Would Scott be sacked if North didnt make the 8?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2431 times
Been liked: 1670 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:48 am

Two weeks to go. My ladder predictor now :

Fremantle 18/4
West Coast 17/1/4
Hawthorn 16/6
Sydney 16/6
North 15/7
Richmond 14/8
Dogs 14/8
Adelaide/Geelong I can't split in that last game.

Needing a win to play finals you're a gamer man than me to bet against Geelong in Geelong.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7532 times
Been liked: 10839 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:49 am

C'mon Geelong!
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL