Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
HH3 wrote:I like this weather

Brings everyone down to your skill level ;)

Almost down to yours too ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:22 pm

HH3 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Haha bang straight back at me!

Well I must say in the games we have played together this season your skills have honestly been the best I've ever seen them.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:23 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
HH3 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Haha bang straight back at me!

Well I must say in the games we have played together this season your skills have honestly been the best I've ever seen them.

I've been turning it on recently in the Cs too! Having heaps of fun down there.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:33 am

The Ash Man wrote:The old local gossip across the road complaining that I ripped a tree out today will putting in new retaining walls. It was a 2.5m piece of shit looking paperbark ffs.
After she complained to me she went 2 doors up to talk to the other bitch that has nothing better to do

Its amazing that these types of people actually have nothing better to do that bitch and gossip. The good news is Ash Man is likely your tree killing ability will keep them worried for a while lol.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Ash Man » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:20 am

stan wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:The old local gossip across the road complaining that I ripped a tree out today will putting in new retaining walls. It was a 2.5m piece of shit looking paperbark ffs.
After she complained to me she went 2 doors up to talk to the other bitch that has nothing better to do

Its amazing that these types of people actually have nothing better to do that bitch and gossip. The good news is Ash Man is likely your tree killing ability will keep them worried for a while lol.

See how she reacts when I don't bring her bins in for her today like have for the past 2 years.
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:32 am

The Ash Man wrote:
stan wrote:

See how she reacts when I don't bring her bins in for her today like have for the past 2 years.

You should put what remains of the tree in her bins.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:41 pm

HH3 wrote:I've been turning it on recently in the Cs too! Having heaps of fun down there.

That's like bragging getting a strike in bumper bowling mate :lol: :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby tipper » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:28 pm

getting a call from my daughters school. well, not getting the call as such, but the content, which has made me worry.

"miss Tipper is fine, but the principal wanted me to ring you and tell you that she was hurt at lunch time, just a scratch on the wrist, but that he has followed through with the other student and dealt with it"

what? drop the pc double speak and tell me what happened. if it was an accident, fine, they happen. active kids sometimes bump into each other and people get bruises/scratches etc. if that is all it is who cares? i could have found that out from herself. bloody hell my brother broke his arm at school through nothing more sinister than playing chasey.

but the wording makes me think it is something more serious than that. that some little shit has deliberately hurt my little girl. if that is the case, why not just say that ffs? while no one wants bullying to happen, it still does. tell me what happened, and that it has been dealt with and id feel a lot better about it than the waffle i was given. stop trying to hide it by not mentioning it.

i feel like i should leave work early and go get some answers, but i dont want to overreact..... bloody pc world we live in. wouldnt want another parent to find out that little johnny is a bullying little shitstain, so lets call the parent and not actually tell them anything other than your child is fine.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Excuse my stupidity but what is "pc".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby tipper » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:32 pm

politically correct
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Welcome to schooling in the 21st century where the bully has all the rights and the victim does not get looked after
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:51 pm

MW wrote:
HH3 wrote:I've been turning it on recently in the Cs too! Having heaps of fun down there.

That's like bragging getting a strike in bumper bowling mate [emoji38] [emoji38]

You havent seen me try to football mate
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:05 am

Harder to get strikes in bumper bowling than regular!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:26 am

tipper wrote:getting a call from my daughters school. well, not getting the call as such, but the content, which has made me worry.

"miss Tipper is fine, but the principal wanted me to ring you and tell you that she was hurt at lunch time, just a scratch on the wrist, but that he has followed through with the other student and dealt with it"

what? drop the pc double speak and tell me what happened. if it was an accident, fine, they happen. active kids sometimes bump into each other and people get bruises/scratches etc. if that is all it is who cares? i could have found that out from herself. bloody hell my brother broke his arm at school through nothing more sinister than playing chasey.

but the wording makes me think it is something more serious than that. that some little shit has deliberately hurt my little girl. if that is the case, why not just say that ffs? while no one wants bullying to happen, it still does. tell me what happened, and that it has been dealt with and id feel a lot better about it than the waffle i was given. stop trying to hide it by not mentioning it.

i feel like i should leave work early and go get some answers, but i dont want to overreact..... bloody pc world we live in. wouldnt want another parent to find out that little johnny is a bullying little shitstain, so lets call the parent and not actually tell them anything other than your child is fine.....

If it is just a scratch then I don't see the big deal.

Having worked at schools for 20 years I'm not sure what you are expecting from the school. They can't ring and say "This little f@cker troublemaker that we can't control has done it again". Again it all depends on the actual injury but they have communicated it and if they contacted you it means it's been recorded.

Would you have preferred they didn't contact you?

As I said I have been in the system for 20 years and worked at over 200 schools. If you PM me the school and can give you some feedback on what I know of the school but it sounds to me like they have followed procedure.

I worked at a school one day where the child was very sick, chronically Ill. They rang the parent and when the parent arrived it was the wrong child/parent. Pretty funny from a distance but not so funny to the lady who worked on the other side of town.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:53 am

wristwatcher wrote:
tipper wrote:getting a call from my daughters school. well, not getting the call as such, but the content, which has made me worry.

