Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby one day I will » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:50 pm

They can't let angle vale in or United will go bottom geez come on guys.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Snags » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:20 pm

norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:I see reading the Producer tonight, Angle Vale FC admission gaining some pace for season 2016

God i hope not

Why not?????

It will be a good chance for Hamley to have a close game.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:44 pm

norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:I see reading the Producer tonight, Angle Vale FC admission gaining some pace for season 2016

God i hope not

Why not?????

I will be 100% all for it if you can guarantee that angle vale will have a full compliment of juniors as well as full senior and junior netball teams. History with virginia shows that this will be a real struggle to do.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:45 pm

one day I will wrote:They can't let angle vale in or United will go bottom geez come on guys.

That is it cunnington
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby norm11 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:10 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

God i hope not

Why not?????

I will be 100% all for it if you can guarantee that angle vale will have a full compliment of juniors as well as full senior and junior netball teams. History with virginia shows that this will be a real struggle to do.

How do u know that this hasn't already been spoken about and sorted ?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:28 pm

norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:God i hope not

Why not?????

How do u know that this hasn't already been spoken about and sorted ?

I dont.
But............ coming from a club that currently only has to provide 2 senior teams on a saturday to all of a sudden providing an additional 2 junior football teams and 9 netball sides that is one massive step. Even more so considering it was a very common occurance last year for multiple players to double up in a grade and b grade.
If you can guarantee you can do it then awesome and welcome to the apfl.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:33 pm

I will be 100% all for it if you can guarantee that angle vale will have a full compliment of juniors as well as full senior and junior netball teams. History with virginia shows that this will be a real struggle to do.[/quote]
How do u know that this hasn't already been spoken about and sorted ?[/quote]
I dont.
But............ coming from a club that currently only has to provide 2 senior teams on a saturday to all of a sudden providing an additional 2 junior football teams and 9 netball sides that is one massive step. Even more so considering it was a very common occurance last year for multiple players to double up in a grade and b grade.
If you can guarantee you can do it then awesome and welcome to the apfl.[/quote]

They have plenty of juniors sides playing in the NEMJFL so can't see juniors being an issue
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:38 pm

norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

God i hope not

Why not?????

Mid table team in div 7! The comp already have one basket case. AV should work there way up to at least div 5 before going into the Plains
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Snags » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:02 pm

Angle vale will dominate in our junior competition. The worry is there A and B grade.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:41 pm

If it means they can attract players and build into a strong club it could be worth the short term pain? Real strong junior base, so no issue with long term viability, just strength in senior grades the issue currently. Surely another club in the league wouldn't be a bad thing for a league of this size with 1 club on its knees..

No idea what they plan re Netball, that's out of my scope
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Also noticed the BLG have rejected the new payment plans for 2016 by the SANFL with all clubs voting against it.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:37 pm

norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

God i hope not

Why not?????

Without trying to be exclusive, I'd be against Angle Vale joining the APFL just on the grounds of it being a COUNTRY football league.
I have nothing against the Angle Vale Football Club but if the APFL goes down that path, it may just end up as a northern based metropolitan league.
I have no idea what other paths the APFL can go down to introduce other clubs that are not a part (or basically a part) of metropolitan Adelaide, which is exactly why I'm not a member of the board but I hope our status and atmosphere as a country footy league is maintained for the future of our country towns.
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

God i hope not

Why not?????

Without trying to be exclusive, I'd be against Angle Vale joining the APFL just on the grounds of it being a COUNTRY football league.
I have nothing against the Angle Vale Football Club but if the APFL goes down that path, it may just end up as a northern based metropolitan league.
I have no idea what other paths the APFL can go down to introduce other clubs that are not a part (or basically a part) of metropolitan Adelaide, which is exactly why I'm not a member of the board but I hope our status and atmosphere as a country footy league is maintained for the future of our country towns.

Freeling maybe???
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:49 pm

God i hope not[/quote]
Why not?????[/quote]
I have no idea what other paths the APFL can go down to introduce other clubs that are not a part (or basically a part) of metropolitan Adelaide, which is exactly why I'm not a member of the board but I hope our status and atmosphere as a country footy league is maintained for the future of our country towns.[/quote]
Freeling maybe???[/quote]
Probably as good a suggestion as any
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Postby norm11 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Well sorry Gregory I hope we get in.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:56 pm

I have no idea what other paths the APFL can go down to introduce other clubs that are not a part (or basically a part) of metropolitan Adelaide, which is exactly why I'm not a member of the board but I hope our status and atmosphere as a country footy league is maintained for the future of our country towns.[/quote]
Freeling maybe???[/quote]
Don't reckon mate.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:57 pm

norm11 wrote:Well sorry Gregory I hope we get in.

What are the reasons behind AVFC wanting to join the APFL?
We know the APFL's reason behind wanting them to join.
Genuine question, not trying to have a go at anyone
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:47 am

Might be easier to target Northern based players knowing they only have to travel North to surrounding areas? Rather than Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni and the like? Also a country league offers quite a better game day experience for players and supporters alike, so they may think that could be a more attractive proposition than the current div 7 game day experience? They may believe it would be a better way of increasing player retention if a talented crop of juniors come through as opposed to them going from juniors to div 7..

Im only spit balling, I have nothing to do with AVFC but im at a club in a similar situation to them and these are the reasons why I would think the club would be pushing for the move..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:49 am

At the very least, they'd keep your tribunal busy.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:54 am

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

God i hope not

Why not?????

Whats the difference between Virginia and Angle Vale?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy