C1 - season 2015

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: C1 - season 2015

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:10 am

jo172 wrote:
250+ wrote:
marbles wrote:strange sign and not a good sign considering it was their home game with the A's B's Cs trifecta on all day

not their first forfeit this year?

I think it was their first forfeit talking to the coach after the game. Apparently they always struggle at this time of the year.

They tried to make up for it, by starting the 2nd quarter with 19 on the field. A count was held and proved to be correct, but the umps had no idea what to do so nothing was done about it. Not that it mattered in the scheme of things.

With plenty of fill-ins the SPOC boys tried hard all day but didn't look to interested in the last quarter given the wet cold muddy conditions and score line. Good luck to them for the rest of the year,

Ski Season? :lol:

How dare someone do a head count

Mind u it would take 30 men on the field to beat the all mighty athelstone :P
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby finn » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:38 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:
250+ wrote:
marbles wrote:strange sign and not a good sign considering it was their home game with the A's B's Cs trifecta on all day

not their first forfeit this year?

I think it was their first forfeit talking to the coach after the game. Apparently they always struggle at this time of the year.

They tried to make up for it, by starting the 2nd quarter with 19 on the field. A count was held and proved to be correct, but the umps had no idea what to do so nothing was done about it. Not that it mattered in the scheme of things.

With plenty of fill-ins the SPOC boys tried hard all day but didn't look to interested in the last quarter given the wet cold muddy conditions and score line. Good luck to them for the rest of the year,

Ski Season? :lol:

How dare someone do a head count

Mind u it would take 30 men on the field to beat the all mighty athelstone :P

Here's hoping Henley do it on Saturday.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Nah we would hope to stick with them for at least a quarter but they are far too superior for this division they wont lose another game all year
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:39 pm

marbles wrote:Nah we would hope to stick with them for at least a quarter but they are far too superior for this division they wont lose another game all year

Thinking Goodwood and Uni will be thinking differently. The competition has improved again on last year.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:06 am

finn wrote:
marbles wrote:Nah we would hope to stick with them for at least a quarter but they are far too superior for this division they wont lose another game all year

Thinking Goodwood and Uni will be thinking differently. The competition has improved again on last year.

Goodwood and uni are no chance either, athelstone are the best side I've seen since the Brisbane lions 3 premierships side
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Darth Demon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:45 pm

marbles wrote:
finn wrote:

Goodwood and uni are no chance either, athelstone are the best side I've seen since the Brisbane lions 3 premierships side

Well that's that then…Done!

I recon the rest of us will join SPOC, just hang up the boots and go to the Pub.

Raggies it's all yours! 8)
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby finn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:54 am

Whoops.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:42 am

finn wrote:

Whoops.

haha. and now this week, you face them :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Darth Demon » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:58 pm

marbles wrote:
finn wrote:

Whoops.

haha. and now this week, you face them :D

I don't think the "Fat Lady" has even thought about warming up, just yet.

Still some "Big Games to come in C1 - this week in Round 16 Uni v Raggies and even SHOC v Henley at Mitchell Park could be a tricky one.
Then Round 17 with ROCS v Raggies at Campbelltown, Henley v Goodies at Henley and right down to the wire in Round 18 Raggies v Goodies at Athelstone and Uni v Henley at Park 10.

Very interesting!
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:33 pm

Why inst the c1 ladder enabled with the 'predictor' function?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:42 pm

Well looky looky, just when Adelaide unis c1 side are about to play for top spot, their div 7 sides hav a bye this week :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:54 pm

marbles wrote:Well looky looky, just when Adelaide unis c1 side are about to play for top spot, their div 7 sides hav a bye this week :)

In my experience, Adelaide Uni have been very 'honourable' when it comes to team selections in these kinds of scenarios, unlike other clubs with C/D grades.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby finn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:13 pm

marbles wrote:Well looky looky, just when Adelaide unis c1 side are about to play for top spot, their div 7 sides hav a bye this week :)

Very prescient of the League back in March... :D

Should be a belter and close, Athelstone are never easy at home and will be smarting from last week. I'd imagine the c grade to be way too keen on getting on the gas (sorry, bonding as a team) to bother. Plus we're much better. :D
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Q. wrote:

In my experience, Adelaide Uni have been very 'honourable' when it comes to team selections in these kinds of scenarios, unlike other clubs with C/D grades.

My money was on athelstone but now I've cashed out!!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Q. wrote:

This is based on the fact that lower grades at university are formed around a core of players happy or wishing to play together for the year and players often make the choice of team before the season starts. Of course, players wishing to climb the grades are given those opportunities.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby finn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:19 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:

Didn't realise Sportsbet went that low.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:01 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:

Uni smash the seasons top side with ease? Raggies kick one goal for whole game :/
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:56 pm

marbles wrote:
marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:

Uni smash the seasons top side with ease? Raggies kick one goal for whole game :/

Was closer than the scoreboard suggests but we were very good especially after losing our best player in the first minute. I can see why Athelstone bully sides but we out defended them today. Some of their players then got a bit too focussed on the man.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:36 pm

finn wrote:
marbles wrote:
marbles wrote:

Was closer than the scoreboard suggests but we were very good especially after losing our best player in the first minute. I can see why Athelstone bully sides but we out defended them today. Some of their players then got a bit too focussed on the man.

severely strange the top side could only kick 1 goal on their home ground
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:46 am

some frightning calibre in Goodwoods Cgrade side last week, theyd be able to beat many of the Div 1 ressie bottom sides, and like most theyre be more players coming back for finals, theyll be pretty tough :shock:

ROCS a certainty to smash broadview, could they gain over 6% to jump from 5th to third in 1 game??
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League