Having worked at schools for 20 years I'm not sure what you are expecting from the school. They can't ring and say "This little f@cker troublemaker that we can't control has done it again". Again it all depends on the actual injury but they have communicated it and if they contacted you it means it's been recorded.

As I said I have been in the system for 20 years and worked at over 200 schools. If you PM me the school and can give you some feedback on what I know of the school but it sounds to me like they have followed procedure.

I worked at a school one day where the child was very sick, chronically Ill. They rang the parent and when the parent arrived it was the wrong child/parent. Pretty funny from a distance but not so funny to the lady who worked on the other side of town.

The procedure is bullshit then. Actually tell me what happened, and what the repurcussions were for the kid that did it. Not this bullshit where they actually havent told me anything. Why cant they say "This little f@cker troublemaker that we can't control has done it again".? Whats wrong with telling me that?

Turns out that an older kid ran up to my daughter and her friends and started laying into them with a stick. Thats assault if it was adults.

Now, because the school wont tell me anything, i can only go on what my 5 year old says, which as you would know can be unreliable at best.

Wouldnt it be better for the school to explain what happened so there are no misunderstandings? As it is i can only believe that nothing was done at the time and it wasnt till after lunch time that a teacher even found out about the completely unprovoked attack. And sure, its just a scratch, but what if she copped it in the eye? What is being done to ensure it wont happen again? Why wasnt the student named? And if as you say they are a problem child, and they cant be controlled, why do the other students have to suffer for her benefit?

Its ******* crap and you know it. And if it happens again the school will have ine very angry parent in their front office quick smart. As i said before, shit happens in the playground, but deliberately laying into reception kids with a stick is not on. Its bullying, its assault, and should have never happened.

And personally, nothing about a chronically ill kid and the school cocking up notifying the parents is funny. Its actually horrifying. If it was my daughter, and they rang someone else, and therefore delayed notifying me i would be livid....
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:35 am

Getting sick the day before my daughters 3rd birthday :(
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:00 am

@tipper I would be going to the school demanding a please explain.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:34 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:@tipper I would be going to the school demanding a please explain.

will do mate, it just has to wait till monday when the wife has a day off. she is much more reasonable than i am anyway so probably best she speaks to the school.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:35 am

tipper wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

The procedure is bullshit then. Actually tell me what happened, and what the repurcussions were for the kid that did it. Not this bullshit where they actually havent told me anything. Why cant they say "This little f@cker troublemaker that we can't control has done it again".? Whats wrong with telling me that?

Turns out that an older kid ran up to my daughter and her friends and started laying into them with a stick. Thats assault if it was adults.

Now, because the school wont tell me anything, i can only go on what my 5 year old says, which as you would know can be unreliable at best.

Wouldnt it be better for the school to explain what happened so there are no misunderstandings? As it is i can only believe that nothing was done at the time and it wasnt till after lunch time that a teacher even found out about the completely unprovoked attack. And sure, its just a scratch, but what if she copped it in the eye? What is being done to ensure it wont happen again? Why wasnt the student named? And if as you say they are a problem child, and they cant be controlled, why do the other students have to suffer for her benefit?

Its ******* crap and you know it. And if it happens again the school will have ine very angry parent in their front office quick smart. As i said before, shit happens in the playground, but deliberately laying into reception kids with a stick is not on. Its bullying, its assault, and should have never happened.

And personally, nothing about a chronically ill kid and the school cocking up notifying the parents is funny. Its actually horrifying. If it was my daughter, and they rang someone else, and therefore delayed notifying me i would be livid....

Accidental like so ignore that. It was Meant to be a quote

Judging by your reaction this is why students are not named. Sounds like you want to head down to the school and delve out hard justice.

Had you have communicated with them for clarification of event specifics they would have given it to you. If you used the phrase I would like to know "exactly what happened" when they were doing their initial report to you they would have recounted reported events but again it would have been here say. If anything it sounds like the school has used Standard Operational Procedure under the child protection act.

Without knowing the dynamics of the incident it's hard to know what the "follow through" would be but it may have been more childhood stupidity than pre meditated sinister bullying. I understand it's your daughter and your world but to some extent you need to trust the school. Again I can't see the injury but you have said it is minor. Should the other child injure further children on record they will get suspended and expelled.

I have probably communicated more than your school which may well frustrate you even more.

As for the final point. "Chronically Ill" was probably the wrong term. But she was sick, back in bed and feeling very unwell. Certainly done for the day and needing to go home and stay home. Yes the parent was livid. I was friends with the parent and also couldn't believe the cock up. She was given apologies, coffee and cake. In the end she was able to see the lighter side of it.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:21 am

wristwatcher wrote:Without knowing the dynamics of the incident it's hard to know what the "follow through" would be but it may have been more childhood stupidity than pre meditated sinister bullying. .

this...so this. 5 year olds are not pre-meditative criminals. They're just little shits (and that's even without bringing the whole ADHD crap into it) My friends 6 year old was suspended for sexual harassment because he hold a girl he loved her.

Reasons like this, is why I never finished my teaching degree.

The world has gone mad.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion